• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly |8/17-23| It was a little beta this time.

Numb

SnK busy with pachinko and got no time for games so having guests in SFV seems like a good time.
Also add Black Dynamite in SFV.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Backdash:

kanye-dance-3.nocrop.w529.h554.2x.gif

Command grab:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-26032-1354577696-0.gif

I got this mapped out fam

Seems like as good a time as ever to mention that this game needs Linn Kurosawa.

She's from a game that's more ded than KBrad's street fighter career. Bring her in.

Capcom should buy SNK and put Terry, Athena, Gato and Yamazaki in SF.
The other KOF characters can stay dead.

I'm fine with KOF characters. All characters that could be permanent street fighter characters the moment they're in SF.

Listen to me Capcom. I know what's best for your game.

Tik-Tok

the first right shoulder swing juke is the invulnerable part, then Kanye gets carried away feeling himself for the rest of the recovery frames

edit: kanye is the new dan
God please let there be a Kanye-Dan costume that also changes all his animations to ridiculous Kanye shit.

Perro

You had Athena in your list, you lose already by default
KOF2002 Athena tho!
This little SNK talk just makes me sad. SNK is dead and if we get a new game is going to be a KOF game :/
Garou/Fatal Fury is the better franchise.
Also Last Blade is better than SS, but LB is so dead that there's no pachislot version.

Numb

Gonna a make a song for SFV at best if anything happens like Snoop.. Don't know bout him being playable.

The TV is a 47 inch LG. That's not going to fix in a box
that also would fit in my car.

Besides I rather game on my PC monitor anyway.

ah

I have such a history of moving ingrained in me that I keep the boxes for any big purchases like TVs/speakers/etc even though I haven't moved in 5 years and don't plan to anytime soon.

yea I try not to buy anything big since I've moved a bunch of times, so I usually keep enough stuff that'll fit in my sedan.

Are there really karin/mika "diehards" or just a combination of skeevy dudes and hipsters?

I think Karin is genuine because I remember people wanting that character even when SF4 vanilla was out. There's a youtube channel full of street fighter videos named "KarinSF4"

R Mika? eh...

pizzacat

Banned
I think Karin is genuine because I remember people wanting that character even when SF4 vanilla was out. There's a youtube channel full of street fighter videos named "KarinSF4"

R Mika? eh...
Everyone saw the Japan popularity polls "oh wow R Mika she needs to get in"

No one realized how much doujins she's been in

/s

Only about the top part thi

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Beckx is all about that P R U D E B O Y S, wants that nun outfit dlc otherwise no go

lmao, people playing innocent as fuck in this thread when they all know this is an anime thread.

Edit:

I'm only yanking your chain BeckX lol

Edit before the edit above:

Especially Enzo.

Village

Rock sux, Geese gave no shits about his soft ass.
Also put Geese in SFV too.

Nah, Rock is cool. Also Soft, stop that, stop that now. Its bad.

Also geese isn't as cool as rugal. I never really had an affinity for geese, he was just a bad dude. And I like my bad guy characters, he was... eh

It's too big to fit on a 1920x1080 display area, which is the more common resolution at the moment I think. Not without scaling the image anyway. Might want to see if you can tweak the size or arrangement if you just want to post it on a web page.

It's also kind of cluttered and hard to read but I have no idea what you can do about that right now.

I thought it would be fun to make a chronology of fighting games.
Never did a infographic type thing, so please leave feedback.

hella awesome!

might wanna cut down the space between sf1 and sf2 to make the image smaller. the point of the long gap can be shown with less real estate.

also WHERES THE NINJA TURTLE FIGHTING GAME

Kumubou

I thought it would be fun to make a chronology of fighting games.
Never did a infographic type thing, so please leave feedback.
You're missing the last Akatsuki Blitzkampf game (En-Eins). I also don't think Ecole has anything to do with the Dengeki Bunko fighting games; they should be credited as Sega/French Bread as the developers.

There's a whole bunch of games you are missing as well, but I don't know what your criteria for including games was. It looks to be something, but I'm not sure what since you have games like Aggressors of Dark Combat and Catherine on there, but not games like Primal Rage, Rival Schools or Eternal Fighter Zero.

It's a cool look, regardless. Although I think it would look better as presented on some kind of webpage, where you could manipulate the graphic in order to only show specific genres, developers or game series. It's too big to just throw up on Twitter as a viral image, but I don't see how you make it smaller without completely destroying its readability. Maybe if you made it narrower but longer to compensate (as scrolling down is far easier for people to do on devices than scrolling right).

Kumubou

At least the wouldn't have to rip off the far more expensive change there (although it seems like this CoD is still mainly P2P on consoles).

I would say go further and display it as both a average ping and their connection quality (basically, how much variance is in the ping) along with the connection type. Maybe not even show it by default (as people might go cross-eyed looking at 4-5 connection stats not knowing what they are), but let people who care enough to want to know that kind of information see it.

I also wish matchmaking handled connection quality, but that's a whole another issue. It may not have been in the early beta build for one reason or another -- I could see them wanting to test international matches just to see how far they could push the netcode.

Are there really karin/mika "diehards" or just a combination of skeevy dudes and hipsters?
I would play Karin -- she's a fun character to play in both A3 and CFJ, even though she's absolutely bulllllllshit in A3. Then again, most good characters are. That game is beyond broken.

Top Bottom