• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Lulubop

Aris is Max CPM. Getting more viewers than Mango and Infiltration combined. Second only to Max but with 2000% less effort.

These pros miss there chances. They get big viewers early but then they just stop streaming for whatever reason. Good shit to Aris tho, wonder if he'll retain the viewers once Tekken dies down/he moves away from Tekken.

BadWolf

Tried out T7 at a buddy's place, fun stuff.

Jumping straight into it after KoF kind of made the controls feel sluggish, especially when doing back dashes. Input system seems more just dialing everything in instead of waiting for something to connect and then hitting the next button.

Lei would have of course been the obvious choice for me but Namco sucks so yeah. Next would have been Jin (since I played him in T3 a lot) but now he seems to overlap a ton with Jean from VF5 in terms of moves so I think I'll pass (rather not confuse what little I know of Jean). Tried Steve but meh, seems like too much work. Ended up spending a while playing Josie and liked her quite a bit, think she's the first one I'll try to learn.

Tripon

This is the 30th year of Street Fighter. Are you enjoying Capcom trying to celebrate this anniversary the best way they know how?

MrCarter

This is the 30th year of Street Fighter. Are you enjoying Capcom trying to celebrate this anniversary the best way they know how?

What the crappy USF2 port? Nope. I'm expecting more this month at E3 or San Diego and throughout the year though but won't get my hopes up too high.

Beckx

tbh i think videogame anniversaries are kinda silly

especially since it's gotten to the point of "today is the 27th anniversary of..."

Beckx

Such a bummer that she isn't in T7, loved her Tag 2 design.

you gotta give it to Namco though, once they decide a character is dead they are gone

like i assume we will never see
Heihachi
in a mainline game again since
he died and his body was incinerated in lava

sadly they usually add a lamer replacement, like Maxi for Li-Long

NEO0MJ

Yeah. It would be crazy if Kazuya came back after the ending​ of 2.

You mean like.. Kazuya with a little bit of Jun ?

Kazuya is already in the game, don't really see the point

Well, there were some slight differences, especially now with how he has some fancy devil attacks.

Tizoc

What the crappy USF2 port? Nope. I'm expecting more this month at E3 or San Diego and throughout the year though but won't get my hopes up too high.

HYPER STREET FIGHTER II FOR PS4, X1 AND STEAM
STREET FIGHTER III COLLECTION FT. NG, 2I, 3S AND WARZARD FOR PS4, X1 AND STEAM

BEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE!

BadWolf

you gotta give it to Namco though, once they decide a character is dead they are gone

like i assume we will never see
Heihachi
in a mainline game again since
he died and his body was incinerated in lava

sadly they usually add a lamer replacement, like Maxi for Li-Long

Li Long was my fave in Soul Edge :(

shaowebb

YO WTF!!?!

ASW is making a 3vs3 2.5d fighting game for Dragon Ball !

db4sad9umaa4pb9vrqdo.jpg

Oh yes this shit is good. Please say it'll have something crazy like Arcana Heart Homing Dash cancels and super jump heights to make the aesthetic perfect.

EDIT: Dragon Ball Fighters. Oh yeah...I can see the FGC goin full anime with this one. DBZ is one of those things where no matter how anti anime the fgc is they always talk about it and reference it. Hell Max is playing the fan game a lot even. I can see this thing having some serious legs with streamers and tournament numbers.

Wallach

YO WTF!!?!

ASW is making a 3vs 3 2.5d fighting game for Dragon Ball !

db4sad9umaa4pb9vrqdo.jpg

Oh yes this shit is good. Please say it'll have something crazy like Arcana Heart Homing Dash cancels and super jump heights to make the aesthetic perfect.

EDIT: Dragon Ball Fighters. Oh yeah...I can see the FGC goin full anime with this one. DBZ is one of those things where no matter how anti anime the fgc is they always talk about it and reference it. Hell Max is playing the fan game a lot even. I can see this thing having some serious legs with streamers and tournament numbers.

oh wait this is an actual thing? and 3v3?

marvel better watch that ass

BadWolf

YO WTF!!?!

db4sad9umaa4pb9vrqdo.jpg

Oh man it would be hilarious if this overshadows MVCI.

Visually it already looks way better.

Pompadour

YO WTF!!?!

db4sad9umaa4pb9vrqdo.jpg

Oh shit.

Hope they get Jojo next.

shaowebb

oh wait this is an actual thing? and 3v3?

marvel better watch that ass

Its real alright. Theres a press release in japan.

https://agd.s-ul.eu/fVlS5ih3

Theres the google translate from The Neogaf thread on Dragonball Fighters

And here I was wondering what license they'd hit next after Persona 4 Arena. Plus its a 3v3! Folks had been wanting ASW to do a tag fighter for awhile. So glad its this one. Cannot wait to hear if its got assists and what sorta systems it'll have. Roster is secondary to me. They're all cast I like. Lots of fond memories there. Hell I'd play a team of Oolong/Krillin/Mr Satan if it was there and go team bottom tier lol. Seriously looking forward to this thing. Seriously hoping its got like AH3 size super jumps and stages and homing dashes though. I could sooo load the sky with orbs and shit like on the cartoon and do aerial fights that felt show accurate then. I already do it with waifus but this is fuggin dbz man! Lemme have sum dat!

Dahbomb

That DBZ game is a megaton. Especially considering how many in the FGC are DBZ fan.

Imagine Daigo playing Goku.. legit Daigoku.

3v3 as well? Marvel 4 am cry. Probably not assist based though.

And those visuals... holy shit! Looks better than Dragon Ball Super.

DBZ is for manchildren
So are video games yet we are all on this forum.

pizzacat

Banned
Naughty Dog and the rest of Sony makes gaming for adults. Idk what you're talking about, you seem to not actually play video games my man

Pompadour

That DBZ game is a megaton. Especially considering how many in the FGC are DBZ fan.

Imagine Daigo playing Goku.. legit Daigoku.

3v3 as well? Marvel 4 am cry. Probably not assist based though.

It's made by ASW so it'll probably be even more insane. The only thing holding it back is they don't want to alienate casual players who just like DBZ.

CO_Andy

Someone pinch me. The DB fighting game looks so damn good. Been thirsting for a serious DB fighting game for a long, long time, and it's finally here.

Marvel and Capcom gonna get left behind.

BadWolf

I mean it's 2017 vs like what 2004? It's so much easier to throw a patch out there these days no?

True but these kinds of games get most of their sales from casuals so ASW would have to care enough about its competitive scene to spend time and money on balance.

I don't get why everyone is so excited over ASW designing a DBZ fighting game. Their fighting games have even lower populations than NRS games.

That means that their games are even worse than NRS games. Facts.

Quebaz

I don't get why everyone is so excited over ASW designing a DBZ fighting game. Their fighting games have even lower populations than NRS games.

Because no matter how bad a DB fighting game is, everyone and their mother will play it. It was true in 2009, it's true now.

shaowebb

They're games are hype and deep. So much so that the usually anti anime FGC largely gives Guilty Gear a pass and approves of it even if they dont dedicate to it. DBZ is also like the one anime the FGC does the same to. ASW plus DBZ is already given a pass by the usually close minded FGC since both have a positive history with them.

Also the new marvel was NOT what folks wanted in that its not a 3v3, If this title states its 3v3 tag+assists it'll absorb a LOT of the players who are struggling to enjoy the new MVC changes and MVC is already divisive so we know it'll have folks wishing for alternatives in several crowds. It'll likely have a lot of its crowd playing both it and DBF or switching if it gets too bad sorta like how you saw Juicebox ditch SF for KOF once he got fed up enough.

Facts.

I wouldn't rule this one out. Its guaranteed to have legs. Plus it'll get the casual sales for certain. Just look at how well budokai games sold and they werent even solid fighting games.

Village

YO WTF!!?!

db4sad9umaa4pb9vrqdo.jpg

I did not know this was 3v3

Holy shit.

shaowebb

I hope Broly is the grappler. Gonna Brock Lesnar me some folks with that guy. Also think of if Buu is a grappler...beams to turn folks into chocolate, maybe some stretchy limbs...can't remember did Buu ever vacuum folks up like Kirby? Dude could be a pretty wild character. Especially if they do some odd moves that let him absorb damage or regenerate.

I wonder if Beat and Note from the insanely popular arcade Dragonball Heroes will come over? The game is by Dimps but they got a manga at one point. Probably not I guess.

Lulubop

Stop humoring Dryeyerelief.

I do wish it was another fighting Shonen, DBZ characters have some of the least interesting powersets. Still this looks good, and everyone loves DBZ. I think it has potentially to make a dent.

Top Bottom