• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | 4/20-26 | Beowulf Wrasslin', Mewtwo Smashin', Netkode Krashin

Is rise of incarnates worth a download? Remember their being some talk on here about it long ago, but haven't heard much recently.

A lot of people were initially put off by the fact that you could only acquire additional characters with real money, however even though they've changed that I haven't seen anyone (outside of Namco themselves via streams) play or talk about the game.

alstein

What is the equivalent of circular moves in VF for 3S? Without that, there is no comparison.

There are moves that specifically beat sidesteps in VF, and you have to commit to either action. Parry input can be option selected, has no whiff animation, and no recovery.

Why hasn't anyone really tried making a 3d-style fighter in 2d?

You could use a dodge button/command for the 3d axis, and have moves specifically beat dodging to simulate circulars.

A lot of people said Dante wouldn't be better than Mid tier in VANILLA because he didn't have fast buttons and didn't hit as hard (plus no air throw).

I am sure Justin Wong put out a tier list of MVC3 way back and it was Wolverine/Phoenix as best and Dante was much, much lower on that list.
Seth Killian himself said Dante and Vergil were mid tier. I love the man, but recognizing character potential is not his forte, it seems.

Skilletor

You could use a dodge button/command for the 3d axis, and have moves specifically beat dodging to simulate circulars.

They kind of have something similar in kof and fatal fury with the dodges.

I think more could be done exploring that mechanic.

Korean zhi

jGPz7jFjzTgJp.png

If I remember correctly Justin said Adon sucked when he played a beta version of super months before release. Supposedly that version of Adon had unsafe jaguar kicks.

petghost

Banned

Mk seems to borrow a lot of 3d stuff...I guess I'm mostly thinking of attack strings and highs whiffing crouchers.

gundam wing battle assault 2 had a dodge mechanic. I dont know how it really worked but it was in there

CurlyW

"Hilde is probably gonna be the worst character in the game"

Anyone got similar statements like this for what would become top tier characters in games?

My favorite Marvel one was the gaming site's vanilla MvC3 preview/review where they said that Arthur was overpowered and She-Hulk couldn't do anything against him. Can't seem to find that link right now though.

Nobody else would enter. Their plan was foiled.

zlatko

Banned
Feeling myself on MKX. I think I'm at a 30 Win streak with my Takeda online in ranked. I'll have to check, but yeah I'm slaying nerds online.

I've been messing around with all of the cast again and:

Can do all of Kung Jins Combos. Brain dead Easy character.

Can do a LOT of scorpion combos. Not brain dead, but not hard by any means.

Can do everything I've come up with on D'vorah swarm queen. So much damage for so little.

-----

Feels good to have 4 characters I can mess around with. I wish I was good with Cassie Cage though. Run combos are not for me. :(

Justin said adon os ass and dudley was top tier in beta. They made big changes before release and made Justin look bad.

Seth was probably in pr mode when he was talking about dante and vergil.

I remeber when sfxt came out people thought hugo was top tier rofl

Rhapsody

Banned
Justin said adon os ass and dudley was top tier in beta. They made big changes before release and made Justin look bad.

Seth was probably in pr mode when he was talking about dante and vergil.

I remeber when sfxt came out people thought hugo was top tier rofl

Heck, I remember when people said Gief Green Hand not doing knockdown and Hugo being in the game for Ultra made Gief a worse pick. lol

oh shit i forgot kyle wattula was in seattle now. Shoutouts to that guy for helping me out in gg back when he was at cinci. Sad I didnt get more practice in with him

My favorite Marvel one was the gaming site's vanilla MvC3 preview/review where they said that Arthur was overpowered and She-Hulk couldn't do anything against him. Can't seem to find that link right now though.

Nobody else would enter. Their plan was foiled.
Joystiq said that. The best part was that they actually uploaded gameplay, and it was clearly atrocious.

gutabo

About to interview pony, México's best umvc3 player who's here for a big tourney tomorrow(and sunday). He's gong to play a ft10 against Axel, our best umvc3 player(yes, he beats j2jin).
hitChmn.jpg

Yes, he's very happy to be here, no shades of JDCR's experience.

WarRock

Dragonball Z Hyper Dimension and Fatal Fury? Also throws beat dodges in KoF.

You may also want to look into Bleach Blade of Fate, great dodge gauge that did FADC better than SF will ever do.

gundam wing battle assault 2 had a dodge mechanic. I dont know how it really worked but it was in there
"Light" suits went to background invencible, "heavy" untis made a barrier that nullified projectiles. Timed dodges were unbeatable, but had some recovery when you came back to the foreground, but you could dodge again. Each barrier/dodge wasted 1/3 of your boost and that recharged somewhat slowly (enough to make spamming impossible). You also used boost for a type of "quick wake up" and flying around (some suits).

Oh yeah, that game had unblockable attacks you basically had to dodge (Epyon's super needed three dodges in a row).

rookiejet

GG scene needs some personalities, desperately. Go figure, Tasty Steve would frickin' disappear right when Xrd drops.

I really like Klaige and Phrekwenci as far commentary goes. And of course Spooky, I can listen to Spooky talk about anything /all day/, but he also knows his Guilty Gear.

Top Bottom