• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly |8/17-23| It was a little beta this time.

Nage wrote about the time he broke down from Guilty Gear. It's p great, lots to relate to.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sn9jqu

Some of the paragraphs are a little hard to read, so they it's hard to make sense of the text without proper context:

Dragging with you all of the various losses you experience throughout a game with you can negatively influence the flow of your matches. At this time, I started to strongly believe in thinking about the reasons why you lost after the match, and focusing on winning as a whole while playing.

Also, I started having confidence in that my choices will in fact work out for me. Originally I was mainly concerned with how to safely attain a good win rate, and without going that far, I continued to use moves that I viewed as safe options, together with an arrangement of bigger choices to be used in the heat of battle. Or, that was a way of thinking that started approaching.

Opening my eyes to the fact that such simple things can change the flow of the game in such a big game made me curious to try even more things out – ultimately leading me to enjoying the game again.

Otherwise it just sounds like dealing with mental stress is important.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Quite the opposite, that it's understandable that certain people won't accept certain things in Street Fighter. Whether it's a magical schoolgirls, technological agents, or green monsters.

So being silly, yeah I know I understand people like to fantasise about franchises they like. Headcanon is a term that exist for a reason, and yes I think those people need to stop mixing reality with it.

Prototype

I do it's fun to see people being butthurt over nothing, plus she's fun to play :p
For me, it feels like she doesn't belong in the SF universe, her design is, I don't know.. It doesn't seem to fit.

Would much rather see an all new character.

If she does make it in, It won't be the end of the world or anything, but I'll always wonder who else could have taken her spot in the starting line up.

I'm liking the news out of gamercon, Balrog and Akuma. Would be great to see how both of them transition to SF5.

Edit.

Sorry, my intention was not to mislead, people at the Convention were saying these are the 2 they'd like to see.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Her design is still simple enough to fit in SF. SF characters typically have a single theme they are designed around and exaggerated while not adding anything extra on.

If anything Necalli is out of place design wise since he's two visual designs in one

Skilletor

For me, it feels like she doesn't belong in the SF universe, her design is, I don't know.. It doesn't seem to fit.

Would much rather see an all new character.

If she does make it in, It won't be the end of the world or anything, but I'll always wonder who else could have taken her spot in the starting line up.

I'm liking the news out of gamercon, Balrog and Akuma. Would be great to see how both of them transition to SF5.

Wut?

Her design is still simple enough to fit in SF. SF characters typically have a single theme they are designed around and exaggerated while not adding anything extra on.

If anything Necalli is out of place design wise since he's two visual designs in one

That's the bread and butter of the whole discussion. X character doesn't fit within SF so they shouldn't be included where X is whatever character you don't like. It seems impossible for some to simply dislike a character, instead contrived reasoning must be provided in an attempt to justify why they shouldn't be included in the game period despite appearing in previous iterations. It brings back memories of all the rage and butthurt over GGXrd's new additions.

It's always fun to read about why Ryu shouldn't be included in the next Street Fighter game. You really get a breadth of opinions from roster threads.

I watched Topanga to confirm some details that weren't on twitter.

-20 players split up into 2 blocks of 10 players. They will try to avoid having blocks filled with the same character. So they'll split up Ninomae from Kawaguch and Santarou from Gachikun.
-A total of 90 matches will be played
-Winner of each block gets 100k yen so about $807, 2nd place of each block gets $403, 3rd place of each block gets $242. So the prize money doubled from last year and now 6 players will be receiving money as opposed to only the top 3 of the entire B League.

El Sloth

Banned
I think Ingrid is a pretty boring design. The only thing about her that stands out is her hair. I don't remember the way she played being all that interesting either, outside of the angled fireballs she lobs.

I would like to see them try to make her more unique in both appearance and play if they bring her back. Have fun with the concept.

Producer

I think Ingrid is a pretty boring design. The only thing about her that stands out is her hair. I don't remember the way she played being all that interesting either, outside of the angled fireballs she lobs.

I would like to see them try to make her more unique in both appearance and play if they bring her back. Have fun with the concept.

She has counters and an air tatsu of sorts, as of right now she'd be pretty unique in the SF5 cast.

That's the bread and butter of the whole discussion. X character doesn't fit within SF so they shouldn't be included where X is whatever character you don't like. It seems impossible for some to simply dislike a character, instead contrived reasoning must be provided in an attempt to justify why they shouldn't be included in the game period despite appearing in previous iterations. It brings back memories of all the rage and butthurt over GGXrd's new additions.

It's always fun to read about why Ryu shouldn't be included in the next Street Fighter game. You really get a breadth of opinions from roster threads.

Or some people just think she's a weird fit for the game. I wouldn't call my feelings on Ingrid "rage"

Village

I do it's fun to see people being butthurt over nothing, plus she's fun to play :p

He design is what bugs me, she could play the best way ever. She looks like someone drew a school girl and had decided she was god because fanfictioney reasons. I don't mind god characters, high powered characters or characters that think they are gods. What I don't like is her design , nothing invokes or says anything about what she is or does, she just a person in a weird school girl outfit. Rosalina looks super cool becuse she's the giant space woman in a mom dress that literally creates stars that turns into planet. If i would have started up mario galaxy and rosalina was some school girl with all that power, i would not have been as enamored with her as I am.

I'm not going to say anyone's character shouldn't be in anything, thats just mean. But i have never been fond of ingrid.

El Sloth

Banned
She has counters and an air tatsu of sorts, as of right now she'd be pretty unique in the SF5 cast.
Help me remember here, what sets her air tatsu apart from other air tatsus? I don't think she does anything that other potential characters (whom are more interesting to me) don't already do.
Or some people just think she's a weird fit for the game. I wouldn't call my feelings on Ingrid "rage"
My problems with her are actually that she's so generic that she could "fit" in any number of games without people blinking twice. I feel you could stick her in Tekken, KOF, or UNI and none of those fans would be like, "the fuck is this street fighter character doing here" and more like, "guess there's a white haired schoolgirl in the game now."

I would just want Capcom to have more fun with the original idea they were going for with her.

Anne

Some of the paragraphs are a little hard to read, so they it's hard to make sense of the text without proper context:

Otherwise it just sounds like dealing with mental stress is important.

I mean a lot of it is about dealing with stuff like that. Fighting games are intensely personal, and how you can think about yourself is a pretty big deal. I could go on for awhile about it but it's good stuff.

Let's be honest. Karin's laugh
mPAwvQa.gif
was the best out of all the ojousama characters. I'm not even into that bullshit and I like that laugh. The new VA will probably ruin it though. I just youtubed that laugh and the other ones sound horrible that I would turn into gaf's yoshi and break a stick. Nah I wouldn't do that, but still.

https://youtu.be/B1dpELgvTYw?t=27s

Rhapsody

Banned
Let's be honest. Karin's laugh
mPAwvQa.gif
was the best out of all the ojousama characters. I'm not even into that bullshit and I like that laugh. The new VA will probably ruin it though. I just youtubed that laugh and the other ones sound horrible that I would turn into gaf's yoshi and break a stick. Nah I wouldn't do that, but still.

https://youtu.be/B1dpELgvTYw?t=27s

Tron had a pretty good oujo-sama laugh. What a poverty oujo-sama lol

Producer

Help me remember here, what sets her air tatsu apart from other air tatsus? I don't think she does anything that other potential characters (whom are more interesting to me) don't already do.

Mainly her light version being vertical and doing multiple hits, her heavy ver. can also be used to escape situations since it travels really far. Maybe other characters can do some of her stuff, whatever, i just think she is fun to play.

pixelish

if there's ever going to be a scottish character in the SF series, he/she needs to be a oni-esque devilish character named mogwai.

I feel the same way! Maybe its because I don't know any Vega fans/mains.

Players change mains with each new SF so although right now the only notable Vega players are Reiketsu, Sasa, and Zeus, that will list will increase in SFV and those players will probably change characters altogether. Nemo has already said out of the characters announced he wants to use Vega the most. Vega going away from charge will play a big part in that.

mbpm1

Vega reveal seemed to signal that a lot of old cast is coming back. Hope the next char signals something else

Top Bottom