• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly |8/17-23| It was a little beta this time.

.J.

Banned
That guy who wants Rain

I will say this: I'm not impressed with most of the roster for MKX. I played everything in the series up through 4 (and there you go, ladies and gentlemen--the reason I stopped playing fighting games for 18 years), and so a certain nostalgic part of me hated to see a game full of what feel like sub par characters when the ones I really miss are reduced to background or nonplayable characters.

Is Baraka any good? Hell no. But I'd take him over flippin' Quan Chi or any of the new characters in this game. (man, that NPC list makes me sad.

It's strange, really. I know Mortal Kombat has had a renaissance as a decent fighting game series in the recent past, but I have to imagine most consumers just want the thing for the sake of nostalgia, while your hardcore fighters are going to stick with more prestigious games like SF.

notworksafe

Are there really karin/mika "diehards" or just a combination of skeevy dudes and hipsters?

Are there really Hagger diehards or is it just people who want to seem cool by not just playing Gief?

Are there really Mike/Joe diehards or just dudes who want to pretend they played and loved SF1?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Mes is always getting himself in FGC celebrity lobbies and does somewhat good but then gets bodied by rest of GAF. Does not compute. (Maybe they were taking it easy on him.)

.J.

Banned
Purpose of the beta so it's expected.
You check out the Rising Thunder alpha?

Didn't know about it. But looking it up, I see it's a PC game. I'm a controllerless mac owner and a PS4/XBONE (no offense to insane people) owner, so that's a no go for me.

It's cool. I'm getting plenty from trying to git gud at USFIV and MKX.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Reason why I don't make tournament threads often is because I gauge whether it is worth making based on how many people would watch or post in it. Outside of a handful of threads, they really aren't worth making. A small one day tournament,etc would be best talked about in here.

alstein

SF doesn't need guest characters as much as KI and MK do to grab attention. Plenty of good characters to choose from for the initial 16+ characters... Let's be honest who would be hype for Kim Wu and Tusk in KI or random palette swap ninja #20 in MKX..

I agree, though I wouldn't mind "guest" characters from relevant Capcom franchises such as a Rival Schools or Slam Masters character who would make sense in the SF universe. Would like to see Akira from Rival Schools or say, Scorpion or Haggar from Slam Masters in the game (putting their Scorpion in would be a nice troll to MK as well)

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Birdie ain't got nothing on this girl

11326463_1629509457265740_1128466793_n.jpg

Mista Koo

what's your point? That they are being silly? Well yes then I agree.
Quite the opposite, that it's understandable that certain people won't accept certain things in Street Fighter. Whether it's a magical schoolgirls, technological agents, or green monsters.

Top Bottom