• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly |8/17-23| It was a little beta this time.

Beckx

For guest characters in SFV, I can see Kazuya or Jin.

Either would be awesome. Original incarnations of both characters were such bad asses.

but

if we're dreaming of guest characters

Kazuma Kiryu

Edit: nah, he'd just leave the rest of the roster in the hospital, bad idea I guess

Thanks everyone for your comments!
I guess the best way to present so much information would be some sort of interactive website. That would require a lot more time/boredom on my side though. Would this actually be usefull information to some of you?

Arcana Heart 3 Love Max Six Stars!!!!!! is missing.

How did I never hear of a new Arcana title? Is that comming for nextgen? Can't find anything.

Mecha

Thanks everyone for your comments!
I guess the best way to present so much information would be some sort of interactive website. That would require a lot more time/boredom on my side though. Would this actually be usefull information to some of you?

How did I never hear of a new Arcana title? Is that comming for nextgen? Can't find anything.

It's a recent release, here's the website.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone here vouch for Guilty Gear on the Vita/PSP or should I just stay away from it?

Numb

For guest characters in SFV, I can see Kazuya or Jin.

SFV needs a Mokujin-type random select guy that becomes a new character every round. Grappler one round and then Ryu or something else in another. Seth has a mishmash of moves combined but he is his own guy.

Talking guys from Tekken i'd pick Jinpachi.Dude has a fireball. Or maybe King with his full multi-grab movelist. Salt unlike any other would flow.

Clawww

I would LOVE to play SFxT Jin

fuck it, just give some new char his moveset. altho it wouldnt be the same without the specific Jin moves/animations

mbpm1

The real suggestions
Characteristics

Short so she can crouch fireballs and higher pokes
Forward moving special where she rams you with her racecar
Special where she throws candy in an arc like yoshis eggs

V skill: Assist from Ralph where he uses Haggars lariat
V trigger: Glitch related where random effects occur and rewards skilled pattern recognition/hit confirm with the random effects

Make it happen kappakom

pizzacat

Banned
Characteristics

Short so she can crouch fireballs and higher pokes
Forward moving special where she rams you with her racecar
Special where she throws candy in an arc like yoshis eggs

V skill: Assist from Ralph where he uses Haggars lariat
V trigger: Glitch related where random effects occur and rewards skilled pattern recognition/hit confirm with the random effects

Make it happen kappakom
I feel like you suggested this for smash at one point lol

GooeyHeat

I just saw Catherine on that chronology of fighting games picture, haha. Just because it was the hypest thing at EVO doesn't necessarily make it a fighting game. If it did, then that list would have "standing up early" on it.

shaowebb

Promoting folks to buy Arcana Heart 3 Love max in the PSN Flash Sale Aug 21 thread with Gifs and more talk of how you can homing dash cancel everything then customize your specials, supers, x factor (extend force) and etc right now.

Made some Dorothy gifs on her goin for mixups with her ability to place trap cards ...

sEj43gZ.gif

..and then one of her goin ham with the Wind Arcana that pretty well lets you do Morrigan Soul Fist stuff since you can air dash cancel arcana specials and you gain an extra air action. She starts rocking this after popping an air Super which is great

iYqzEz0.gif

:p

Chased all the way across the screen with those orbs and low trap cards.
This game is so fun to watch folks go Ham with.

.J.

Banned
So I finally pre-ordered SFV from Amazon (just getting into fighting games for the first time in almost 20 years!). How long did it take for them to deliver your Beta access code after pre-ordering?

Numb

Hmmm... It's been several. Amazon has made it really too difficult to contact their customer service anymore.

I cancelled and preordered again a couple of times till i got the code in like 5min. That doesn't work you can just keep trying to get some customer service people.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So I finally pre-ordered SFV from Amazon (just getting into fighting games for the first time in almost 20 years!). How long did it take for them to deliver your Beta access code after pre-ordering?

Instantly.

.J.

Banned
I cancelled and preordered again a couple of times till i got the code in like 5min. That doesn't work you can just keep trying to get some customer service people.

I don't have the patience for that, in general. haha. I did manage to get CS in a chat.

Instantly.

Rub it in, why dontcha

EDIT: Snagged it! Thanks to Sathish with Amazon customer service for a quick turnaround. Downloading the beta client now.

SF doesn't need guest characters as much as KI and MK do to grab attention. Plenty of good characters to choose from for the initial 16+ characters... Let's be honest who would be hype for Kim Wu and Tusk in KI or random palette swap ninja #20 in MKX..

Numb

I don't have the patience for that, in general. haha. I did manage to get CS in a chat.

Rub it in, why dontcha

EDIT: Snagged it! Thanks to Sathish with Amazon customer service for a quick turnaround. Downloading the beta client now.

Hope you get further than training unlike me.

Top Bottom