• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly |8/17-23| It was a little beta this time.

h5cMbqA.gif

You guys are trying to kill my Street Fighter. Only ones that can work in SF is if it seems entirely possible that their universe can coexist with the SF universe. Final Fight was one of those universes and Rival Schools could possibly be one too. If a guest character has no hope of being integrated into Street Fighter they should stay out. It would kind of suck to see some SF character left off for some guest character.
Oh god this is the Smash bros argument all over again.

didnt' know fighting game continuity/canon was a big deal. Where the marvel/tastunoko characters in my SF, those universes fought w/ capcom's

Skilletor

Fuck yeah to guest characters. Put them in. Get people that normally wouldn't buy the game to buy it so that the game I love gets more copies sold, which means more money, which means more support, which means more of the game I love.

Fuck canon. Fuck if a character doesn't fit thematically or whatever. That's never bothered me one bit. Starkiller was fucking DOPE in SC5. Spawn was a beast. Jason is fucking pimp. Put them in, give them movesets, get money from people that wouldn't buy the game normally and get me more of what I love.

Fuck. Yes.

100% genuine. No sarcasm.

#darthmaulforsf5

Fuck yeah to guest characters. Put them in. Get people that normally wouldn't buy the game to buy it so that the game I love gets more copies sold, which means more money, which means more support, which means more of the game I love.

Fuck canon. Fuck if a character doesn't fit thematically or whatever. That's never bothered me one bit. Starkiller was fucking DOPE in SC5. Spawn was a beast. Jason is fucking pimp. Put them in, give them movesets, get money from people that wouldn't buy the game normally and get me more of what I love.

Fuck. Yes.

#darthmaulforsf5

Just for you, the rest of the starting roster is Love Live and Kancolle characters!

Beckx

Fuck. Yes.

Join the Asura in SFV army. There's only a few of us but we make up for it for by being really, really angry.

petghost

Banned
Some of the rival schools chars like kyosuke or akira could fit nicely. There are enough aesthetic similiarities between those 2 series. Cole stood out like a sore thumb in sfxt purely from a design perspective.

Clawww

i'm playing less and less games nowadays so i haven't bought anything in a minute

sometimes, gaf is enough

i bought a pstv and danganronpa and im just like cringing at the fact that i have to buy vita memory now too I should have just fucking bought the game physical

I thought it came from Yung Lean.

The original is S A D B O Y Z.

I think it went yung lean > online scenes > dota 2 > twitch > the world

petghost

Banned
Fuck it. Put a bunch of Neptunia characters in Virtua Fighter.

Sadly I think this is like one of the only things that would make vf sell like hotcakes.

I really like the vf cast but if they ever do a 6 it might be in their best interest to redesign the chars so non interested people will try it out.

Tripon

I'm going to sell my TV and PS4 because I'm moving, but will likely buy a new PS4 when the beta comes back, lol.

rookiejet

L I N N K U R O S A W A B O Y S

as long as they maintain /gameplay/ thematic consistency, I'm cool with guest characters. wonder how it will feel when have a roster bigger than SF4's tho (and the whole burden of knowledge on a new player)

notworksafe

Fuck. Yes.

#darthmaulforsf5
Goddamn I forgot about Starkiller. Dude was both cool and also super good in a game with some busted ass shit haha.

Seyavesh

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";175855662]I still can't believe that Capcom hired that comic writer and just had him make a bunch of win quotes.[/QUOTE]

still wanna see that mvc story mode by that guy some day
he hits the winquotes on the mark 10000%

notworksafe

I have such a history of moving ingrained in me that I keep the boxes for any big purchases like TVs/speakers/etc even though I haven't moved in 5 years and don't plan to anytime soon.

Skilletor

Seems like as good a time as ever to mention that this game needs Linn Kurosawa.

You're good people, vulva. Good people indeed.

I really should download some of the mods people have done for this game. I'm missing out.

Anybody have the thread somebody started specifically about modding SF4?

Goddamn I forgot about Starkiller. Dude was both cool and also super good in a game with some busted ass shit haha.

There are few things in fighters more satisfying than a just frame saber toss.

.la1n

I have such a history of moving ingrained in me that I keep the boxes for any big purchases like TVs/speakers/etc even though I haven't moved in 5 years and don't plan to anytime soon.

Same. I never truly feel "moved in." Comes in handy when I need to sale things though.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Sadly I think this is like one of the only things that would make vf sell like hotcakes.

I really like the vf cast but if they ever do a 6 it might be in their best interest to redesign the chars so non interested people will try it out.

True not even VF players want to play their own characters so they customize them to look as little like them as possible!

Perro

Capcom should buy SNK and put Terry, Athena, Gato and Yamazaki in SF.
The other KOF characters can stay dead.

Kula and Athena would have as good a chance at appearing in a numbered SF title as Karin, Mika or Ingrid.

Also, can Capcom even afford to buy anything? :^()

mbpm1

Put_Jean_Reno_from_onimusha_in_SF5

If sagat comes back make him skinny sagat like st.

Let a brutha move around

Top Bottom