• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |4| Cheers Love, the Anime's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zissou

Cnn5IzWW8AEo2nE.jpg:small

I know that feel Infiltration.

I am ready for one button man.

Nuu

Banned
I still don't get your point. What were you expecting when you originally heard of it?
The original story that I read on another forum was that the guy was about to do something but was stopped.I didn't state that I assume he wasn't planning on molesting or anything, just that things were interrupted before it got to that point. Unfortunately things didn't in reality.

Time to get back into SFV after watching it at Evo. Literally haven't played the game since like the second week it came out. Too many issues at the time and it took way too long to go from one match to another. Hopefully that's all sorted out by now.

Laws00

What country is the KOF demo release on? cause i cant find it on JP store maybe because its confusing or the Hong Kong store?

finally made it home

can't open the psn store and get dizzy, feels bad ._.

e: restarted and store works, dizzy is here, feels good

Back home now.

I have to say I was disappointed with a bunch of things at Evo, but it was still one of the best events I've ever been to.

To those I hung out with all weekend: Vulva, Sloane, Sim, Beef and of course Master Milk. Thanks for the amazing conversations, great laughs and shared memories. Until next year!

Yea man, hopefully you can make it out next year. I need a cheering section for when I make Top 8

Since Ono and Harada announced EVO Japan together do you think Capcom and Namco is collaborating with the EVO staff for EVO Japan? Aside from that I can't wait for EVO Japan. I'm predicting that it will take place in January though and actually not be apart of the CPT. But as a big event during the short CPT off season.

Since Ono and Harada announced EVO Japan together do you think Capcom and Namco is collaborating with the EVO staff for EVO Japan? Aside from that I can't wait for EVO Japan. I'm predicting that it will take place in January though and actually not be apart of the CPT. But as a big event during the short CPT off season.

I hope Namco is collaborating. Gundam EXVS on the mainstage pls.

Tripon

There's an EVO tier for CPT. Just having one event for the year at that level left some weird decisions such as 7th place only getting 32 CPT points despite getting there by being better than 5,000 other people.

But if there's two EVO level tournaments now, the point distribution makes more sense. So I expect Japan EVO is actually the Capcom Pro Tour Asia Finals this year which hasn't been announced yet.

Also, I just checked CPT, and Fuudo is still unmarked as an automatic qualifier, so there's another open global spot. The rush for points at the end (Oct, Nov) is going to be insane.

Back home now.

I have to say I was disappointed with a bunch of things at Evo, but it was still one of the best events I've ever been to.

To those I hung out with all weekend: Vulva, Sloane, Sim, Beef and of course Master Milk. Thanks for the amazing conversations, great laughs and shared memories. Until next year!
I was still feeling that buffet a full 24 hours later, I'll have you know.

Kalamari

So, were there no special sticks given out as awards for the top EVO finishers? Shame that there weren't any this year, I always thought those sticks were the coolest, as cool or cooler than the trophy itself.

I guess the FGC needs a Markman-like person inside Hori or Razer to make these things happen.

There's an EVO tier for CPT. Just having one event for the year at that level left some weird decisions such as 7th place only getting 32 CPT points despite getting there by being better than 5,000 other people.

Yeah I agree with that. I don't think Yukadon should be ranked under Justin...especially Julio after all of that.

CurlyW

Talk about striking gold. This new sports website decides to get into competitive gaming coverage. They also decided to make a documentary about someone in the FGC and the subject they chose was LI Joe.

FGC RAW: Long Island Joe Teaser Trailer

I'm going to assume the ending is going to be some real life Cinderella shit because of how well he did at EVO.

Based on the logo and name, I'm assuming FloKO is FloSports' first foray into competitive gaming. Their biggest sites are FloWrestling (for college & freestyle wrestling) and FloTrack. From my experience with them, their business model (at least for FloWrestling) is to get the rights to 90% of the content, and lock it all behind a paywall. We'll see how long they stick with the FGC, because that same model ain't gonna fly.

CO_Andy

Hyuga just got sentenced with a 1 year ban from all Smash tournaments. Personally i think that's too light for an attempted rape.

If the ratings are good, we should get CPT Finals on ESPN2 right?
I hope Joe makes it to the Finals.

Even if we get Capcom Cup on ESPN again, it won't be live. I'm assuming you're American, but if you aren't then let me inform you that we have this thing called Football that's hugely popular and dominates the weekends from Fall till Winter time. And Capcom Cup is in December during Football season so their is no chance in hell it makes it on ESPN or ESPN2 live. Maybe ESPN3, ESPNU, or maybe a prerecorded broadcast show on a weekday.

I'm a huge Football fan myself and I'd still love to see Capcom Cup top 8(which is all I think we'd get) live on ESPN again but I doubt it happens.

But if there's two EVO level tournaments now, the point distribution makes more sense. So I expect Japan EVO is actually the Capcom Pro Tour Asia Finals this year which hasn't been announced yet.

Also, I just checked CPT, and Fuudo is still unmarked as an automatic qualifier, so there's another open global spot. The rush for points at the end (Oct, Nov) is going to be insane.

Are you saying they'll use EVO Japan as a last chance qualifier for CPT Asia Finals? That really takes away the prestige of winning a event like what EVO Japan is suppose to be. My only other guess is that EVO Japan is used to kick off CPT 2017 in March. It can't be too close to either the original EVO or Capcom Cup so I think that would be a good time.

I can't wait to see what kind of numbers we'll see at EVO Japan. Obviously I'm not expecting it to surpass the OG EVO. But all those times they had 500 or 800 man team tournaments in small venues for SF4 or Tekken I always wondered how big they could get if they had a real Major(with no player cap) with multiple games like we do in the US.

Got back from Evo today. Gonna be a rather long post but it's not like I say much otherwise. Shoutouts to Master Milk and his friend, Strike Villain and his SO, SolarKnight, Vulva and his SO, SloaneRisette and Dadwicks. It's nice seeing you guys in person. If I forgot someone, please forgive me for being a jackass. You guys are pretty chill.

I really liked it. Even though there was an issue with seating and some places being cramp, like around KOF stations mixing in with the huge ass Gaming Generations line for the booth, I feel it can be improved upon for next time. There was another convention going concurrently, so I heard the chair issue basically arose from having two rather large things going on at the same time. I do hope next time the location would be close to the strip or more restaurants, since last year at Bally's it was pretty easy to walk to a restaurant. Going a whole day and the only food to eat within 10 minutes being hotdogs or overpriced Ben and Jerry's was a struggle.

Finals day was great, I was in the front row next to that crazy Fang and some Senran Kagura cosplayer (white hair and eye patch, I don't play he games so I don't know names). I also took a picture with Spooky who was setting a few seats to the left. I found it easy to go in and out the arena in between breaks (though the bathroom has a line with so many people) but it was really nice they had screens on the outside so you can still watch the action if you were in line for food or something. All top 8s were hype (though I missed MKX due to staying up late watching SF5 and eating a real late/early morning dinner), SF5 really was something else in person and the only lull in excitement would have been MOV vs. GO1. Reading around, some people seem like downers on top 8 even though many of the matches went quite the distance.

I technically didn't go 0-2 in any of the 4 games I played which is nice. I also lost the first match of every game I played which is hilarious when I think about it but every game except GG I made up for it by at least winning some matches. Though Guilty Gear I had a bye which made me happy because I didn't practice the game at all and I didn't beat anyone lol. But I just signed up for that game pretty much for shits and giggles, so I'll accept whatever cheesey excuse for a W in that game.

Went 4-2 in Tekken 7 surprisingly and lost right before losers finals. I got the runback against the guy I lost in my first match and beat him which was great. I picked Claudio and basically was learning moves as I went along. I had \very weak ass combos and basically just kept poking people with normals like b+4,2 f+3 bf+3 and etc. One hilarious moment was when I was playing casuals, there seem to be some salty people or something and two dudes were just yelling each other and one guy flipped the other guy's cap. Game's not even out yet and people seem already have some beef over something lol. I really wished I has more time with the game, wanted to explore more of Josie's moveset.

I got to play some KOF14. Game is fun. I tried to only play new characters. I like how easy it is to use the new max mode, even if you don't use it as a combo extender, you can use it for some ex moves to control a neutral situation. I liked how Love has Kuwabara's spirit sword, she has some nice pokes. Mian is interesting because he has air mobilty and different angles to dive kick. Shunei I can tell is going to mess up some people, he has a lot of solid tools, airdashing, and his specials have decent range even in the air. Alice I wasn't feeling even though I think she is solid from the looks of it, she basically has Andy's Zan'ei ken but can do followups after it like continuing a combo or flipping back, though if you don't do anything off a blocked one, she has a long recovery animation which makes me think down the line people are going to learn how to blow the move up if they try an option to attempt to make it safe. Didn't get to try Kukri because the other guy didn't get to my anchor. I tried Bandeiras but didn't know what to do with him because I didn't have a move list on hand. I just can't wait to try the full game and dive into it.

Some random thought but I really liked watching Gargos in KI. He seemed like a more tame Jack-O but suitable enough for KI. He was more interesting to watch for me than Arbiter, especially since that guy's grenades visually look pretty weak when they explode.

Overall I was happy that I went to Evo, though it's not the only thing I did in Vegas. Since Evo Japan was announced I was thinking of maybe taking the trip. One of my favorite things of going to Evo is seeing a bit more of Vegas and doing things like eating at restaurants and seeing shows. If Evo Japan sounds all set, I would like to take the trip to sight see and experience the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom