• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

A roster for a 3v3 Dragon Ball Z fighter could be...interesting. I hope we see more than just characters from Z. DB Super has introduced a lot of interesting characters, that could be cool in a fighting game.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
2017-06-0914_47_34-jpwqu8p.png

The one character in this screen that's dead is Vegeta. All is good.

Pompadour

Man, ASW just needs to make a Shonen Jump game. I want to bring back my Jump All-Stars team of Kenshiro & Jotaro but for a game that's actually good.

shaowebb

Extreme Butoden. Very shallow but not bad for wasting time.
Yeah, it was a pretty fun game. Overly simplified but still tons of room to screw around and have intense fights and good combos. Lots to unlock too. Not certain there was a single side character not in that game as an assist somehow. Even old Roshi aliases showed up.
So wait does the DBZ game have assists?

They haven't specified much of the gameplay at all. Just announced it. If someone can give us a better translation than google we might get some more clear details but so far we at least know its 3v3 and 2.5d by ASW. Thats a helluva start. We'll have to wait to know gameplay specifics.

Beckx

Waypoint unfair to Sony! MS kills innocent scorpions! ASW ruined DBZ!

E3 meltdowns already happening and it's still friday

JW plays a lot of DBZ on his streams so he's going to eat this right up. Is Super even worth watching?

As somebody who gave up on DBZ after the Cell arc, I'd say it's very much worth watching.

Start at the "Universe 6 vs Universe 7" arc, which starts around Episode 28. Skip any filler.

FACE

Banned
I love how people think new fighting games only target Capcom games lol.

As if GG, BB, KI, KOF, and other non Capcom games with way smaller playerbases aren't the ones most at risk when a new game enters the scene.

Of course you show up as soon as someone says something negative about capcom.

Sayad

I love how people think new fighting games only target Capcom games lol.

As if GG, BB, KI, KOF, and other non Capcom games with way smaller playerbases aren't the ones most at risk when a new game enters the scene.

Smaller fighting games, like BB and GG survived this long on arcades and their core audience basically, ASW isn't afraid their new GG game would be overshadowed by Marvel/Tekken/Injustice/etc... Because even while releasing in fighting games drought season, only the core audience knew about and bought the game and that core audience wouldn't shrink or grow much regardless of the competition.

Compare that to Capcom games, which have to sell much more than those smaller fighting games to not meet Megaman's fate, then your core FG audience isn't big enough and you have to reach for the casuals who have to pick between Tekken/I2/DBS/ARMS or what ever out there that resemble a fighting game. So yea, any notable FG announcement is more concerning for Capcom than smaller companies who are already coasting on their core audience alone.

Edit: there's also the part of Capcom having a huge list of other IPs they can fall back to or try if a fighting game fails, where as for ASW and SNK their fighting games are their leading IPs so they're less likely to completely abandon them after a disappointing iteration.

Hopefully they make it a great and hard as fuck game and still manage to be wildly successful on account of it being Dragon Ball so that the whole accessibility/"we're making this one approachable for newcomers and slower" thing just dies forever.

I want Arcsys to just clone Marvel 2/3's mechanics and put their own little spin on it. Put assists in there and give everyone hella broken shit. Maybe they'll do something way different though, we'll see.

Top Bottom