• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaowebb

Oh my god Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition is going into its SEVENTH HOUR. Bracket just reset in Grand Finals. Hey LineX remember that tactic I said would work vs Shana? Yeah well someone is rocking Lucian assist to do exactly what I said and slow her the hell down to go for mixups and kill her in Grand Finals. Its shutting down the tourney favorite and its been working all evening.

At this point I'm an hour and a half late on Arcana Heart starting and it has to be pushed back even FURTHER to make way for Aquapazza to be played which is three and half hours late.

I like DFCI but fuck this is too much :|

Line_HTX

Why the fuck is it taking SEVEN HOURS?! Are Shana and Lucian just stall tactics?!

Damn, first Pokken, now Dengeki taking forever to end.

DansGame

shaowebb

Why the fuck is it taking SEVEN HOURS?! Are Shana and Lucian just stall tactics?!

Damn, first Pokken, now Dengeki taking forever to end.

DansGame

No the tourney doubled in size at the Convention above the pre-reg numbers so it was slotted for 6 hours and took...7hr 50min.

Lots of back and forth sets too. Grand Finals had a bracket reset and go to the very last round...and Shana still won over the Lucian tactic. Lucian is just a multihitting attack that comes out twice every time you use it. Runs in from the left. Then comes back later from the right. It forces blocks and thats not a stall tactic but a pressure tactic. It puts Shana on the defensive which is hard to do sometimes. Lets you get goin on a character who outputs a ton of meterless damage so you dont die super quick.

It sounds like Aquapazza is goin on the stream now. Not sure if I'll even get any archives on Arcana heart now or not. Chat mod is being super defensive but all I'm asking at this point is just plain old "is any of the events already in progress and are they being recorded to air later?"

Aquapazza Top 8 starting now

Arcana Heart 3 Love Max time uncertain. Still trying to confirm if its pushed back or being played offstream and whether or not its being archived or anything if so.

Nyotengu as Morrigan

tumblr_o79a6gv8pz1rhyqxko1_500.gif

dios mio

shaowebb

Arcana Heart 3 Love Max Top 8 *ended and my god it had the fastest scrambles I've ever seen in Grand Finals*

Aquapazza just ended.

Found out though that there was a mechanic that I didn't know about involved in negative emotion...at half health you take less debuffs for negative emotion and do more damage for positive emotion.

That mitigates things a bit, but when I played it still relied super heavy on that guard thing for the emotion build.

I dunno...it felt bad mechanically with the system before and dumb on damage output and leads extending but thats a big enough fuck up on my part to require reloading it into the barrel to study harder. It makes me worry I might've missed something important and I am obsessed with design notes enough to play a game till I feel I got a solid picture of it before deciding to put it down or continue.

I think the wave of games in fall might've led me to put this one down partly finished. God I hated the emotion system in play though...such ass broken damage.

Dahbomb

Dual Kevin vs ChrisG was pinnacle Marvel play by Dual Kevin.

That was FChamp vs ChrisG in 2013-2014 (both at 100%) level good. Absolute treat to watch.

Arturo vs Momochi was match of the day though.

Line_HTX

First Losers match is Christ vs. Justin AGAIN.

I really can't watch this.

E: Or is it ApologyMan? I dunno, it's late and too many things happened on this Day 2 of EVO.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Art beating Momo definitely set the stage for future events. Momo was a threat to a lot of people. By beating him completely from winners gave way for some other players to move ahead.

Dahbomb

JWong vs ChrisG match is the most pivotal match of that top 8 (like it usually is). ChrisG winning means he would probably beat whoever comes down from winners and then can also beat KBR if they meet up again.

JWong can probably beat the other players after ChrisG but will have a much harder time against KBR and would allow KBR to repeat his EVO win.

Line_HTX

Hmm... while I did enjoy KBR winning last year... I have a feeling it is finally time for Chris to outlast Justin and run a clinic to reset and take it.

Tripon

Not sure if I said this already, but the guys who made Bang the Machine said they are trying to get a wider release and to look for more info later in the year. Also a follow up doc.

Sounds like they want to do crowd funding.

Nightii

Banned
Pokken was hype, seeing freaking Braixen come out of nowhere and put in the work against mr top tier Suicune was awesome, the spacing and pressure Tono kept while constantly recharging Sunny Day, he just made it look easy lol.

Worlds keeps shaping great with so little gatekeeping so far.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I feel that Chris G should at least win one Marvel EVO before the world ends. But he seems to be mentally worse and worse every year. You'd think he would have worked on that by now. His pre - EVO stream made it look like he has it together but he doesn't.

Yeah Chris has the skill to win it but not the mental fortitude. And like Kadey pointed out, it looks like it gets worse and worse every year.

Line_HTX

Not sure if I said this already, but the guys who made Bang the Machine said they are trying to get a wider release and to look for more info later in the year. Also a follow up doc.

Sounds like they want to do crowd funding.

If it's as good as people say it is and they want to have some kind of crowd funding, then I would put some money in. I loved Estaban's work on the FGC documentary, and I'm pretty sure I'll love Bang the Machine as well.

NEO0MJ

I feel that Chris G should at least win one Marvel EVO before the world ends. But he seems to be mentally worse and worse every year. You'd think he would have worked on that by now. His pre - EVO stream made it look like he has it together but he doesn't.

Too bad these aren't the Oscars.

Poor Zero. From theoretical top tier to not even being in Top 8 at EVO.

Not the only one. It's always funny when theoretical top characters don't go far enough in a tournament.

Line_HTX

It's going to be an agonizing 4 hour wait after Xrd Revelator finishes. Hope it actually finishes before 3 PM just in case no Melee person starts bitching, and then on the TV side, hope that NBA Summer League finishes their shit early before the SFV Top 8 starts at 7 PM.

Marvel has a really healthy meta, oddly enough. 19 different characters in top 8:
Wolverine
Storm
Akuma
Dormammu
Shuma Gorath
Morrigan
Doom
Vergil
Deadpool
Dante
Hawkeye
Hulk
Haggar
Sentinel
MODOK
Magneto
Firebrand
Super Skrull
Rocket Raccoon

Credit Dahbomb for the list. 8 players means maximum variability is 24 characters. So 19 different characters means only 5 duplicates across 8 people in a 3-man team game. That's pretty damn impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom