• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

What were the best pools matches in SFV yesterday? Any big stories? If they're spoilers please save it. I'd rather have a list of great matches so I can watch unspoiled.

I'd actually like to be corrected if wrong, but I don't feel like much of anything happened yesterday; there was some decent matches, but with such an enormous entrant pool I feel like pools were even more lopsided/boring to watch than most majors. I'm not sure if there was even really any notable upsets or people not making it out or whatever.

I think the real meat is going to be starting at 2pm (PST) today with the second round of pools, looking at those brackets that's when I start recognizing a lot of the players in most of those matches with many against each other.

....are you getting offended on his behalf?
Do you not realize how silly your post was? For real do your get off on this type of shit? Like do you make a list of people who like execution and wait till they or did you go through my post history to look for a comment that I may have made months ago which you didn't provide btw. Even if I did make that statement the point still stands put in the fucking work and don't get mad that someone who put in the time to get good is doing shit you can't. Execution is part of the game so either adapt or shut up. You acting like a petty bitch tbh.

Producer

Do you not realize how silly your post was? For real do your get off on this type of shit? Like do you make a list of people who like execution and wait till they or did you go through my post history to look for a comment that I may have made months ago which you didn't provide btw. Even if I did make that statement the point still stands put in the fucking work and don't get mad that someone who put in the time to get good is doing shit you can't. Execution is part of the game so either adapt or shut up. You acting like a petty bitch tbh.

hahaha damn

He didn't say all that. He just asked a question, dude.

Line_HTX

Nyotengu as Morrigan

tumblr_o79a6gv8pz1rhyqxko1_500.gif

Yoooo... Is this legit?

Just saw this on my twitter an hour ago. I feel like I should mention it. Alex Meyers mentioned that a couple of WNF regulars were involved in a car accident with a drunk driver while on their way to EVO. Some of you guys might recognize the name Viennahotdog, I think he was a Honda player in SF4. He's in critical condition right now. The other person with him, Bobby, was killed in the car crash. My condolences for Bobby and his family and I hope Vienna can pull through.

https://twitter.com/ronin_AlexMyers/status/754258115155996672

Just saw this on my twitter an hour ago. I feel like I should mention it. Alex Meyers mentioned that a couple of WNF regulars were involved in a car accident with a drunk driver while on their way to EVO. Some of you guys might recognize the name Viennahotdog, I think he was a Honda player in SF4. He's in critical condition right now. The other person with him, Bobby, was killed in the car crash. My condolences for Bobby and his family and I hope Vienna can pull through.

Awful news. Hoping ViennaHotDog pulls through.

Fuck.

Praying for Vienna to pull through this.

Numb

Jesus

Damn that's fucked up. R.I.P

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

That's awful

Line_HTX

Oh my God, that is terrible. My condolences to Bobby, and praying for Viennahotdog to pull through.

FUCK DRUNK DRIVERS. God, they should never get any mercy, fucking low-lifes.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

omfg this is absolutely horrible :(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That sucks about Vienna. He use to play in my lobbies all the time. Wonder who Bobby is. What he went by. Prayers to his family.

Damn that's awful. Hopefully Vienna pulls through.

Line_HTX

shaowebb

I'm so out of touch that I know nothing about Central Fiction.

Are Shana and Kirino still stupid as fuck?

Definitely praying for a speedy recovery. Drunk drivers need to get the maximum penalty.

For Central Fiction i'd ask QisTopTier. He's my go to for BB knowledge. I floated too many times to other titles to be accurate at anything about it.

As for DFCI yes Shana and Kirino are still stupid as fuck lol. Shana still gets mad damage. She can do like 2/3rds your health or more for the effort it'd take most to do half your health and as always it costs her far less meter. Kirino is pretty well still Kirino to my knowledge, but Shana is better. The new systems put in place in Ignition lets you compensate between rounds better vs Shana and Kirino players though because you get to assess how you did and choose bonuses to meter or trump or whatever with assists accordingly to empower what tools worked the best for you in round 1 and 2. They stack too if you go all the way to round 3 and choose the same bonus each time.

New assists help a lot though and someone said some assists got buffs like Celty so I'll have to look into those changes because I missed them apparently. Honestly the new Lucian assist from the DLC would probably help with Shana a lot. It runs to one side of the screen then back again and its pretty huge in hitbox. Makes for solid left rights and locks her down for a good bit. Locking Shana down till you can pressure is really your best option.

shaowebb

When did MKX start? Probably missed a good deal :/
Edit:
KOF XIV tourney starting
https://www.twitch.tv/atlususa

Oh Awesome! I was there for most of the casual play this morning. I really hope we see some Meitenkun in this. Dude is like Ash Crimson meets Urien from all accounts. Charge character I believe. Sounds like he must be an insane projectile user meaning I may have a point character for my Mui Mui.

Also Alice has looked fucking solid out there. Long limbed pokes, Andy's elbow but on block she jumps away to safety, great jump in hitboxes (drop kicks and hurt box far from danger), and a dash up super with a little hop as she does a diving knee into rising tackle. Sorta like the Rock Howard stuff.

She's a solid character all over.

EDIT: Found footage of Alice vs Meitenkun for everyone!
Alice, Meitenkun, Mian, Luong, Mui Mui, Iori set

He's not how I pictured. Meitenkun has the ability to throw pillows at various angles and they travel slow. Can also jump and do multiple air kicks like B. Jenet sorta. Looks like a good space controller and since Mian can double jump and do more divekicks than Dr Doom wearin Jordans it'll be a good character to use vs her IMO. Not sure how they got "ash + Urien" but maybe its just the annoyance factor of controlling options they meant. Either way I like this. Enjoy the footage.

damn :(

shaowebb

I gotta see the next Juiceybits because the popoff on stream needs to be big for that one. He just put Reynald into losers 2-0!
:D

Line_HTX

I tried watching Pokken earlier when it was Top 32, and man, it just looks like it is extremely difficult to setup because you have to have two systems hooked up.

Sucks that there's no true offline multiplayer because Nintendo likes making things unnecessarily complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom