• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Who else but Yuki Onna Yumi and Juri?
Tekken7Kazuma.jpg

Lisa
especially since Christie is MIA
OK, this is not a bad option either.

BadWolf

Apparently KOF14's models were released for use in 3D software? Anyway, someone took them (the actual models from the game) and applied their own lighting to them:

Kula
Alice

ShinMaruku

Christ, I'd be so upset if any of the awful as fuck DoA characters got added instead of someone interesting.
Have actually played a DOA to see how the characters are and how they are designed? Or is this just from a glance?

VF6 will be outsourced to Team Ninja and will include DOA guest characters

Or have a versus game. VF vs. DoA.

"Nippon ichi~!"
You two are closer than you want to be. Very likely that VF characters will return as guests, with maybe Mai, she fit extremely well into the game.

Sega makes plenty of change from using the VF IP in cross promotional things.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
i dont think you can put Ryo in a game without his iconic forklift and expect people to recognize him. better for him to stay in kart racing games where he makes sense.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Punk is hilarious. But this is a good way to get people motivated to beat you and overall get the competition stronger.

.la1n

Punk is hilarious. But this is a good way to get people motivated to beat you and overall get the competition stronger.

Agreed. I think people are going a little hate overboard with him. Seems like a genuine enough guy, just likes stirring the pot. Never struck me as real asshole like Filipinochamp.

BadWolf

Tried out the Rev2 demo, Baiken is pretty cool. Nice design and well animated (dat forward walk animation), felt like I was playing a SamSho character. Found some neat combos while messing around in training. The super floaty jumps in GG feel so weird.

Also tried that new old man character, this is GG's version of Gouken from SF4 I guess.

pizzacat

Banned
Tried out the Rev2 demo, Baiken is pretty cool. Nice design and well animated (dat forward walk animation), felt like I was playing a SamSho character. Found some neat combos while messing around in training. The super floaty jumps in GG feel so weird.

Also tried that new old man character, this is GG's version of Gouken from SF4 I guess.
She's dva

Beckx

That old man is a robot with a girl piloting it.

it's hilarious watching the story and thinking about that, since they play it straight and don't reveal it (at least Rev's story).

Baiken is fun, simpler than prior versions but man she melts if she makes a mistake.

Line_HTX

Yeah, I know. I was never a fan of the old man move list, reminded me of too many old man characters with dumb high damage shenanigans.

They both do moves while having a beard.
I am now Gouken.

I am practicing Dizzy for an hour every night - you better have...an ANSWER!

A fireball/super that can be charged.

A tatsu looking thing (that takes the opponent to the air, like Gouken's EX tatsu).

An air dive kick move.

I get it's a projectile and two moves with feet, but Kum doesn't play anything like Gouken in Guilty Gear. Just watch this match:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrmF7UGVWVg&spfreload=10

Does that look like anything remotely resembling Gouken play to you?

BadWolf

That fireball is 100% controllable back and forth for pins, frame traps, and oki mixups. It's nothing like Gouken's aside from being a projectile.

The "tatsu" is frame positive and an approach move - it has more in common with a Balrog punch than a tatsu. It just uses his feet.

The dive kick is a cross-up and fully controllable as an aerial approach.

I get it's a projectile and two moves with feet, but Kum doesn't play anything like Gouken in Guilty Gear. Just watch this match:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrmF7UGVWVg&spfreload=10

Does that look like anything remotely resembling Gouken play to you?

I said it was their version of Gouken, not their copy of Gouken.

Top Bottom