• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomshine

Theoretically you should be better at fighters when you're younger but in practice it's not happening. I'm curious what will happen when the top guys of today are like 45.

oWT3b70.png

Dahbomb

Marvel LIVE pre-EVO episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XGtyV4gPdU

CEO, Pasadena Regional and of course EVO.

FChamp getting back into the grind with a FGTV Norcal Marvel tournament before EVO.

Marvel 3 EVO 2016 is going to be the most hilarious crap shoot tournament and it will be awesome. Last year was the biggest crap shoot to date (including Marvel 2 in it as well) and this year it might trump that.

Hmm, so from that story, it seems like Oro might be a villain now? Or has he always had the Satsui No Hado?

ZeRo is anything but a lock to win Smash 4. Since he returned to competition in May, here are his results:

2nd at GOML (lost to M2K in Winners Quarters and Ally in GF)
2nd at 2GGT: Mexico Sage (lost to Larry Lurr twice in GF)
2nd at Smash'N'Splash 2 (lost to Ally twice in GF)
1st at Low Tier City 4 (Nairo and Hyuga next-best players in attendance)
9th at CEO (lost to Prince Ramen in pools and Larry Lurr before Top 8)
3rd at WTFox 2 (lost to Dabuz in WF and Mr. R in LF)
Also, at CEO a ton of top players got knocked out by lesser known players. Smash 4 is going to have an intense Evo.

Xevren

Wait...that was like a Kunai interaction...but that's an actual fireball. Why did that happen?

edit: Ah, Ken gains armor on air tatsus in V-Trigger, I guess.

No armor, in vtrigger his heavy tatsu can just negate fireballs like that.

Kumubou

Alright, fess up. How many of y'all are going to use Pokemon Go while at EVO? Haha

;P
Given how spotty cell phone service can be at venues and how many people Evo is expecting this year (~20,000), I'm going to go ahead and guess that nobody will be able to in the end.

NEO0MJ

Or just bind them to character levels, or would that make too much sense!?

Now now, don't go pushing Capcom too much. Give them too many ideas that make it convenient for players and they'll snap. Like sure KI has been doing this since forever but that's different.

jbug617

Banned
I think someone asked about panel and the EVO page has them up. All times are PST.
http://evo.shoryuken.com/schedule/
Friday:
10am: SFV
12pm: KI
2pm: Twitch
4pm: Max

Saturday:
10am: Bang The Machine
12pm: SNK/Atlus
2pm: Valle
4pm: Tekken

Sunday Finals: