• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
my post got stuck on the bottom of the last page so I'm quoting myself. Crush Counter me if that's bad ig
This Reddit thread brought up an interesting question (is "rekka" actually an American term) and it made me wonder, what do the Japanese call what we call a rekka?

It would be fun to see some kind of glossary that gives the different words used in different languages for the same thing. (like the joke chart made comparing FGC words and Smash words, but, like, for realsies)

i guess this means nobody can insult the tekken community then, because who the fuck are they?
? Beef are you like 12? If so all this would make a lot more sense. Digimon avatar, goofy name, ignorant about the fgc, childlike insults, & the overall immaturity you have. If you keep acting this way Beef I'm gonna have to call your MILF & have a talk about your behavior.

? Beef are you like 12? If so all this would make a lot more sense. Digimon avatar, goofy name, ignorant about the fgc, childlike insults, & the overall immaturity you have. If you keep acting this way Beef I'm gonna have to call your MILF & have a talk about your behavior.

jvsIqgz.gif

This is what happens when the olds are gone and let the youths rule.

As someone who hasn't played Virtua Fighter since over one and a half decade ago and doesn't remember shit about the series, can someone describe or give a video link to show what the movement was like?

Is it more like DoA where it's more simplistic without losing the control or is it more like Tekken where just being able to move proficiently is an execution requirement in itself.
It's the TheSpoiler effect.

Pompadour

As someone who hasn't played Virtua Fighter since over one and a half decade ago and doesn't remember shit about the game, can someone describe or give a video link to show what the movement was like?

Is it more like DoA where it's more simplistic without losing the control or is it more like Tekken where just being able to move proficiently is an execution requirement in itself.

I'm not Oneida but I don't remember it being Tekken difficult. One of the nicer features was sidestepping an attack as it was about to hit you turned your evasion into a super evasion. It was really fun to dodge something and end up almost behind your opponent.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
As someone who hasn't played Virtua Fighter since over one and a half decade ago and doesn't remember shit about the series, can someone describe or give a video link to show what the movement was like?

if u have three hours to spare this video is good, if a bit rambling

Shouta

This Reddit thread brought up an interesting question (is "rekka" actually an American term) and it made me wonder, what do the Japanese call what we call a rekka?

It would be fun to see some kind of glossary that gives the different words used in different languages for the same thing. (like the joke chart made comparing FGC words and Smash words, but, like, for realsies)

They don't have a term snappy term that's the equivalent to rekka in JP. There's the general term, 連続入力 or consecutive input (skills) though which covers pretty much everything. First char to have it was not Fei Long though, it was actually Mizoguchi in Fighter's History but ya, it's Fighter's History, lol.

Xevren

VF movement is definitely simple but felt awesome. Just like someone already said, evading something just feels awesome. Sigh, I miss VF, I'm gonna have to go boot it up.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
https://smash.gg/tournament/socal-regionals-2017-1/details

So SCR finally opened the reg site.

This year, no Smash games (I guess that's why they're doing the pre tournament called SCR saga at the eSports arena in Santa Ana. This year SCR is at the Anaheim convention center).

j2f5TMx.png

Happening Sept. 21-Sept. 24th. I went last year, but I have to admit, with how late registration opened, I'm thinking of skipping this year or just buying a spectator pass for Saturday. I don't feel like taking a day off for this on Friday.
Is this the first MvC:I major?

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty

VF movement is similar to tekken in regards to what cancels what,
but spacing is much less important in VF than it is in Tekken, and movement is almost 100% defensive in VF. also because VF has a guard button, guard cancelling dashes is easier than korean step in tekken. evades have a more tangible reward due to how VF handles side-turn, and are more or less safe due to how you can dash cancel unsuccessful evades. you can also escape a throw direction while evading (or doing anything at all)

CO_Andy

if Sega can let a Shenmue Kickstarter come to pass then why not VF?

also what's the deal with VF5 getting a PS4 port thru Yakuza when PC gamers are thirsting for the game?

Forward

They don't have a term snappy term that's the equivalent to rekka in JP. There's the general term, 連続入力 or consecutive input (skills) though which covers pretty much everything. First char to have it was not Fei Long though, it was actually Mizoguchi in Fighter's History but ya, it's Fighter's History, lol.

Fighters History [was] Dynamite, though.

Tekken 7 online is so much fun.

Get matched up with a player who played incredibly solid and pretty much rekt me for 2 matches. Then from the 3rd match onwards, he just started using only 2 or 3 moves with the hopes of having me block and punish them. Once I started to punish them better, he started playing his regular game again but it got much closer this time since I knew how to punish some of his more stronger stuff.

Compared to 2D fighting games where you just go for the cheap stuff and win quit, this is like going to online warrior heaven.

Sayad

Tekken 7 online is so much fun.

Get matched up with a player who played incredibly solid and pretty much rekt me for 2 matches. Then from the 3rd match onwards, he just started using only 2 or 3 moves with the hopes of having me block and punish them. Once I started to punish them better, he started playing his regular game again but it got much closer this time since I knew how to punish some of his more stronger stuff.

Compared to 2D fighting games where you just go for the cheap stuff and win quit, this is like going to online warrior heaven.
Oh, so now you understand why I wanted infinite ranked in all games! :D

Onemic

Now that Im fully into T7, Im pretty interested in VF. I only played VF5 for like 2 days and never touched the series again after. Hoping that a VF6 comes around sometime.

Top Bottom