• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Tizoc

Ucchedavāda;239146638 said:
No, the animation looks terrible at full speed, too.
That is why people reacted negatively in the first place, and why people are even bothering slowing it down to see just how whack it is.

Sometimes some of the best animations are whack.
Cammy's new air throw animation doesn't bother me tbh, but that's prob. cuz it reminds me of Heidern's neck roller which I liked, so I'm prob. biased that way :X

NEO0MJ

Visuals in a fighting game are very important.

This isn't sarcasm, they are important. Aesthetic is important to people.

Especially after all that talk about how much superior SF V's animation is in comparison to other games. I mean, it doesn't take away from all the good looking moves in the game but it just ends up standing out more.

Skab

V-Trigger? What's that?

DBcuNtDUwAAOJII.jpg

I'll raise you

https://twitter.com/SeaDragonnn/status/871353674718625793

Pompadour

Especially after all that talk about how much superior SF V's animation is in comparison to other games. I mean, it doesn't take away from all the good looking moves in the game but it just ends up standing out more.

This is true. Over time Street Fighter V's strengths (balance, gameplay) were kind of a bulwark against all the criticisms of SFV's failings (lack of singleplayer content, online issues) but even those have slowly been eroded. I'd say the animation is probably the most stellar aspect of SFV and easily the most defensible so its a shame that a weird animation like Cammy's air throw sneaks in the game.

Plus when the animation is top notch otherwise that shit stands out. It took a video released like a month ago about NRS's shit animation for people to realize how bad some of the individual attacks looked. I felt if SFV had a character doing Kitana's crouching kick attack people would have noticed it way sooner.

Tripon

Alex Jebailey‏Verified account
@CEOJebailey

47 States and 29 Countries are being represented at #CEO2017! Thanks to everyone that signed up. I promise to put on my best event yet.

Alex Jebailey‏Verified account
@CEOJebailey

Numbers are less competitor wise than last year, but you don't always need to break records to have a successful event imo.

Alex Jebailey‏Verified account @CEOJebailey 44m44 minutes ago

Replying to @CEOJebailey
I'm also very well aware on mistakes made with last year's event that will be fixed for this year. I'm always listening and improving.

Alex Jebailey‏Verified account @CEOJebailey 44m44 minutes ago
More
For Smash numbers being down, there's tons of other great summer events now so people have to pick and choose. SFV had a huge boom last year

Alex Jebailey‏Verified account @CEOJebailey 42m42 minutes ago

and now things are balanced out. Injustice 2 has a crazy good number with 391. Tekken 7 is off to a strong start.

Alex Jebailey‏Verified account @CEOJebailey 41m41 minutes ago

But at least with numbers being down and one more year in this current venue, attendees will have more space & game time to enjoy themselves

Alex Jebailey‏Verified account @CEOJebailey 39m39 minutes ago

I'm going hard to ensure #CEO2017 is run smoother than ever, people have more fun than ever. Still have some entertaining surprises in store

https://twitter.com/CEOJebailey/status/871592650167783426

Reg numbers for CEO:

https://smash.gg/tournament/ceo-2017/events

Smash 4 605
SFV 537
Injustice 2 392
Melee 290
Tekken 7 238
Rev 2 146
UMvC3 136
Pokken 123
KI 75
BB:CF 73
KOFXIV 60

Village

V-Trigger? What's that?

DBcuNtDUwAAOJII.jpg

You aren't paying attention to the important part o fthis picture.

The gun is also in rage mode. Does akuma's power transfer to weapons.

Can he have a Shin Magnum, and how much damage does shin magnum do.

Like can It kill an RE boss in one hit?

CO_Andy

r/kappa said:
CEO numbers down by a lot

SFV: -41.7%
Smash Wii U: -39.82%
Melee: -62.54%
Killer Instinct: -40.87%
Marvel: -25.90%
Guilty Gear: -21.02%
Pokken: -52.21%
Tekken: -22.66%
Melee community gonna get flushed down in due time

kirblar

More like Jebailey will have to rethink his tournament schedule approach for next year.
CEO + CEOtaku will be fine for 2018. The anime community is much smaller and doesn't have the overwhelming amount of events that the Smash community does, so something like CEOtaku can still draw a good crowd because it hits an underserved niche.

Tripon

More like Jebailey will have to rethink his tournament schedule approach for next year.

CEO + CEOtaku will be fine for 2018. The anime community is much smaller and doesn't have the overwhelming amount of events that the Smash community does, so something like CEOtaku can still draw a good crowd because it hits an underserved niche.
CEO is moving to that 9,000 seat arena in 2018, in Daytona.

AAK

I think what's more obnoxious is if you're in a 2 person lobby, the time it takes to finish one match and rematch with the same characters is absurd. Even SFV lets your instant rematch while T7 forces you back into the lobby screen, then you have to go through the loading of the character select screen, then the loading for the loading screen of the match, which then loads the match. You have to repeat this process for every match and it blows.

SFV streamlining this by using the VF5FS system of letting you choose your character in the lobby bypassing so much of the loading is a godsend.

Haven't heard anything from Namco about this or the lack of replays so we're just going to have to hold that.

Dahbomb

https://youtu.be/DKckYoTmsio
Marvel 3 arcade edition trailer. Modders have made some interesting changes

There are two modded Marvel 3 versions out there.

That and this one by EMC which is more comprehensive and uses some of the changes from Squaidatab:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz_1SNnvfUs

Patch notes:

https://pastebin.com/EEt68NkU

Both of the mods are super buffy heavy, very little nerfs on the top 3.

Dude could've put the trailer out on other stages instead of Bonne Wonderland...

My favorite fighters have always been the ones considered unbalanced. Where is the fun in perfect balance?

you only ruin the fun by trying to achieve better balance if your way of doing it is basically "remove all the things" tho

unbalanced games aren't fun just by virtue of being unbalanced, they're fun when even if you play wack characters they mostly still let you do shit

Seyavesh

Dude could've put the trailer out on other stages instead of Bonne Wonderland...

NEVER

but nah you right
i asked for editing advice from a friend and the first thing i got was "use more than one stage" but i didn't wanna re-record all the footage haha

Top Bottom