• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

ArjanN

I mean I love DBZ but it's pretty played out in 2017. I'm also not really exited for it until I actually know what it is, as I don't expect it to actually be much like a conventional fighting game.

beef opinions

I thought that was a massive asshole at first, and it was just as fitting.

NEO0MJ

The only thing I'd be worried about is how many characters Arc can fit in the game, especially since they're a relatively small team and this is a 3v3 fighter.

The only thing I'd be worried about is how many characters Arc can fit in the game, especially since they're a relatively small team and this is a 3v3 fighter.

How many DBZ characters do people actually care about being in the game? 20?

I'm curious how various fighting game archetypes are represented within DBZ.

NEO0MJ

Mostly about character variety. The largest cast they ever started fresh with on consoles was Sign with 17 (one which needed to be bought) So you won't have the as wide a pool to draw from for teams like you would for modern team fighters like TTT2, KOF XIV, and UMVC3. Classic VS games didn't have a large roster but that was more due to hardware limitations.
Was just reminded of how Skullgirls received criticism for its small cast which was made even more obvious due to teams.

jett

D-Member
Capcom better get their shit in gear cuz there's a good chance a proper ArcSys-developed Dragon Ball Z fighter is going to kill Mahvel. Kill it dead.

MechaX

If ArcSys puts their A-Game into this one... holy shit this will be grand.

Hell, would be funny if it ends up being the new Mahvel over MvC:I.

shaowebb

Hmm...I wonder if Cell will show up and Kirby people to gain strength and moves? Like starts out Imperfect but uses command grabs to get stronger and to gain progressively stronger specials or moves from opponents? Man this game has some real crazy potential on movesets if you think about it.

Dahbomb

LOL you much be out of touch with DBZ fandoms.

Dudes stan hard for Z tier characters like Tien, Yamcha and random Android number who gives a fuck. Not to mention the dozens of random ass Saiyans like Vegeta's long lost brother Tarble.

And fighting archetypes are very poorly represented, most of the Saiyans fight the same. The villains might show some variety but that's about it.

Dahbomb

No one cares that much about Tien.
You serious? How many times have we had a "who is the strongest human, Tien or Krillin?" just on OT GAF? And every time a bunch of salty Tien fanboys get spun up on a tizzy.

"Bbbbut dat time when Tien totally held Cell 2 in place for 5 seconds with his super duper pussy shape special move!!!"

Dahbomb

In all honesty Tien would have the more interesting play styles in a DGZ FG because he has mastered a ton of techniques that not even someone like Goku has mastered. In the original Dragon Ball he was doing all sorts of crazy stuff.

LOL you much be out of touch with DBZ fandoms.

Dudes stan hard for Z tier characters like Tien, Yamcha and random Android number who gives a fuck. Not to mention the dozens of random ass Saiyans like Vegeta's long lost brother Tarble.

And fighting archetypes are very poorly represented, most of the Saiyans fight the same. The villains might show some variety but that's about it.

Yeah, I don't pay attention to DBZ. I watched the Cell Saga and thought it was cool at first, but then I noticed the show was repeating itself AND dragging each repeat out further. But then again people like pro wrestling - lol.

the people vs Beef:

tell us in your own words why Arc System Works sucks

- Gauges upon gauges upon gauges. Everything needs a fucking gauge.
- Let's chuck in a bunch of mechanics and call it a day. What the fuck is a roman cancel/yellow roman/red roman/rainbow roman anyways!? And then there's perfect guard or some shit too. why the fuck is all that there? And that's just Guilty Gear!

ASW is a perfect example of how to overdesign something. They can never just let something be simple. It's like they saw Nomura's fascination with putting belt buckles and zippers on everything and said "hold my sake." They even somehow managed to overload Contra, of all games, with a bunch of extra bullshit. Fucking CONTRA where all you needed was jump/shoot, but noooooooo that wasn't enough for those assholes. Now you have a dash button and a double jump and there's a god damned EXP/currency system, because everyone was asking for that when they played Contra.

*deep breath*

That being said, if ASW does the impossible and reigns in their need to throw everything including the kitchen sink into the game, then I'll probably give it a shot.

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
Anyway, as much as I like DB I'll need to see some gameplay before I can fully get on board. We've all been burned on new fighters from acclaimed devs before.

mbpm1

- Let's chuck in a bunch of mechanics and call it a day. What the fuck is a roman cancel/yellow roman/red roman/rainbow roman anyways!? And then there's perfect guard or some shit too. why the fuck is all that there? And that's just Guilty Gear!

ASW is a perfect example of how to overdesign something. They can never just let something be simple. It's like they saw Nomura's fascination with putting belt buckles and zippers on everything and said "hold my sake." They even somehow managed to overload Contra, of all games, with a bunch of extra bullshit. Fucking CONTRA where all you needed was jump/shoot, but noooooooo that wasn't enough for those assholes. Now you have a dash button and a double jump and there's a god damned EXP/currency system, because everyone was asking for that when they played Contra.

*deep breath*

That being said, if ASW does the impossible and reigns in their need to throw everything including the kitchen sink into the game, then I'll probably give it a shot.
lots of mechanics are cool

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
If Dragonball has ASW's standard netcode then nobody will give a toss about the game. They are going to hang themselves.

CO_Andy

don't you like Marvel 3 though? that game is sitting near the top on the complexity scale. the Xrd series was toned down significantly, although i haven't played enough to form a full opinion.

ArcSys Contra plays like a Treasure game. not a fan of them either i suppose?

Zissou

I like GG a lot, but I'd like to see an air dasher like xrd but w/o instant block, FD, blitz, bursts, negative penalty, risc guage, and danger time.

Lemstar

*deep breath*

*reins

"I did! Still play it today."

Good shit, you don't want to be one of those people who talk about what you want/don't want in a game and never buy or support the other games that actually have what you want.

Unfortunately, not enough of us with Darkstalkers.

shaowebb

I actually like Persona 4 and DBZ, I think you misread that.

It's so goddamned boring!

I hope it fails tbh

*deep breath*

hmm...between the Cowboy Bebop statement and your aversion to deeper systems and any sort of meter management I think maybe the problem is more a short attention span on your part. :p

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I was watching some of the Twitch fail videos. People are always complaining about the FGC this and that but some of these fail people makes the FGC suspects look like saints. A few in particular are ten times worse than Fchamp at his worst. But you have a lot of people gravitating to them because people just like drama and anything out of the norm.

petran79

Banned

*deep breath*

ArcSys games are glorified PC doujin fighters.

Top Bottom