• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

BadWolf

SNK just released the secret command for KoF14 which enables the frame data display/counter in practice mode and replays.

You basically have to do Geese's classic pretzel motion for the Raging Storm on the main menu and press LK+HP.

notworksafe

But no mistake, pre-release SFxT was hyped up to high heavens. "OMG THE NEW CVS2!!!" Ricky Ortiz, Mike Russ, Max etc. were all up over this game.

And in the end, they were right. It landed with just as big of a wet thud as CVS2; it just didn't have roll canceling to save it.

Line_HTX

Then Justin is making zero sense.

Like, you can't hold it against the players because Capcom released that shit demo and be like "we played the REAL demo of the game! take our word for it, it'll be hype!! mahvel!!"

He deserved to be blown the fuck up for even making that point.

How is it blind hate like some are claiming when the product is not up to par and looks really bad? The hell is that bullshit...

Why are you trolling him? To reinforce that your decision is actually better when it's completely subjective? He said he liked both games and that he shouldn't be considered a shill when he praised DBF too. Let's end it there.

He and FChamp are walking advertisements for MVCI right now, making nearly identical tweets about how sick the game is during E3. He was pulling shit like this on his stream, saying that only people who went to E3 should even get to play the game in the first place.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SmellyBigGullVoHiYo

https://clips.twitch.tv/OilyDeafSageHoneyBadger

Edit: CEO main stream is live, with KOF pools coming up. https://www.twitch.tv/ceogaming

If the .zip leak is right, I lucked out and have 5 characters I want to play:
Dormammu
Morrigan
Jedah
Firebrand
Venom

That's assuming Death and Meio are NPCs.

Of course, my primary concern right now is how much they had to tone Dormammu down.

notworksafe

Why is that? TOs can easily take action by not allowing him to their event or by not allowing him on stream. The FGC can take action by not following him on Twitter, Facebook, etc and reminding his sponsor and TOs that he is a racist and reminding him in person that they know he is a racist if they see him.

.la1n

TOs and sponsors can decide how much or how little they want to let players slide on racist tirades. I won't be watching any stream that supports him or anyone else that's toxic to a community I love very much.

notworksafe

hell 645 said he wouldn't be putting Chris on any stream that he runs at CEO. That's a damn good start imo.

FWIW, unless Jebailey finds some other arrangement, I'm probably going to end up streaming Marvel pools on Friday. And I'm not giving this guy a second of airtime during that if so.

CO_Andy

Alex Valle lets LowTierGod into WNF, and he's a far shittier person than ChrisG ever will be. Then there's Marn, who bragged on Excellent Adventures about firing a female employee because she wouldn't date him.

Scumbags are everywhere. Thankfully we rarely see the two people above, however ChrisG is an unavoidable element of our stream entertainment since he's consistently at the top across multiple games.

CurlyW

I told CEO staff last week not to have Chris G play on stream. Obviously it got lost in a bunch of other shit going on. Reminded them after seeing this thread. Hopefully it gets taken care of.

Dahbomb

Alex Valle lets LowTierGod into WNF, and he's a far shittier person than ChrisG ever will be. Then there's Marn, who bragged on Excellent Adventures about firing a female employee because she wouldn't date him.

Scumbags are everywhere. Thankfully we rarely see the two people above, however ChrisG is an unavoidable element of our stream entertainment since he's consistently at the top across multiple games.
That can't be a serious comment...

Lulubop

I told CEO staff last week not to have Chris G play on stream. Obviously it got lost in a bunch of other shit going on. Reminded them after seeing this thread. Hopefully it gets taken care of.

Good

Crazy they had him at that tmobile e3 event.

Malice215

Not having Chris G on stream is good. I'm amazed that his sponsors and others in power aren't taking his comments more seriously or taking steps to disassociate themselves and their brands from his behavior.

Must have been too busy with E3 I guess.

Well, that would be up to their own moral compass. People have been banned from events before, it's not an unusual circumstance.

People have been banned sure, but for actually causing disruptions at events. I've never heard of a player being banned for something they said on social media, am I wrong? That's a big can of worms to open up.

Tripon

People have been banned sure, but for actually causing disruptions at events. I've never heard of a player being banned for something they said on social media, am I wrong? That's a big can of worms to open up.
Hyuuga was banned for a year for what he did at a hotel in Vegas during Evo, not at Evo.

Dahbomb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39pF6-b7LFA

FChamp on Marvel Infinite.

Those let's be real here. most of the video is taking a massive dump on SFV.

FChamp says that his personal approach to team construction in Marvel Infinite is going to be:

Pick a character who is an all rounder (good at defense/offense, mobility, projectiles etc) and then pick a character that compliments that. From there he says that he will be using all 6 gems for different match ups and not be locked into 1 gem that he will use all the time.

Though I think in reality what's going to happen is that people will find a duo team that works with one specific gem very well. Like let's say Hulk and Strider with Space gem. Hulk for command grab mix ups with the Cube and Strider with Oroborus in the Cube. This was just a random example of course.

It's still going to take a while to figure out the top tier duo + gem combo. I am leaning more towards characters who just have a lot of good tools (like say Ultron) will just be picked a lot because they can just adapt better to different gem configurations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39pF6-b7LFA

FChamp on Marvel Infinite.

Those let's be real here. most of the video is taking a massive dump on SFV.

FChamp says that his personal approach to team construction in Marvel Infinite is going to be:

Pick a character who is an all rounder (good at defense/offense, mobility, projectiles etc) and then pick a character that compliments that. From there he says that he will be using all 6 gems for different match ups and not be locked into 1 gem that he will use all the time.

Though I think in reality what's going to happen is that people will find a duo team that works with one specific gem very well. Like let's say Hulk and Strider with Space gem. Hulk for command grab mix ups with the Cube and Strider with Oroborus in the Cube. This was just a random example of course.

It's still going to take a while to figure out the top tier duo + gem combo. I am leaning more towards characters who just have a lot of good tools (like say Ultron) will just be picked a lot because they can just adapt better to different gem configurations.

It's consistent with him heavily using all 3 of Doom's assists and having a few variations on his team roster.

NEO0MJ

Is there a reason you're not outright banning him?

It's consistent with him heavily using all 3 of Doom's assists and having a few variations on his team roster.

He's probably the pro Marvel player who plays the most characters. Kinda amazing considering how most generally stick to a single team no matter what. Or at least, that's how I remember it.

Tripon

6oZ5tIG.jpg

Assuming Curly can't dictate what Capcom Fighters staff do. Still, I'm disappointed.

Sayad

Hyuuga was banned for a year for what he did at a hotel in Vegas during Evo, not at Evo.
Wouldn't say that isn't related to the event, like, if you assault(during the event's trip) or threaten someone you'd definitely get banned from most events even it didn't happen in the event area.

But social media?! FChamp got away with so much homophobic/racist shit during the FGC house streams without anyone patting an eye, even though he was sponsored at the time, the FGC really doesn't care. Alucard did too early last year. Doubt anyone care...

Also, I watched like less than 30 minutes of CEO today and this is the third time ChrisG is on stream!
9ovvu0I.gif

CurlyW

I was just told that CEO doesn't hold authority over the Capcom Fighters stream in terms of which matches get played on it.

As somebody who is really only hired to make brackets and who isn't on site at the event, I tried my best.

He's probably the pro Marvel player who plays the most characters. Kinda amazing considering how most generally stick to a single team no matter what. Or at least, that's how I remember it.

He mostly only plays Mag, Doom, Phoenix, and occasionally Dormammu. He has a few other team variations where he mixes a mediocre Morrigan in.

Mastering all 3 of Doom's assists and incorporating them into his teams is a smart move, since it gives him a lot of flexibility at the character select screen without having to learn a whole new team or even a new character.

Kalamari

Jebailey's win streak has to stop, send in Mr. Naps

Get hype, Million Dollar Markman on stream

ZTS on now, hold on to your pepperonis

.la1n

I was just told that CEO doesn't hold authority over the Capcom Fighters stream in terms of which matches get played on it.

As somebody who is really only hired to make brackets and who isn't on site at the event, I tried my best.

The effort means a lot even if it doesn't apply to all portions of the tournament. I would think Capcom Fighters would be the first to want to rid themselves of any negative images but it is Capcom after all.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
ARMs is very boring to watch. And it looks like it would get pretty stale fast too during play. Can't see it making a splash like so many people seem to believe it will.

Top Bottom