• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumubou

It's going to be an agonizing 4 hour wait after Xrd Revelator finishes. Hope it actually finishes before 3 PM just in case no Melee person starts bitching, and then on the TV side, hope that NBA Summer League finishes their shit early before the SFV Top 8 starts at 7 PM.
I'm in Vegas and I'm not looking forward to the four hour gap between Xrd and SF5. Hopefully Jiyuna's anime suite will be open by then. It is Vegas so I'll figure out something but I'm trying not to go broke here.

Line_HTX

No Jack-O in top 8 means no nerfs. Do what's right and make Zato and Johnny shit tier.

Bring the hammer down on Zato, Nash, and Ryu while buffing Jack-O, Elphelt, Karin, Cammy, and R. Mika. I like it, heh heh heh...

;P

I'm in Vegas and I'm not looking forward to the four hour gap between Xrd and SF5. Hopefully Jiyuna's anime suite will be open by then. It is Vegas so I'll figure out something but I'm trying not to go broke here.

Did you have fun with all of the AnimEVO games? How'd you do?

Kumubou

Bring the hammer down on Zato, Nash, and Ryu while buffing Jack-O, Elphelt, Karin, Cammy, and R. Mika. I like it, heh heh heh...

;P

#BuffWaifus

Animevo went fairly well, all things considered. There were some really nasty scheduling issues that came up (As disappointed as I was to not see GO1 play Aquapazza or any of the other late games, he would have completely messed up those brackets if he did) and the typical stresses from having to run stuff for 12+ hours at a time, but it seems like most people were enjoying it. I know I had a good time commentating Koihime Enbu and Aquapazza (and shoutouts to KOG for finally winning AP at Animevo after finishing 2nd 484637383638 times).

I didn't get to play much (that TO and commentator life), but I did manage 9th in Aquapazza. Managed to not lose to any Americans in the progress, at least. :x

I-hate-u

Just saw that Dual Kevin vs Chris G match.

Wow, such discipline and character awareness on Kevin's part. Rooting for him to win now.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210279723]Zato is definitely cool, even if he's a nerfed jojo's character with an ugly costume.[/QUOTE]
Zato would kick the face off of a ton of the Jojo's cast members.

Zato would kick the face off of a ton of the Jojo's cast members.

a ton of the jojo's cast members are small animals, schoolchildren and disabled people.

the rest are immortal time lords that can shoot lasers out of their eyes and transform into velociraptors on their way to inverting the world's gravity, but still.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210280473]a ton of the jojo's cast members are small animals, schoolchildren and disabled people.

the rest are immortal time lords that can shoot lasers out of their eyes and transform into velociraptors on their way to inverting the world's gravity, but still.[/QUOTE]
I meant the fighting game.

LordJim

Apology Man vs FilipinoChamp was pretty good.
First two games, he pretty much won the neutral game with Firebrand against Magnus.

NEO0MJ

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210281034]Hmm. He'd be alright. Jojo's is a lot dumber than people realize, though.[/QUOTE]

Send Pet Shop to show them the righteousness of God.

Marz

;P

Buff girl characters and nerf male characters eh?

Sayad

So, someone from my country made it to MKX top 8 in winners. I'm actually hyped to for an MKX top 8! \o/

"MKX EVO champ Tekken Master" sounds really good to say too. :D

I can't wait for T7

tumblr_o92mkik91K1usrgjso2_540.gif

You ain't slick with the Google search shit. It wasn't on me to find the quote. Anyways my whole point has always been you get what you put in. Also the execution is part of the game so thats something you have to deal with. I still never said that execution should should be a sport I was comparing the two but it's not only sports it could be any hobby you need to practice. Anyways, I wasn't as prepared as I should of been and my inexperience was the reason for my loss. Even if the execution wasn't there it would of been something else. My opponents held it together better than I did.

shaowebb

#BuffWaifus

Animevo went fairly well, all things considered. There were some really nasty scheduling issues that came up (As disappointed as I was to not see GO1 play Aquapazza or any of the other late games, he would have completely messed up those brackets if he did) and the typical stresses from having to run stuff for 12+ hours at a time, but it seems like most people were enjoying it. I know I had a good time commentating Koihime Enbu and Aquapazza (and shoutouts to KOG for finally winning AP at Animevo after finishing 2nd 484637383638 times).

I didn't get to play much (that TO and commentator life), but I did manage 9th in Aquapazza. Managed to not lose to any Americans in the progress, at least. :x

Yeah, but there was nothing much to be done for the scheduling issues. DFCI doubled in entrants at the venue so it was what it was. Its good that folks didn't have the top 8's for AquaP and AH3LM finish up off screen and never get to see it though. I was really happy about that.

My God the scramble to get on the board in Grand Finals AH3LM was one of the sickest things I've ever seen.

Plus Koihime and Nitroplus had a pretty decent amount of stellar matches as well. Tons of good stuff across all of AnimEVO. Homura army was eeeeeeeeeverywhere in Nitroplus lol. Koihime was super healthy in variety though. So happy to see the Bacho love everytime she'd use the horse.

Just so many good memories. Thanks for the streams.

They are broadcasting Audio in the venue & it sucks. You can't even make out what Aris & David are saying 90% of the time. It's a waste of time & it makes the production here feel cheap.

Line_HTX

They are broadcasting Audio in the venue & it sucks. You can't even make out what Aris & David are saying 90% of the time. It's a waste of time & it makes the production here feel cheap.

Aris and David are very clear. I don't know what you're hearing.

E: Oh, at the venue. I dunno. *Shrug

CO_Andy

Did someone really have to make a thread about Zero whining about EVO.
Folks calling for segregation... might be the first instance in history where both sides might approve overwhelmingly.

Of course without $ma$h how will Wiz pay for his upscale venue?

shaowebb

I hear Top 8 Killer Instinct was sweet yesterday. Too many streams at once for me to keep up with what with KI, DFCI, and just stuff all day. Anyone got the archive up yet?

ShinMaruku

Folks calling for segregation... might be the first instance in history where both sides might approve overwhelmingly.

Of course without $ma$h how will Wiz pay for his upscale venue?

If they had more support from other publishers the money lost from Smash would easily be made up for. That said I doubt there will really be separation, I just think scheduling needs a better shake and the brackets need a bit of upscaling. Main issue I see is sf5 being so massive. But hell if SF5 grows even by 25% next year, that could address removing a game from the line up.

shaowebb

Here. Not 1080P/60FPS but it will do.

Thanks. By the way guys you REALLY gotta check out this thing that came up at AnimEVO for tourney organizers of any game.

Burningmeter.com

I went there to check brackets and holy shit at the stuff this site has. Its set to become a complete archiver for tournaments.

Has sections for frame data, tutorials, streams, online events, players to setup matchups with, just a ton of good shit for brackets like auto seeding and offline functionality that updates the brackets online the next time you get connectivity from your phone or whatever you're using.

I know I'm gonna use it to search for online tournies in various games and just show up sometime or watch the associated stream links it posts. This will make it a LOT easier to find competition week to week and keep a record of tournament placings and such.

Rhapsody

Banned
Did someone really have to make a thread about Zero whining about EVO.

I don't see what's wrong with that tbh. I don't think it should be dismissed as ZeRo whining when some of it is pointing out legit concerns on how the event was ran like the setups situation.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You always have the people who comes out of nowhere saying the FGC is trash, jealous of Smash community, etc. Honestly EVO doesn't need Smash and vice versa but people are trying to make it work. I'm all about the more games, the merrier but I also know it'll be a nightmare to run. You are never ever going to please everyone. Butthurts are going to happen. Every year is a learning experience for everyone. Perhaps EVO needs to chill out with the number of games.

I don't see what's wrong with that tbh. I don't think it should be dismissed as ZeRo whining when some of it is pointing out legit concerns on how the event was ran like the setups situation.

I'm going to believe the words of a certain TO and people who have been saying Smash players have some sense of entitlement rather than them. Instead of making the thread about Zero's tweets it could be more along the lines of EVO has so and so things wrong with it this year, here's our opinion on how to make it better, etc. Context is important. Thread titles and OP is important.

You always have the people who comes out of nowhere saying the FGC is trash, jealous of Smash community, etc. Honestly EVO doesn't need Smash and vice versa but people are trying to make it work. I'm all about the more games, the merrier but I also know it'll be a nightmare to run. You are never ever going to please everyone. Butthurts are going to happen. Every year is a learning experience for everyone. Perhaps EVO needs to chill out with the number of games.

With fighting games coming back in a massive way since the launch of SF4 (and especially recently), as a TO and a fan, you want everything to be there. But logistically, something needs to change if you want to make it work. The FGC is getting far too big to have their super bowl run in an entire weekend.

Cutting the number of games should be a last resort imo, because I personally want as many games as possible to be represented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom