• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Skilletor

I am now Gouken.

I am practicing Dizzy for an hour every night - you better have...an ANSWER!

I've been playing every night. He's so much fun. I'm happy just thinking about playing more business ninja. Already one of my favorite characters in a fighter ever.

BadWolf

If the model wasn't an old man, Gouken wouldn't even come to your mind because the gameplay is so dissimlar.

He is an old man and he does borrow the moves. So what? What's the big deal?

Doesn't mean that they can't take the character in a different direction in terms of play style, which they have.

I've been playing every night. He's so much fun. I'm happy just thinking about playing more business ninja. Already one of my favorite characters in a fighter ever.
Excellent! I haven't gotten to the point where I am playing matches yet...I am working through a 2-hour tutorial about the character, and I've watched and practiced about 40 different tech videos. My next goal is to practice her keepaway setups.

Then I'll play my first match.

I wish there were more organized resources for fighting games. There are probably a hundred Dizzy combo videos out there, but all I want is a universal optimized combo for each situation I will encounter. I don't care what it is, I just want to know what it is, and I don't have time to figure it out. Especially since Dizzy's combos are so customizable.

He is an old man and he does borrow the moves. So what? What's the big deal?

Doesn't mean that they can't take the character in a different direction in terms of play style, which they have.
The moves are nothing alike aside from being a projectile and involving feet. -_-

BadWolf

The moves are nothing alike aside from being a projectile and involving feet. -_-

Then your definition of "nothing alike" must be very different from mine.

Guess Karate's DP is nothing like a shoto DP because he can break it, drive cancel it, use it for mix ups/resets/jump cancel set ups and more. It's a totally unique move.

Skilletor

Excellent! I haven't gotten to the point where I am playing matches yet...I am working through a 2-hour tutorial about the character, and I've watched and practiced about 40 different tech videos. My next goal is to practice her keepaway setups.

Then I'll play my first match.

I wish there were more organized resources for fighting games. There are probably a hundred Dizzy combo videos out there, but all I want is a universal optimized combo for each situation I will encounter. I don't care what it is, I just want to know what it is, and I don't have time to figure it out. Especially since Dizzy's combos are so customizable.

Oh, yeah, haven't been playing matches much. Just getting used to movement/combos/setups. Watching a lot of Kazunoko and random Answer players.

#hype

Then your definition of "nothing alike" must be very different from mine.

Guess Karate's DP is nothing like a shoto DP because he can break it, drive cancel it, use it for mix ups/resets/jump cancel set ups and more. It's a totally unique move.
Yes, if two moves are invincible, but one can do 20 more things than the other, than they are not alike. In fact, if you take any two things in this world, and they have one thing in common but many other things not in common, I think most people would not conclude that those two things are alike.

Oh, yeah, haven't been playing matches much. Just getting used to movement/combos/setups. Watching a lot of Kazunoko and random Answer players.

#hype
Is Kaz dropping Raven?

BadWolf

Via Reddit:

This Venom.

Yes, if two moves are invincible, but one can do 20 more things than the other, than they are not alike. In fact, if you take any two things in this world, and they have one thing in common but many other things not in common, I think most people would not conclude that those two things are alike.

If you think that Karate's DP is a totally unique move and is nothing like a shoto DP then there isn't much else I can say but I can guarantee you that when most people see the move in action they will think Ryu's DP first and foremost instead of seeking out the 20 other things it can do.

Line_HTX

C_j8eF_UAAA85iX.jpg

Fucking dying here.

Sayad

A friend has a lot of Dizzy bit sized tutorials videos on his youtube channel, might find some helpful stuff there(even if it sound like the exact opposite of what you're looking for ;p):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmgahukmP04

If you think that Karate's DP is a totally unique move and is nothing like a shoto DP then there isn't much else I can say but I can guarantee you that when most people see the move in action they will think Ryu's DP first and foremost instead of seeking out the 20 other things it can do.
Even past the character looks and similar moves, there's the thing about him being a links character in a GG game. ASW really aren't shy about where the inspiration for Kum came from.

BadWolf

Even past the character looks and similar moves, there's the thing about him being a links character in a GG game. ASW really aren't shy about where the inspiration for Kum came from.

Ah, so that's why I couldn't do the dial a combo stuff easily with him like I was able to with Baiken.

I thought release date was next week?

Hope WB Cops don't get Art.

Didn't he work with them before as a tester or something? Doubt he's dumb enough to do something to get on their bad side.

Woe is me.

Having to dodge these damn Injustice story spoilers on youtube and gaf since the character roster thread is apparently unmarked spoilers thread too. I know story aint a big deal in most fighters but I want to keep it fresh when I can get it next week.

No early release for NA games in my country :(

Woe is me.

Having to dodge these damn Injustice story spoilers on youtube and gaf since the character roster thread is apparently unmarked spoilers thread too. I know story aint a big deal in most fighters but I want to keep it fresh when I can get it next week.

No early release for NA games in my country :(
There's no unmarked spoilers in the roster thread, I've been active there and have yet to run into an unmarked spoiler.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
People take spoilers seriously on here. I remember in one of the threads someone got mad because someone else said Adam wasn't in Guardians 2.

Sayad

Speaking of ED inputs, I know I always underestimate how hard it is for none fighting games players to do circular FG inputs, but damn! Coming from Persona 5 threads, for many, apparently this was the hardest challenge in the game, a mini game where you have to dial in some fighting games inputs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7yPW6zFIyk

Top Bottom