• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

USF2 outselling Rev2 in Japan

It's not like Switch owners are spoilt for choice at the moment.

Line_HTX

Getting outsold because you're a company that refuses to go beyond and do more for the tournament scene, leading to a top player like Machabo expressing frustration.

What a choke job, ASW.

CO_Andy

Getting outsold because you're a company that refuses to go beyond and do more for the tournament scene, leading to a top player like Machabo expressing frustration.

What a choke job, ASW.
Meanwhile Cacpcom is overspending on eSports and hands their fighting devs a shoestring budget to work with. Just look at how copy & paste MVCi is... yeesh.

They're squeaking by on mostly nostalgia. ArcSys doesn't have that luxury as a small-time fish.

including both ST and USF2 is strange, but if they really must have their arcade sticks

03./00. [NSW] Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers <FTG> (Capcom) {2017.05.26} (¥4.990) - 16.404 / NEW
05./00. [PS4] Guilty Gear Xrd: Rev 2 <FTG> (Arc System Works) {2017.05.25} (¥4.800) - 10.609 / NEW

Here one is an over priced port of an old ass game and the other is a physical release of a digital upgrade that costs at least 2x as much as the upgrade it self if you had the previous version of the game.

notworksafe

also isn't it safe to assume most people getting rev2 are getting it as a DLC option for Rev rather than buying the separate physical or digital rev2 sku?

in japan it's probably safe to assume most people are playing in arcade and have been since march :p

Busaiku

Guilty Gear had slightly better sellthrough as well.
60 - 80% vs 40 - 60%.

Neither are good for these types of games, but expect Ultra Street Fighter II to be the price it should've released for sooner.

Kumubou

What happened?
If this is in reference to what I think it is, he was going off on Twitter a couple of days ago frustrated at ArcSys's lack of support for the competitive scene, effectively making it impossible for even the best players to get sponsorships for playing Xrd due to a lack of support. He feels like he would have to switch over to playing SF5 if he wanted any shot at getting sponsored (much like GO1 and Dogura did).

I actually think this is a bit of an interesting problem with a lot of moving parts... but I don't really see any easy solutions, either. I also think ArcSys kind of fucked themselves over with how they made Xrd.

Can anyone show me the inputs on canceling a normal to super in KOF 13, like canceling Terry's normal to Power Geyser or Shen's normal to his super which is qcf x2 + lp or hp? Is it similar to super turbo?

Can anyone show me the inputs on canceling a normal to super in KOF 13, like canceling Terry's normal to Power Geyser or Shen's normal to his super which is qcf x2 + lp or hp? Is it similar to super turbo?

There isn't a trick to it, assuming the normals you're trying to use are actually super cancellable you do those the same way you'd do something like cr.C into fireball.

It's like doing EX Iori's command grab > far C > super, there is no other requirement than completing the motion quickly enough.

ShinMaruku

I would like E-league to next pick up either Tekker or Gear to have along side sf5. That way we have a nice spread of games.

rip Tekken

04./00. [PS4] Street Fighter V # <FTG> (Capcom) {2016.02.18} (¥7.990) - 41.990 / NEW

06./00. [PS3] Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign <FTG> (Arc System Works) {2014.12.04} (¥7.538) - 27.278 / NEW
16./00. [PS4] Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign # <FTG> (Arc System Works) {2014.12.04} (¥7.538) - 12.638 / NEW

06./00. [PS3] Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax <FTG> (Sega) {2014.11.13} (¥7.538) - 34.671 / NEW
09./00. [PSV] Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax <FTG> (Sega) {2014.11.13} (¥6.663) - 25.607 / NEW

It sold ok for a fighting game. Also 8000&#20870; is about normal for a lot of Japanese games. You can see that SFV was almost the same price at launch.

Beckx

Dissidia announced? Did anyone light the Beef signal?

japanese media prices are absurd. anime on blu ray and even music on cd are expensive too.

does anyone ever pay retail list though? like amazon.jp price for Tekken 7 is 6900 yen. (of course that's still pricer than US pricing w/ BB GCU or Amazon prime discount)

blu ray though $30 for a disc with one 30 min episode, damn

Top Bottom