• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a haircut. Damn it feels nice. Sucks that it's just gonna grow back completely in a month or two though.

Oh yeah, sup MiniBossBattle ��

ae6e9a21bbd3ba5fe8d8768faf19f4e1541ec22d.jpg

You have made yourself a vengeful, powerful enemy today Beef.

I can feel the sun on my scalp.

.la1n

I need notables for GG, Pokken, Smash both of them, KI and MK.

I don't know all of the regulars in KI but I'd have my money on the following faces showing up in Top 16 at a minimum:

Bass, Thompson, Nicky, Sleep, RicoSuave, FiyahLiger

Special note that if Thompson wins EVO it will be a threepeat: he has won ComboBreaker and CEO previously.

After playing the story mode in SF5 (i didn't get it) I went back to playing Mad Max I got for 15 bucks. I should be playing Balrog or Ibuki but I have things to do in the wasteland.

edit: oh man, Monster Hunter Generations is coming out soon, isn't it?

Numb

MH seems like a rad series but I played Tri and 4U and just couldn't get into it :(

Happy it and RE exist so Capcom can eat tho
I had the PSP ones for years and they never clicked
Even bought 3 on 3ds but still didn't. 4u is when everything made sense became fav game of the year and also most played. It isn't easy but worth it when you get there

Beats

After playing the story mode in SF5 (i didn't get it) I went back to playing Mad Max I got for 15 bucks. I should be playing Balrog or Ibuki but I have things to do in the wasteland.

edit: oh man, Monster Hunter Generations is coming out soon, isn't it?

yup, next friday.

AAK

MK:

Sonic Fox
Foxy Grandpa
Scar
Hayatei
Dragon
Ketchup
Mustard
Honeybee
Biohazard
Madzin
DJT
MIT
WoundCowboy
Lord Pnut
RedRaptor

EDIT: If you need 20

Kitana Prime
Slayer
Tom Brady
Michaelangelo
ForeverKing

shaowebb

This upcoming Tuesday I'm copping Assault Suit Leynos and VIDEOBALL.

Is FG-GAF interested in either?

As much as I love me some shooties, Leynos never grabbed me as hard as the other things in the genre. I dunno...Metal Slug is good, but I just dont get too big into those types of shooties.
My list of shmups though does lack this title so I can see myself nabbing it on the PS4 once I get one.

Check out my library of shmups.

Shaowebb's shmup library because you can never have enough bullets said:
Fightcade is for stuff like ironclad and Pulstar from the SNK bundle recently. This doesn't include the stuff I bought for 360 like Trouble Witches Neo, Triggerheart Exelica, Bangai O Missile Fury, Akai Katana,Otomedius Exclellent, Deathsmiles 1 &2, Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets, Mushihimesama Futari, Espgaluda 2, Dodonpachi Resurrection, Raiden IV , Raiden Fighters Aces, Mother fucking Wartech (why you no Senko No Ronde Duo?) and a couple of indie things like Shnops attacks and Chronoblast.

It also doesn't include the PS3 stuff like Momorokun Curse, Resogun, Under Defeat and some other shit.

Also doesn't Include all the eshop stuff on the Wii and other titles like Ultimate Shooting Collection, Castle of Shikigami 3, Allllll the Star Soldier games, Allllllll the Fantasy Zone games, and oddball other Nintendo stuff like Liberation Maiden.

Also doesn't include my PS2 stuff like Castle Shikigami 1&2.

Fuck yeah I love shmups!

Saturn or HD remake of Leynos BTW? I'll add it to "the list" of PS4 titles to nab.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Isn't 66P a launcher that knocks them down in a slow stun animation on CH?
not quite
it puts the opponent in a unique state where they must guess whether to block low or mid, and if they are wrong they are hit CH. it's the only move that behaves like this in Virtua Fighter!
it does recover standing, though, and you can use the time in which your opponent is recovering to setup the unlockable instead of the canned mix-up.

if a jean player tries this on you... you can launch him while he's charging K, but you have to react quickly.

I'm just gonna put what appear to be the top 16 seeds in Melee/Smash 4:

Smash 4
ZeRo
Dabuz
Nairo
Mr. R
Anti
Abadango
Ally
VoiD
Zinoto
Marss
Larry Lurr
Mew2King
Kamemushi
Ranai
FOW
Hyuga

Melee
Armada
Hungrybox
Mango
Mew2King
Leffen
Plup
Axe
Westballz
SFAT
Shroomed
Ice
Swedish Delight
Druggedfox
Colbol
Wizzrobe
Lucky

Fitts

I don't think so. I specifically had to log in on my X1 with the same XBL account I used on PC yo get everything to move over. If you could "borrow" someone's X1, put your account on there, and then boot the game there then everything would transfer over.

Did it come with any codes to redeem or is it all on disc stuff only?

If it's code based, you can use the xbox website.

I totally forgot to check back yesterday. I'm pretty sure it just comes with a disc and, unfortunately, I don't know anyone who currently owns an XB1.

Thanks for the responses!

CO_Andy

I'm surprised some of you aren't more hyped for the GPD Win. Just today it was announced it was going to use the Z8700 Atom processor, which was what the Surface Pro 3 uses. Now you can play modern fighters like SFV or Xrd on a true portable.

Here's someone running SFV on Surface Pro 3 at 60 fps on some low setting --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0LQztpTtZo

Now if he had used mods he could of further optimized the experience by removing background elements and whatnot.

I actually have a GPD XD and didn't know this was going to be a thing. I'll most likely buy one if it's at least as well built (I like my GPD XD overall but the d-pad and buttons could be better).
Don't really want to use it for fighters though, I just stream stuff from my PC where input lag isn't a problem.

I'm surprised some of you aren't more hyped for the GPD Win. Just today it was announced it was going to use the Z8700 Atom processor, which was what the Surface Pro 3 uses. Now you can play modern fighters like SFV or Xrd on a true portable.

Now if he had used mods he could of further optimized the experience by removing background elements and whatnot.

community23_zps729d3b9c.gif

Is that a Kunai? I was that a cr. strong or cr. fiece?

Tripon

With over 5,000 competitors for Street Fighter V, EVO2016 is the biggest tournament in the history of the franchise! We couldn’t be more hype to be there to experience all the action and of course share some exciting news with all of our fans.

For those of you attending, we hope you can join us for our Street Fighter World panel where we will be sharing all kinds of information on Street Fighter V and unveil some new details surrounding the game. Hit the jump for more info.

Panel Location: Las Vegas Convention Center – Central Hall N101

Panel Time: Friday, July 15th 10:00 AM

Agenda:

SFV Content Updates
SFV Dev Updates
Capcom Pro Tour Discussion
Q&A Session
Again, we hope you can make it if you’re there in person and we can’t wait to speak with you all directly about our future plans for Street Fighter V!
http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/07/08/street-fighter-world-panel-at-evo2016

Last year's panel was recorded and put on Youtube somewhere, so I hope this year is as well. Since I got the okay to take two days off from work, I'm going to try to make it to this one and see what they say.

AAK

Does tekken even have unblockable setups usually

I don't think so? I doubt there's a string you can do on somebody and then launch them low for free.

There's that one Julia string where the first hit is both a high and a low, but IIRC you can duck it beforehand to block the low.

I think Aris mentioned that Tekken 6 had a lot of 50/50s due to the heavy emphasis on pushing your opponent into the wall, so I wouldn't be surprised if a few characters had some unblockable setups.

I personally don't know Tekken though so I could be wrong.

You guys were wondering about unblockable setups, this is an example. That setup worked because the Hei player anticipated a tech roll which the unblockable move tracked towards.

Beats

Some notable players for Pokken:

Tonosama
CoachSteve
Ouroboro
KOG
Abadango
Suicune Master
Bim
Cyberman65
GO1
Angbad
Catfight
Allister
Thulius
mega-chitanda
Potetin
Obscure
Kyamei
Buntan
Teejay
Swillo

Daigo to the new generation players on his stream (paraphrased by Jiyuna): "Why are you playing fighting games instead of FPS? If I was your age I wouldn't be playing fighting games."

Warxard

Banned
I need about 20 for each.

KI
Bass, Nicky, Sleep, Thompson, Fiyah Liger, DevilMayCare, Thrash Heavy, LCD, Rico, Gnarly Feats, Pink Diamond, Gutter Magic, Shintristan, My God, Waterhorses, Daymien, Damien Cornejo, DaytonJ, Tonosama, swordsman09

on that Tekken Advance tech

tekken-advance-image314431.jpg

CurlyW

Smash players (In particular, Melee players) were complaining that some pools were directed straight to semi finals while other pools had an extra quarter finals to go though in order to get to semi finals.

Basically, the math worked out that way, but all players will be playing 6-7 rounds anyway to get to semi finals.

Cm408jtUEAEhTuo.jpg

https://twitter.com/Pond3r/status/751596413536997376

The problem is that this year, EVO changed up their bracket system a bit and added in the byes before Semifinals instead of before the Round 2 pools. As a result, for Melee this year, Round 2 pools end with 38 people left instead of 32, which means that some people advancing out of Round 2 have to play 1-2 extra matches in order to actually make semifinals (Top 32). In previous years, those extra matched would be after Round 1 pools, at the start of Round 2 pools. There is no reason that EVO couldn't have done the same thing this year, and ran 16 R2 pools with 18-19 players each instead of what they are doing (19 R2 pools with 15-16 players each).

Additionally, this extra "quarterfinal" has severely altered the Melee Top 32 bracket, as the bracket is set up in such a way that there will be many double-jeopardy situations when they should've been easily avoidable. Melee, and to a lesser extent Smash 4, are the only games affected by this. I don't blame them for being mad about it.

daigo about to be a full twitch streamer. He said he's gonna be streaming HS in the future. Time to send him my business card and give him some lessons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom