• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumubou

Digital Foundry apparently leaked that a PC version of Revelator is due end of this year/early next year
Yeah, I saw their breakdown of Xrd:R and the narrator casually mentioned what they expected from the Pc version coming in 2016 and I'm just sitting there going ?????. Either they accidentally let that out or they just derped.

Also shout outs to Xrd:R on the PS3 running better than SF5 does.

Here's hoping they have console/PC cross-play.
IIRC Shini from ASW has already ruled out PS/PC cross play due to staffing and budget considerations. Too bad. :|

CO_Andy

WTF can't believe Peter has unique attacks. You never honestly get to see them cause it takes like 10 secs to beat him.

Hope Cap makes him playable as a Dan DeeJay replacement.

notworksafe

Real question is why the fuck doesn't Capcom just unlock the colors? Why not throw the smallest goddamn bone to people who bought your shit game and suffered through the trash fire that is your development schedule?

Real question is why the fuck doesn't Capcom just unlock the colors? Why not throw the smallest goddamn bone to people who bought your shit game and suffered through the trash fire that is your development schedule?
Some people consider it to be content. You and I just want to play multiplayer, but there are weird people out there that have kept entertained by the Survival Mode grind since release, I am sure. :p

You have a thread over on the high side of people salivating over the prospect of content they could buy in a second season pass

notworksafe

Some people consider it to be content. You and I just want to play multiplayer, but there are weird people out there that have kept entertained by the Survival Mode grind since release, I am sure. :p

Hell, make it a free DLC: "Download this if you want the colors unlocked". That'll at least give people the option to do it.

You have a thread over on the high side of people salivating over the prospect of content they could buy in a second season pass

There are also people who like to get pooped on during sex.

Tripon

CmxMP2MWgAA7HDE.jpg

http://gleague.challonge.com/
http://capcomprotour.com/premier-tournament-g-league-2016/

https://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters

petghost

Banned
How much did ki change mechanically between seasons?

I trust the old fg model to sometimes deliver big changes that make a game much better like for instance under night in birth was pretty whack, as was sf3ng and alpha 1 and ggx and vampire and so many other first entries but I'm not sure whether we can expect that kinda thing outta sf 5

Fitts

Possibly dumb question: if I purchased a physical copy of the Killer Instinct Combo Breaker Pack would there be a way to use it to unlock the characters in the PC version? I don't own an XB1.

How much did ki change mechanically between seasons?

I trust the old fg model to sometimes deliver big changes that make a game much better like for instance under night in birth was pretty whack, as was sf3ng and alpha 1 and ggx and vampire and so many other first entries but I'm not sure whether we can expect that kinda thing outta sf 5

Mechanically, KI got some pretty big changes between each season.

Season 2 introduced aerial recaptures(a way to start grounded combos from air juggles), aerial combo breakers, and aerial counter breakers. It also introduced characters that have more unique mechanics to them as opposed to the season 1 characters(Aganos walls, Kan-Ra sand traps, Maya dagger charges, Hisako's unique counter hit properties, ect...). Season 2 also balanced out the rules of manuals(SF style links) during a combo.

Season 3 introduced the stagger hit-state, which is basically super long-hitstun; it allows easy manuals and being able to combo command throws during neutral. Season 3 also drastically shortened the KV meter(combo limiter) during air combos, allowing air juggles to be more of a viable tactic and threat. Season 3 also made it so that heavy normals always ignore super armor. Season 3 also added "aerial flip-out", which is the SF style anti-air reset; certain moves(both grounded and aerial) cause your opponent to flip out of the air into a neutral state, allowing for a reset.

Skab

Mechanically, KI got some pretty big changes between each season.

Season 2 introduced aerial recaptures(a way to start grounded combos from air juggles), aerial combo breakers, and aerial counter breakers. It also introduced characters that have more unique mechanics to them as opposed to the season 1 characters(Aganos walls, Kan-Ra sand traps, Maya dagger charges, Hisako's unique counter hit properties, ect...). Season 2 also balanced out the rules of manuals(SF style links) during a combo.

Season 3 introduced the stagger hit-state, which is basically super long-hitstun; it allows easy manuals and being able to combo command throws during neutral. Season 3 also drastically shortened the KV meter(combo limiter) during air combos, allowing air juggles to be more of a viable tactic and threat. Season 3 also made it so that heavy normals always ignore super armor. Season 3 also added "aerial flip-out", which is the SF style anti-air reset; certain moves(both grounded and aerial) cause your opponent to flip out of the air into a neutral state, allowing for a reset.

You forgot arguably the biggest change from season 3, which was combo breakers being changed from a soft knockdown to a flipout, and they can no longer be instinct canceled.

notworksafe

Possibly dumb question: if I purchased a physical copy of the Killer Instinct Combo Breaker Pack would there be a way to use it to unlock the characters in the PC version? I don't own an XB1.
I don't think so. I specifically had to log in on my X1 with the same XBL account I used on PC yo get everything to move over. If you could "borrow" someone's X1, put your account on there, and then boot the game there then everything would transfer over.

Skab

Did it come with any codes to redeem or is it all on disc stuff only?

If it's code based, you can use the xbox website.

Since Tripon isn't doing a thread for G-League, I can mock up something quick, unless someone is already doing something for it or has any objections.

Dahbomb

Anything new?
East Coast god damn free, I bopped all of them then they call me arrogant. 95% of them a-holes. It got so bad that people stopped showing up where I used to show up. Won all locals here, super duper free. East coast too bothered over me that they couldn't band together to take on the West coast and still got bopped by West coast etc. etc.

Now he's talking about Morrigan Doom beginning and AGE.

Line_HTX

Man... I remember the first time I've heard of Chris was actually during Final Round XVI where he 6-0 Flocker. That was the start of that tournament winning streak or whatever and all the AGE headphones.

Yeah, dude was amazing. I honestly ignored the tournament scene because I didn't care about the Marvel hype and how it drowned out everything else. I started caring when I saw what he could do with Morrigan and I became a believer, hahaha

I went up to him during Texas Showdown the year that Remix passed and asked him about it. That was very hard to listen to.

Dahbomb

oh boy. chris g calling his own streaming audience "morons"
Probably because the chat was spamming "lol get a real job" right after ChrisG was explaining how that wasn't actually possible (and when he did have a real job he was screwed over by the employer). And it's not like he isn't trying, he has put his resume out.

Though ChrisG is also not satisfied with just a grocery store job, he wants more.

But that was still a bit uncalled for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom