• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Congrats to Infiltration, deserved win.

Man he had to get 4 perfects to win against Mika because if he got clapped once that was generally the game.

tokido vs infil wouldve been the goat matchup this year due to all their other face offs, but damn infiltration is just too good in this game. Great play and good shit

Really interested in hearing more about EVO Japan. I wonder what kind of event it's gonna be like and what games they're gonna run.

tokido vs infil wouldve been the goat matchup this year due to all their other face offs, but damn infiltration is just too good in this game. Great play and good shit

Gotta save the final showdown for CapCup with all the $$$ on the line

Edit: Also yeah, the ESPn broadcast was super good. Production values were on point and the viewing went extremely well after working out the initial audio issues.

Just wanted to say this over on this thread as well. I thought the ESPN broadcast went amazingly well and I hope the numbers were good enough that they decide to bring it back next year. I hope it was good enough that they decide to come knocking up Capcom's door again later this year for Capcom Cup. Obviously it won't be the whole thing but at least top 8 of that as well.

I have no idea what kind of numbers amounts to being good for a video game broadcast but I'm crrossing my fingers that the ratings were considered "good".

EDIT: Somehow I forgot that Football is on during that time. Which is kind of weird since I'm a huge Football fan. OK, so maybe not live. But maybe a recorded broadcast like WSOP? I can hope for that at least, right?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
XpaV36r.jpg

iQYr4In.png

GAT4iYO.png

UH9QUSp.jpg

Great to see Infiltration win. When a guy is that totally dominant, I get kind of disappointed when they don't win EVO. That was a proper coronation for how much he has owned SFV.

The ESPN broadcast. Wow. That was so much better than I thought it would be. Great job by all involved. They even let it go with some post-game wrap up after it had already run over time.

And.. I have to toot my own horn here:

I predict Infiltration to win over... Fuudo!

I think the numbers catch up to Tokido and he gets taken out before GF. He's played amazing this year but has to had to squeeze out some close matches and make some runs in losers to make these grand finals at times. Whereas Infiltration it seems never goes to losers and hardly breaks a sweat on his way to GF. Like at CEO he beats Momochi and GO1 totally free in semis. It's pretty much been like that throughout the tour. That's a guy ready to get through 5,000 players.

LordJim

Infiltration is now a 4 time evo champ.
2 more to tie with Daigo.
Justin's record of 8 is not likely to be topped, but you never know

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
EVO on an 80" on EPSN at 1080p 60fps. Doesn't get better than that. Don't think I could ever go back to watching a regular stream.

CO_Andy

EVO on an 80" on EPSN at 1080p 60fps. Doesn't get better than that. Don't think I could ever go back to watching a regular stream.
Two steps forward and one step backward: feels like they've neutered the event a bit just to appease our eSport overlords at ESPN.

No speech from Ono this year, no air shoryuken, and no award ceremony other than the top spot.

Two steps forward and one step backward: feels like they've neutered the event a bit just to appease our eSport overlords at ESPN.

No speech from Ono this year, no air shoryuken, and no award ceremony other than the top spot.

that happened before top 8 except the cannon award

Speech with Ono and Shoryouken happened on twitch stream before SFV starting. Ono even admitted the game didn't have a smooth launch but he said they are trying their best to give you the best experience possible. Something like that atleast. If I remember right,

Also you guys think what are the chances of Marvel now? Bill Walton himself was talking about marvel and chris G on ESPN sports center. Disney must see there is a huge demand for MvC4.

jbug617

Banned
ESPN broadcast was good. You can tell though things were moving too fast. Some things they wanted to discuss but did not have enough time because the round started.

CO_Andy

Speech with Ono and Shoryouken happened on twitch stream before SFV starting. Ono even admitted the game didn't have a smooth launch but he said they are trying their best to give you the best experience possible. Something like that atleast. If I remember right,
Aw. Can't believe i missed that.

Even got screwed when i thought the finals was going to be streamed on Capcom Fighters. Instead it was on srkevo1; i was watching a rebroadcast of yesterday's top 32 for like 20 mins :/

Dahbomb

Also you guys think what are the chances of Marvel now? Bill Walton himself was talking about marvel and chris G on ESPN sports center. Disney must see there is a huge demand for MvC4.
Ignoring the ESPN/EVO stuff, as soon as Marvel stated that they were interesting in more console Marvel game development and they acknowledged demand for MvC, MVC4 became a pretty real possibility. More so than when MVC3 was announced after a long hiatus, that was probably more unlikely at the time than MVC4 is now.

This new exposure probably helps a lot too but what doesn't help is Capcom's track record with their previous fighting games. I am not convinced that the current Capcom can deliver a quality Marvel 4.

As far as Marvel 3 for EVO 2017, that would be pretty tough. I think if they stopped at 2016 I wouldn't mind much, ChrisG got his EVO title. They will already have enough games in 2017 to try to fit. It all depends on how EVO is handled next year, I expect quite a few changes.

Village

Arr-kayd? What's that?

Giant video game monoliths you sacrificed your money to the video game gods, if you sacrificed enough money there was a small chance, in return it would allow you to become ok at a video game. And if in enough money was sacrificed by enough people, they would create more monoliths of a similar name and type for you to sacrifice your money to.

CO_Andy

I am not convinced that the current Capcom can deliver a quality Marvel 4.
I'm convinced Capcom can handle it if they're willing to give the game a decent development budget. The Marvel brand is undoubtedly a thousand fold more popular than Resident Evil, and since that's the case they're probably more inclined not to undercut the experience.

Also it would be Eighting and not Capcom that would handle most of the actual development.

Riposte

This should probably be its own thread (if it isn't already), but what are the pros and cons of SFV on console vs PC? What's overall the better platform for the game?

This should probably be its own thread (if it isn't already), but what are the pros and cons of SFV on console vs PC? What's overall the better platform for the game?
I had some frame issues on PC mode but according to most here it's not common. I say get for PC if you can run it. It looks better plus you can disable vsync which kind of eliminates the famous 8f lag and brings it to 3f if I am not mistaken. Also you get access to some sick mods. And you can always refund on steam if you don't like it or have technical issues.

Neoxon

There just might be a version of that costume or an option to keep it on. Outside of potential televised scenarios.
So you mean a version of the default that enables you to keep the suit on after the Critical Art (like in Story Mode)? Couldn't they just let you hold a button to keep the suit on?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.

I think the only reasons to get the PS4 version are if you don't have a PC that can run it or you're a hyper-competitive player who needs to adhere to the tournament standard 100%.

Or if you care about a single platform-exclusive color scheme, I guess.

Sayad

Ignoring the ESPN/EVO stuff, as soon as Marvel stated that they were interesting in more console Marvel game development and they acknowledged demand for MvC, MVC4 became a pretty real possibility. More so than when MVC3 was announced after a long hiatus, that was probably more unlikely at the time than MVC4 is now.
Yep, add to this Marvel recent TV show deal with Fox, which gives more hope for X-Men characters too.

Neoxon

Yep, add to this Marvel recent TV show deal with Fox, which gives more hope for X-Men characters too.
The TV thing was already established a year ago (if I recall, Marvel had to sign off on Fox using X-Men stuff on TV, but Marvel can't do live-action mutant stuff on TV......especially after they got sued over that Mutant X show years back). They just replaced the Hellfire show with something else (the original deal was for Legion & Hellfire). For reference, a Marvel MOBA game (Marvel End Time Arena) is in development for the PC, which apparently ended its alpha phase months back. And from the looks of it, they have no access to the Fox characters. That said, the game is otherwise digging deep with characters like Monkey King.

That aside, did anyone ever find out who was the shirtless guy that the police arrested after Mahvel ended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom