• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Damnit, this was before Melee started and I got home after the segment ended. I hope there a clip of the full segment.

Really couldn't think of a better person from the sports world to get in on the FGC than Bill Walton. All that's left is for him to do a set against Jamie Lee Curtis's Cammy, hahaha

EVO expanding to outer space when?

CnlIQ-jUIAAcLtI.jpg:large

Need James and Prog's stories with Bill please.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
wtf all the stuttering I was having yesterday on the stream was fixed when I switched it from source to high quality but the stuttering persists on source on the archives too?

NEO0MJ

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210433128]The problem is that the guy who designed the MVC3 combat engine works for SNK now.[/QUOTE]

Who's to say no one else can handle it?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Yukadon went from not being on the leaderboard at all to being 8th on the CPT leaderboard after Evo. Dem points.

Nuu

Banned
Two Americans made top 10 at Evo for Street Fighter V. Is this the best the West has ever performed at EVO?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Two Americans made top 10 at Evo for Street Fighter V. Is this the best the West has ever performed at EVO?
It might be one of the worst performances of the west since SF4 came out, actually.

But the tournament also had more international talent than ever.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210433128]Watching Li Joe fulfill his childhood dreams and seeing the reactions from people who saw SF for the first time on ESPN2 and finding out they like watching it has been putting me on the edge of tears.[/QUOTE]
Anybody know what the reception to SFV was like compared to HOTS? A lot of people had speculated that a fighting game would fare much better with the layperson than a MOBA due to a greater amount of intuitiveness.

Line_HTX

Can anyone pull this off well? Paging Cindi Mayweather?

Anybody know what the reception to SFV was like compared to HOTS? A lot of people had speculated that a fighting game would fare much better with the layperson than a MOBA due to a greater amount of intuitiveness.

I think a lot of people who were initially uninterested and not in tune with the scene found themselves immersed and couldn't turn away as opposed to the dead, flat pulse atmosphere and dullness of HOTS. Coupled that with good commentary I think that a fighting game would be much much better received than a MOBA.

shaowebb

Saw these gifs and it made me really REALLY want their to be more homing dash fighters.
4mF1FaL.gif
d7eWgqa.gif

Clarice is doing the Speedboost in those. If you tap homing dash twice + a direction you get a speed boost in that direction and its steerable after the second homing dash button is pressed. The 2nd gif is plinking a homing boost cancel with A from what the article states that teaches this movement.

My god is this some incredibly fast and amazing movement for scrambles.
At 10hr 54 min in this years AH3LM EVO you see almost of minute of crazed scrambles using this between two rounds culminating at 10rh55m into something nuts to close a round

Their needs to be a DBZ fighter made using this so fucking badly it huuuuuuuuurts.

EDIT: BTW apparently EXAMU is hiring animators for something new in 3d they are beginning development of. So hey if you can speak and read japanese and are an animator you may wanna throw your reel and resume to em if you wanna get some fighting game work experience for your career.

Several communities are talking about trying to set stuff up to make CEO their big event and lining up seasons now. I honestly hope it happens because as fun as it was, that was too many games competing at the same time.

If CEO became the Super Bowl event for several games, you don't think they would face some of the same logistical struggles?

Someone jacked my money & card from my wallet in my own room last night. Scumbag shit. Good thing I canceled that shit real quick, they didn't get shit.

broz0rs

Talk about striking gold. This new sports website decides to get into competitive gaming coverage. They also decided to make a documentary about someone in the FGC and the subject they chose was LI Joe.

FGC RAW: Long Island Joe Teaser Trailer

I'm going to assume the ending is going to be some real life Cinderella shit because of how well he did at EVO.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Talk about striking gold. This new sports website decides to get into competitive gaming coverage. They also decided to make a documentary about someone in the FGC and the subject they chose was LI Joe.

FGC RAW: Long Island Joe Teaser Trailer

I'm going to assume the ending is going to be some real life Cinderella shit because of how well he did at EVO.
The person making it is a GAF user, too:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=210276072#post210276072

CO_Andy

Fantastic EVO all-around. The general sentiment before the event was that it would be a total washout for America in SF5, but that clearly wasn't the case. JWong and PrRog taking out their demons, Art's clutch victory against Momochi, and then LI Joe's surprising performance. Lots of no-names keeping the scene on its toes.

Unrelated but it's nice to see Dieminion picking Guile back up. No doubt ChrisG was a factor in that.

Nuu

Banned
If CEO became the Super Bowl event for several games, you don't think they would face some of the same logistical struggles?

No, because it will be a smaller fraction of games.

EVO wouldn't have had its problems if it only hosted one or two huge games rather than five.

Someone jacked my money & card from my wallet in my own room last night. Scumbag shit. Good thing I canceled that shit real quick, they didn't get shit.

It's unfortunate but you always have to be on your toes with who you room with. I got lucky as fuck that I got honest roommates during my last tournament, as I dropped a $100 bill in the room and they returned it to me.

NEO0MJ

There were 5 Americans in the top 8 for SF4 in both 2009/2010. Justin Wong got 2nd in 2009 and Ricki Ortiz got 2nd in 2010.

The difference now though is that there's a much stronger eastern presence and even international as we saw with other games, much more than ever before.

Kalamari

『Inaba Resident』;210437241 said:
Demo for KoF 14 is up in certain regions. Game is dope.

I'm really stoked to try it out and to hear anything Prof. Juicebox has to say about it.

That sucks. Gotta be careful around those fgc thugs.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I repeat. I'm so happy for Chris G. Now if only that drunk Daigo won another EVO. Too busy being in awe with his first smartphone.

Tripon

I am sorry to hear that man. I always try to use the safe in the rooms even when I'm staying by myself just because of this situation.

Back home now.

I have to say I was disappointed with a bunch of things at Evo, but it was still one of the best events I've ever been to.

To those I hung out with all weekend: Vulva, Sloane, Sim, Beef and of course Master Milk. Thanks for the amazing conversations, great laughs and shared memories. Until next year!

Nuu

Banned

How about you actually try to read the thread to see the rest of my responses in the thread?

Actual touching of the "sensitive" body parts. The story I read was that the guy was reaching and she screamed for help and another guy broke things off before anything happened. That's last I read, and knowing how the internet handles these situations I wouldn't be surprised if it is an inaccurate rendition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom