• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | 4/20-26 | Beowulf Wrasslin', Mewtwo Smashin', Netkode Krashin

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Lol, I never want context for this quote

ioQ7lxgxAuhhI.png

Teams will likely be very different. Plus, it's best of one... whoever wins is the one who was able to download the other guy fastest. If it was best of 3 like usual things would also be very different.

Still, it's entertaining to watch.

...it would not be different, Zero and M2K would continue wrecking, maybe the other two would be different?

because if we had a real Japan vs rest of the world it would be something like Rain, Nietono, Abadango, Earth vs ZeRo, Dabuz, Mr. R, Nairo or something to that effect, but it's not

You sure? Console tournaments are really rare in Japan as most tournaments are held in Arcades due to amount of space and cost.

it's obviously not as big as the American scene, but it's decent enough...at least compared to non-Capcom/Smash games in America

HardRojo

About to interview pony, México's best umvc3 player who's here for a big tourney tomorrow(and sunday). He's gong to play a ft10 against Axel, our best umvc3 player(yes, he beats j2jin).
hitChmn.jpg

Yes, he's very happy to be here, no shades of JDCR's experience.

I really wanted to be there with you guys but university stuff had me really busy. I just submitted a paper a couple of minutes ago lol. Ah well, I'll try to be there during the weekend.

Teams will likely be very different. Plus, it's best of one... whoever wins is the one who was able to download the other guy fastest. If it was best of 3 like usual things would also be very different.

Still, it's entertaining to watch.

We will see but I think Zero and M2K would still clean shop even it was best of 3.

Revven

...it would not be different, Zero and M2K would continue wrecking, maybe the other two would be different?

because if we had a real Japan vs rest of the world it would be something like Rain, Nietono, Abadango, Earth vs ZeRo, Dabuz, Mr. R, Nairo or something to that effect, but it's not

it's obviously not as big as the American scene, but it's decent enough...at least compared to non-Capcom/Smash games in America

I was more or less talking about the other matches, yeah, not Zero's or M2K's lol.

smurfx

get some go again
Fuck man, I have never been so salty in my life.

I played Online Marvel 3™ for two years and change until the nuttiest Firebrand/Skrull player ever made me re-evaluate palying it further. And that never made me as salty as fucking Mario Kart.
stay free.

Man I feel bad for the NWM streamers. It's awful quality with dropped frames and the audio being ahead of the stream. Not to mention the hour late start time. Bad look.

Astarte

Dahbomb

You know good movies are still good even if you know plot points, right?
Normally I would agree but Oldboy is one of those movies with such a huge twist that knowing in advance sort of lessens the impact of a first time view. Still a great movie even if you know the twist in advance.

Shouta

Man I feel bad for the NWM streamers. It's awful quality with dropped frames and the audio being ahead of the stream. Not to mention the hour late start time. Bad look.

We're getting throttled by the college it seems, gotta work it out with them in the morning

vulva

Normally I would agree but Oldboy is one of those movies with such a huge twist that knowing in advance sort of lessens the impact of a first time view. Still a great movie even if you know the twist in advance.

I mean the twist wasn't exactly surprising at all. I figured that relationship existed pretty early on. It's a good movie because it tells the story well, not because of some gimmicky twist.

Astarte

I mean the twist wasn't exactly surprising at all. I figured that relationship existed pretty early on. It's a good movie because it tells the story well, not because of some gimmicky twist.

vulva, you aren't the average popcorn eating movie goer. The average person won't put two and two together and go

when the twist happens

Movies for the most part aren't some exploratory non linear medium. They tend to go from the start to the end and for the most part are created with the idea that the viewer will start at the beginning and not the end.

vulva

Movies for the most part aren't some exploratory non linear medium. They tend to go from the start to the end and for the most part are created with the idea that the viewer will start at the beginning and not the end.

I don't understand what point you're trying to make here. Of course movies are traditionally watched from beginning to end. That doesn't mean that films don't attempt to entirely bank their quality based on a twist (m night movies come to mind, as an example). And the ones that do bank on having a big twist to make up for other shortcomings are usually awful anyways (m night movies come to mind, as an example).

Top Bottom