• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Spuck-uk

Banned
I keep seeing Vikkikitty as ViKKKity!...

Hopefully Ketchup and Mustard being there means no Ultra David for injustice top 8, I want S-Kill/Ultra David for SFV top 8, enough of James Chen please!

Can't find Zhie there! Now that's a surprise, lol(edit: he's probably doing something for twitch there)

F-Word/Logan for SFV top 8 tbh, the best in the business for that game.

I'm gonna skip spiderman and finally see baby driver this weekend.

Maybe I'm an Edgar Wright stan. I even enjoyed shitty Scott Pilgrim .

Astarte

the best way to balance imo

i love it

Fixed. :3

invul on dps thooo
and they even added h gun wallbounce shots to sion :v

The tournament and stream schedules for the Animevo games will be announced... once we have that ready. Hopefully sometime in the next few days -- I can get you whatever information you need once its ready.

Why do I do this to myself

good luck kumu! I'll be looking at animevo streams all day

shaowebb

AnimEVO is better than real EVO every year IMO. Outside of the Blaz Blue extreme hype from Galileo that one year (and its anime :p) nothing has compared. Arcana Heart , Melty, and the new Chaos Code gonna be in this year?

Spuck-uk

Banned
AnimEVO is better than real EVO every year IMO. Outside of the Blaz Blue extreme hype from Galileo that one year (and its anime :p) nothing has compared. Arcana Heart , Melty, and the new Chaos Code gonna be in this year?

Blazblue at Evo last time it was on, was more hype than anything that has happened at AnimeEvo.

Beaten at their own weebgames.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm gonna skip spiderman and finally see baby driver this weekend.

Maybe I'm an Edgar Wright stan. I even enjoyed shitty Scott Pilgrim .

Scott Pilgrim is dope.

Haven't seen it yet but I can't wait to see Baby Driver, I feel like this is the movie I've needed in my life this whole time and I didn't even know it.

vulva

Spiderman was mostly bad but had some good high school drama. Like the one guy who
kept calling Peter Parker, Penis Parker over and over. Even got a DJ chant going at a house party for it. Just needed more of that stuff and less of him being a dumb super hero with a story no one should care about.

Baby Driver was a solid 6/10, it was fine but nothing great.

The Beguiled was a good movie that could have been a great one had it not shit itself in the 3rd act.

Village

Spiderman was mostly bad but had some good high school drama. Like the one guy who
kept calling Peter Parker, Penis Parker over and over. Even got a DJ chant going at a house party for it. Just needed more of that stuff and less of him being a dumb super hero with a story no one should care about.

....wat?

People like superroes because they are super heroes

What did you expect?

I found Wonder Woman pretty bland, is Spider worse or better (not talking about ass) ?
Wonderwoman is better by a large margin.
Spiderman has no drama, no real stakes, no real consequence for Peter's choices, and a bland, flat uninteresting supporting cast where everyone is a 1 beat joke.

Spiderman's story at its core is about a boy trying to balance real life vs his responsibility as a hero. He should have to make really tough decisions that lead to real sacrifices in his normal life and we should feel that as a viewer. His entire normal life though is played for jokes and his constant ditching of his friends and normal life responsibilities never lead to anything except more jokes that fall flat. When you reduce his normal life to a big joke its hard to create situations where anything has any real impact on the viewer. Him and his love interest have zero chemistry and she's incredibly unendearing. Also the film has no real theme that works throughout the film. Peter is "punished" earlier in the film for doing something and then goes out and does THE SAME THING and is praised and rewarded for it at the end? It makes no sense.

Keaton was the best part in most cases but in typical Marvel fashion they didn't give him enough room to work. Every time you feel like they are real gonna open up with his character they cut it off.

Spiderman was dope lol, why does it have to be so serious. It was fun to see a Spiderman movie that didn't devote 30+ minutes to moping about his dead uncle or Mary Jane.

vulva

Spiderman was dope lol, why does it have to be so serious. It was fun to see a Spiderman movie that didn't devote 30+ minutes to moping about his dead uncle or Mary Jane.

Doesn't have to be serious to be good, but the problem was that everything was halfassed to the development of the characters. Everyone was just a superficial character that lead to it feeling like there were no stakes.
How am I supposed to feel empathy or disdain for a character who complains about the rich while living in a giant house in New York that's almost entirely made of glass. (OR IS THAT THE METAPHOR THAT PEOPLE LIVING IN GLASS HOUSES SHOULDN'T THROW STONES HUR HUR HUR!?)

Dahbomb

Spider Man was a fun time no alcohol required type movie for the family and kids. But it definitely reeks of being pushed out through the MCU assembly line. Same look, humor, story beats and types of characters.

This Spider Man not having a half an hour long origin story with Uncle Ben and MJ blues definitely helps it a lot... we are SO over that stuff already. My guess is that they are probably playing this one super safe to launch the rest of the Spider Man movies.

Also the villain beating himself at the end was dumb as hell. Spider Man seemed hella incompetent in the movie without the Stark super suit. Even with the suit he was messing up constantly. I guess it sort of works as Spider Man is still new at it.

Kumubou

i love it

invul on dps thooo
and they even added h gun wallbounce shots to sion :v
I'm kind of glad that the DPs work as actual anti-airs now... but now that means that some characters (like Gordeau and Merkava) are going to have some absolutely insane space control -- you basically won't be able to assault at them when they have vorpal without taking a huge risk.

The buffs they gave Eltnum are jokes, though. They gave her H-Sion reflect shots (and the trajectories look to be far better than they ever were in Melty Blood) and V.Sion divekick? Why????? (...although I shouldn't be complaining :3 )

The full list of games is on smash.gg along with the official website, and yes, this year we are running all of those games.

Blazblue at Evo last time it was on, was more hype than anything that has happened at AnimeEvo.

Beaten at their own weebgames.
It's not really a competition like that, though. And we really are not trying to manufacture hype here, anyway (we don't have the eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesports dollars for that).

That and that whole set from Evo 2014 was one of the most hype sets in the history of the event -- there really isn't much beating it.

I'm kind of glad that the DPs work as actual anti-airs now... but now that means that some characters (like Gordeau and Merkava) are going to have some absolutely insane space control -- you basically won't be able to assault at them when they have vorpal without taking a huge risk.

The buffs they gave Eltnum are jokes, though. They gave her H-Sion reflect shots (and the trajectories look to be far better than they ever were in Melty Blood) and V.Sion divekick? Why????? (...although I shouldn't be complaining :3 )

The full list of games is on smash.gg along with the official website, and yes, this year we are running all of those games.

It's not really a competition like that, though. And we really are not trying to manufacture hype here, anyway (we don't have the eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesports dollars for that).

That and that whole set from Evo 2014 was one of the most hype sets in the history of the event -- there really isn't much beating it.

god bless orie dp now. what a mediocre tool it was in uniel

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
are there any active yatagarasu players? I've only ever seen one (side-)tournament for that game and everyone looked like they were on some slap-dash day one shit. Would love to see some proper play tho.

NEO0MJ

are there any active yatagarasu players? I've only ever seen one (side-)tournament for that game and everyone looked like they were on some slap-dash day one shit. Would love to see some proper play tho.

Juicebox used to push that game hard for a good while but after he stopped showing up whatever attention that game had simply vanished here. I thought 3S fans would dig this but guess not.
Doesn't help that the devs themselves seem to have abandoned it.

pizzacat

Banned
Jus show me spider punching venom, having a character is overrated and conflict other than punching a laser in the face is for ninnies

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I thought Wonder Woman was overrated. Good but I wouldn't call great. And they picked the wrong guy to play you know who. Super Hero movies are pretty much saturated at this point. They are going to be B+ at best because they all follow the same formula no matter who is making them.

Top Bottom