• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

8 PM Saturday is looking stacked with SFV and Marvel, MKX semi finals. They got three streams for SFV semis.

Looks like another year where we are going to have a ton of off screen upsets in Marvel right before top 8.

I would've gone to EVO this year but stuff came out a few months ago and I couldn't go.

SFV Quarterfinals on only one stream is going to make a lot of people mad once again.

Yeah, that is unfortunate. I really think it's a dis-service to the tournament. EVO is the biggest collection of fighting game talent BY FAR. Tons of those superstar players are going to be eliminated off-stream. I know you can't get every match on stream, but no losers matches at all until top 32 is going to suck hard and Twitters are going to get blown up again.

Dahbomb

Remember the Marvel panel.
Man can you even IMAGINE the meltdown if Capcom came out and said "we will not be supporting SFV anymore" and "no more balance patches planned".

Then Snake Eyez asks Combofiend about Zangief in SFV and Peter replies "just get gud son, learn to play!"

Cherry on top being "input lag is working as intended".

Man can you even IMAGINE the meltdown if Capcom came out and said "we will not be supporting SFV anymore" and "no more balance patches planned".

Then Snake Eyez asks Combofiend about Zangief in SFV and Peter replies "just get gud son, learn to play!"

Cherry on top being "input lag is working as intended".
Don't forget "This is some cool stuff we thought about putting in the game, but didn't. Questions?"

This is MvC4's time!
It would be a mistake to announce that at anything but E3.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It would be a mistake to announce that at anything but E3.
Eh, game announcements happen whenever, wherever nowadays, E3 is still huge but not necessary. That's also why so many publishers have moved to announcing things on their own terms. The past gen we've seen devs either pre-empt E3 or announce in lull periods to avoid being overshadowed. In fact, I can't remember the last Capcom fighting game announced at E3? Nothing from last gen, anyways.

That said, I doubt MvC4 is in a place where it can be announced, and Capcom would be smart to just focus on how they're supporting SFV and enriching the value of the product.

Neoxon

Eh, game announcements happen whenever, wherever nowadays, E3 is still huge but not necessary. That's also why so many publishers have moved to announcing things on their own terms. The past gen we've seen devs either pre-empt E3 or announce in lull periods to avoid being overshadowed. In fact, I can't remember the last Capcom fighting game announced at E3? Nothing from last gen, anyways.

That said, I doubt MvC4 is in a place where it can be announced, and Capcom would be smart to just focus on how they're supporting SFV and enriching the value of the product.
While I don't have as much confidence in MvC4 happening anytime soon as you (ironic coming from the Marvel fan), I pretty much agree. Capcom likely wants to take this year to solidify Street Fighter V in the FGC. Announcing MvC4 within the same year would take a bit of wind out of SFV's sail, especially since SFV is starting to recover from its rocky start.

What Marvel panel?
At Evo a few years ago. Maybe you blocked it out from PTSD.

How often does Capcom announce stuff randomly, though?

Neoxon

How often does Capcom announce stuff randomly, though?
Vanilla MvC3 was announced at Capcom's own event ahead of E3. Since that's no longer a thing, assuming MvC4 even happens at all, Capcom may just announce it during Sony's E3 press conference.

Season 2 announcement hype!... or maybe they'll save that for Cap Cup.
Maybe they'll say "Season 2's still happening" at EVO & maybe give us a teaser on the characters, but I'm not expecting any specific character reveals for Season 2 until after Grand Finals at the Capcom Cup.

What Marvel panel?

Before people realized how good Ultimate Marvel 3 was they were begging for a patch. At EVO 2012 Capcom held UMVC3 panel & everyone expected some sort of announcement specifically a rumored Fall patch. They ended up just showing screen shots of old ditched mechanics & art styles leaving everyone going WTF was the point of this?

Neoxon

Before people realized how good Ultimate Marvel 3 was they were begging for a patch. At EVO 2012 Capcom held UMVC3 panel & everyone expected some sort of announcement specifically a rumored Fall patch. They ended up just showing screen shots of old ditched mechanics & art styles leaving everyone going WTF was the point of this?
Please don't remind me. I was left with the worst case of blue balls ever.

shaowebb

Oh you mean the one where they showed us what didn't make it in like beam battles and said they weren't gonna patch infinites or anything else like a week after infinites were found and abandoned the game?

Yeah, I remember that. I thought they were supposedly making some kind of NEW announcement recently that I hadn't heard about and that was what you guys were talking about. I was pretty confused...if anyone even farts at capcom and it sounds like the word "marvel" it makes a thread appear. I was wondering how I'd miss news of an announcement on it lol.

jett

D-Member
Evo Schedule is up. Kadey you might want to use this for the thread.
Also if you didn't know, they are not charging for Source quality. Subscriptions are for emotes and the money goes towards scholarships.

Man they cleared the shit out of Sunday for dat ESPN coverage LOL. Barring any disasters this should be the first Evo Sunday that is actually on time.

Tekken gathering bosses
Rugal too would be sweet

CmzV1laVYAAAj_P.jpg
The genocide cutter is real.

Warxard

Banned
It depends on their level of dickishness. Microsoft is releasing all their games on PC with free online play, but XB1 peasantry still has to pay for it.

Nah, MS tried making PC players pay for online and that's one of the contributing reasons to why GFWL failed

Neoxon

Of course you guys would take the "blissful ignorance" approach. The only way bullshit gets through is for us to do nothing. As Tripon said in the MvC4 thread, there are good people at Marvel Games. It's the higher-ups at Marvel Entertainment (namely Ike Perlmutter) that are the problem.

Dahbomb

Of course you guys would take the "blissful ignorance" approach. The only way bullshit gets through is for us to do nothing. As Tripon said in the MvC4 thread, there are good people at Marvel Games. It's the higher-ups at Marvel Entertainment (namely Ike Perlmutter) that are the problem.
What blissful ignorance?

No one here knows what Marvel/Capcom's plans are and anyone saying otherwise either has insider knowledge or is talking from their butt hole. Policies change, managements change, projects change, outlook change.

All we know is that Marvel knows there's demand for MvC which means they have heard our demand. That's all we as consumers can do right now.

i mean, sometimes bigwig business type people get to their positions because they knew what they are doing when it comes to being profitable.

not always, but pretty high chance of it.

i want to say if things show themselves to be worth the hassle, then we would be hearing something concrete about it sooner rather than later.

Neoxon

What blissful ignorance?

No one here knows what Marvel/Capcom's plans are and anyone saying otherwise either has insider knowledge or is talking from their butt hole. Policies change, managements change, projects change, outlook change.

All we know is that Marvel knows there's demand for MvC which means they have heard our demand. That's all we as consumers can do right now.
But everything we've heard about the Marvel-Fox feud has come from what Ike Perlmutter has done, & he's as stubborn & petty as they come. And as long as he's in charge, any hope for change is minuscule at best. That is, unless Marvel Games pulls a Marvel Studios & becomes a separate entity that reports directly to Disney.

i mean, sometimes bigwig business type people get to their positions because they knew what they are doing when it comes to being profitable.

not always, but pretty high chance of it.

i want to say if things show themselves to be worth the hassle, then we would be hearing something concrete about it sooner rather than later.
While the idea of the ban makes sense (minimize advertisement for the characters in Fox's films), Deadpool still broke the bank. The only ones that Perlmutter's BS is truly hurting are the fans.

Warxard

Banned

I don't believe you.

I mean you were wrong about the Bayonetta/Smash thing so

Neoxon

I don't believe you.

I mean you were wrong about the Bayonetta/Smash thing so
True, but we've been hearing reports about Perlmutter's pettiness for about a year now (Ex: The reports of him removing F4 material from the Marvel offices). Plus there's the recent string of games & the mutants being phased out of the cartoons (though the comics have mostly been safe).

Don't want to believe me, fine. But don't say that I didn't warn you.

Dahbomb

But everything we've heard about the Marvel-Fox feud has come from what Ike Perlmutter has done, & he's as stubborn & petty as they come. And as long as he's in charge, any hope for change is minuscule at best. That is, unless Marvel Games pulls a Marvel Studios & becomes a separate entity that reports directly to Disney.
Who cares about politics up in these big corporations? All we should care about is the end product WHEN IT ACTUALLY ARRIVES.

Neoxon

Who cares about politics up in these big corporations?
Because it's affecting us, the fans. If the BS stayed to themselves, I'd just carry on with my day. But said BS has seeped into the games. You're pretty much saying that we should wait until it's too late.

Tripon

Here sign this petition on change.org.

Just click here.

(I will include the link later since I am on mobile and including a link is a bitch.)
I'm not going to add a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom