• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly |8/17-23| It was a little beta this time.

thelastword

Banned
This a shop? Apparently was taken down within a few minutes.

CnwOXUK.jpg
Looks like Zangief to me....

pixelish

lauren aka the main singer of chvrches bobbling her head in the background at 1:53 onwards. she is such a qt!

too bad most of the people here won't appreciate her since she's not anime.

Essay

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";175897968]Yeah it sucks but I don't really feel like getting a PS4 stick for one game.[/QUOTE]

There's a good player in my region who had been playing I-No on pad since at least Slash, without macros or anything. Only part of her game I ever saw him struggle with was cancelling j.D into green block for her short hops/crossups. Find a solution to that
(macros)
and I can't think of any legit ceiling you'll hit, if you're already proficient with pads.

Topanga B League:

-Fuudo
-Pugera
-Santarou
-Ninomae
-Dashio
-Nishikin
-Sasaki
-Pepeday
-Kawaguchi
-Mago
-Misse
-Gachikun
-Matsuri
-aiai
-Shiro
-MDR
-Hagejin
-two players from the online qualifiers

There's a good player in my region who had been playing I-No on pad since at least Slash, without macros or anything. Only part of her game I ever saw him struggle with was cancelling j.D into green block for her short hops/crossups. Find a solution to that
(macros)
and I can't think of any legit ceiling you'll hit, if you're already proficient with pads.

The problem isn't that I think pad is worse, it's that I play everything on stick so pad feels super bad.

Tripon

Topanga B League:

-Fuudo
-Pugera
-Santarou
-Ninomae
-Dashio
-Nishikin
-Sasaki
-Pepeday
-Kawaguchi
-Mago
-Misse
-Gachikun
-Matsuri
-aiai
-Shiro
-MDR
-Hagejin
-two players from the online qualifiers

Jeez, making a run though that is like winning EVO.

One of the characteristics of topanga B league is showcasing character variety

Even though they have two sagat players

...so where da Elena's at?

Hopefully he wins the online tournament.

Who I think will make it out of the B-League:

Fuudo
Mago
Santarou (depending on how long the sets are)

Apparently he's a lot better than I thought he was :/

Aiai is a dark horse too, has a good chance if he can play solid and get these Feng Shui's off.
Misse.. I don't think will make it into the A league. I just don't feel Makoto is solid enough to make it too far.
Gachikun is another strong player but won't make it tbh.
Shiro has a good shot, but nah.
Sasaki, I would like to see him make it with Cody but.. it's Cody
Dashio has a good chance because it's Seth. Really depends on how solid he plays and minimizes on mistakes.
Pugera.. I just don't believe in him like others do tbh. He's really good but nah fam.
Ninomae had a better chance last year when Rose was still a bit of a mystery. Since most people know the matchup now his chances are a lot harder. He might be using Hugo as a secondary if you're allowed to have a secondary.
Nishikin can take Blanka as far as Blanka can take him, but no chance tbh.
Pepedai, as long as he doesn't have to go up against an Elena player then he's got a fair chance.
Matsuri's solid. Don't think she'll make it but it'd be nice to see her do well.
Kawaguchi, same thing with Ninomae, with Rose being a bit more figured out, he's going to have to play a lot more solid to get those wins.
Hagejin, apart from the Sagat's, he's got a chance against most of the characters in the B-League. Snake Eyez could probably make it to the A-League tbh.
MDR, I haven't really seen his Rufus play. He ain't Inco tho

Can't remember who -6 is, first I thought it was -R- but that's a different person.. then I thought it was patipawa or something who uses Guy.

no idea, needs more Galtu ElenaGawd

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Speak of Madcatz,

I'm still waiting for them to restock USF4 Fightstick for PS3/PS4. I'm not sure if anyone have any experience with the store. How often do they restock the store with nightstick?

...so where da Elena's at?

Hopefully he wins the online tournament.

Who I think will make it out of the B-League:

Fuudo
Mago
Santarou (depending on how long the sets are)

Apparently he's a lot better than I thought he was :/

You have to remember that Mago got 14th in last year's B League. I don't think he's a given to make it out. Fuudo has been getting bopped since last year's A League. I should have done a breakdown on the players.

-Fuudo (Finished dead last in last year's A League with a 3-8 record)
-Pugera (Finished in 10th in last year's A League)
-Santarou (Finished in 11th in last year's A League)
-Ninomae (Finished in 6th in last year's B League, but didn't win the playoff to get into A League)
-Dashio (Was in 2013 A League, but failed in his playoff against B League players to remain in A League)
-Nishikin (Finished in 7th in last year's B League)
-Sasaki (Finished in 8th in last year's B League)
-Pepeday (invite, failed to win the qualifier to get into last year's B League)
-Kawaguchi (invite)
-Mago (Finished in 14th in last year's B League)
-Misse (invite)
-Gachikun (invite)
-Matsuri (invite)
-aiai (invite)
-Shiro (invite)
-MDR (invite)
-6 (invite)
-Hagejin (invite)

*Important to note that the top 5 in last year's B League were Sako, Pugera, Santarou, Nemo, and Tokido.

Galtu might compete in the online qualifier to get into the B League. I know he's taking part in the 5v5 arcade tournament this weekend.

Tripon

Speak of Madcatz,

I'm still waiting for them to restock USF4 Fightstick for PS3/PS4. I'm not sure if anyone have any experience with the store. How often do they restock the store with nightstick?

Madcatz has a hard time keeping their PS4 sticks in stock. It's completely random. They have a new PS4 TE2 stick coming out in a couple months with Chun li art, which would probably be your best bet to get a new stick from them.

You have to remember that Mago got 14th in last year's B League. I don't think he's a given to make it out. Fuudo has been getting bopped since last year's A League. I should have done a breakdown on the players.

Galtu might compete in the online qualifier to get into the A League. I know he's taking part in the 5v5 arcade tournament this weekend.

Mago has gotten a lot stronger with Yang in the last year and it's clear. Same with how Daigo got bopped when he was learning Evil Ryu then came out strong as ever.

He might not be a given to make it out, but he's one of the best players out of that list.

What kind of online tournament are they holding to invite the last two players? Online tournament mode held on Topanga TV or a much larger tournament?

Mago has gotten a lot stronger with Yang in the last year and it's clear. Same with how Daigo got bopped when he was learning Evil Ryu then came out strong as ever.

He might not be a given to make it out, but he's one of the best players out of that list.

What kind of online tournament are they holding to invite the last two players? Online tournament mode held on Topanga TV or a much larger tournament?

64 player tournament divided into 8 blocks of 8 players. Each block is done using the online tournament mode found in the game. Winners of each block take part in a 2/3 (single elim?) with the finals being a 3/5.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Madcatz has a hard time keeping their PS4 sticks in stock. It's completely random. They have a new PS4 TE2 stick coming out in a couple months with Chun li art, which would probably be your best bet to get a new stick from them.

Thanks for the answer but I actually prefer USF4 one. I don't know why but I felt that Chun Li don't really click with me.

64 player tournament divided into 8 blocks of 8 players. Each block is done using the online tournament mode found in the game. Winners of each block take part in a 2/3 (single elim?) with the finals being a 3/5.

Who woulda thunk Tournament mode would actually get solid use. Now they just gotta add a 2/3 option in Ultimate SF4

Tripon

Thanks for the answer but I actually prefer USF4 one. I don't know why but I felt that Chun Li don't really click with me.
Yeah, me either. Madcatz will always have sticks to sell at tournaments that they are at, online and in person. MADCATZ is sponsoring TGS in Sept, and SCR and Canada Cup are the next big majors in October, so there should be sticks available by then.

WarRock

Thanks everyone for your comments!
I guess the best way to present so much information would be some sort of interactive website. That would require a lot more time/boredom on my side though. Would this actually be usefull information to some of you?

How did I never hear of a new Arcana title? Is that comming for nextgen? Can't find anything.
You wrote Soulcalibure 3 instead of Soul Calibur 3 and forgot its arcade edition. I'm not seeing games like Rise of Robots, Battle Fantasia, One Must Fall, Rival Schools, Asura Blade, Cyberbots, but dunno how ample you want your scope to be.

Oh, missing Guilty Gear Dust Strikers too, though I'm not sure you are counting console only spin offs/ports like GG X Advance, ____ Street Fighter ____ X Grand Master Challenge and the like.

Top Bottom