• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly |8/17-23| It was a little beta this time.

Perro

I already have Ryu and Birdie, I don't mind if the other characters are not my style. There's always DLC characters.

CO_Andy

Why is Cap so stingy to pay for the rights to the EX characters? If they can pay for Pro Tour events then they can pay for a few characters. Don't think they'd anger too many folks either if they crowdfunded it.

I-hate-u

I want to salt from the fall out from those two not being to feed me. Nothing about my prediction failing or not.

People could say the same for Juri you know.

Personally? She is overrated, and I'd rather someone else take her spot.

Edit:
Someone like Cody

Shackzam

As long as no Mika and Karen and we get Juri we walk alright. :E
Dota2_ShakeHead.gif

I'm not a big fan of Karin but I do think her moveset will work really well for SFV's animation style now that they can animate individual muscles realistically. Should look great on a more grounded martial arts character.

pizzacat

Banned
Saying you want Mika and Karin is like saying "I want those two guys in the crowd at the intro of SF2"

2955204287_620b55f4a1.jpg

MJyfsWm.jpg

And if you disagree I will stick you like blondies doing over here

lol

notworksafe

This new Vega looks awesome! Stance changes, command throw, and being a motion character all combine to make me really interested in checking him out

Saying you want Mika and Karin is like saying "I want those two guys in the crowd at the intro of SF2"

2955204287_620b55f4a1.jpg

MJyfsWm.jpg

And if you disagree I will stick you like blondies doing over here

lol

Those two guys are in SF tho

notworksafe

Hat guy with moustache and guy with glasses? Which sf? Are they shotos

I was gonna make a joke about them being the cruise ship crowd in SF4 but now I'm too lazy to go through with it. Just pretend I posted some screenshots with people circled in them.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";175957188]I'm not a big fan of Karin but I do think her moveset will work really well for SFV's animation style now that they can animate individual muscles realistically. Should look great on a more grounded martial arts character.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm not going to use Karin, but I think her moveset is interesting and I want Mago and whoever else is a fan of her to be happy with their main.

I just want to use my boy Urien

I like Ingrid. She feels like a school girl from another era in her design, kinda like she's a time traveller or a person with godlike power.

That's exactly what she is anyway, right? Plus I'd rather have her than the overrated Karin.

Edit: IMO

I like Ingrid. She feels like a school girl from another era in her design, kinda like she's a time traveller or a person with godlike power.

That's exactly what she is anyway, right? Plus I'd rather have her than the overrated Karin.

So one of the most powerful characters is a schoolgirl. Sounds like anime to me.

ShinMaruku

In a way that's exactly what she is. She's a powerful being from the stars. Hinted to be the sf univeres' god. :p

shaowebb

Ingrid in SFV?

9uKkaQh.gif
g7iH1NN.gif
Rqk9OiK.gif
tEran6l.gif
q8I4gsD.gif
bjZTgwN.gif
gg21x4c.gif
AaiV2Ja.gif
OwazTLs.gif
kltIQvV.gif

Oh we full anime now :p
Good. Maybe after awhile with this on the SFV roster folks will be more open to playing other fighters out there like Under Night in Birth, Aquapazza, Blaz Blue, Arcana Heart, Koihime Musou, Dengeki Bunko and Daemon Bride.

There's a LOT of really good fighting game experiences out there to be had right now. Folks just can't get past the hurtle of anime being in so many of them lol.

If you hadn't seen Ingrid before could you honestly tell whether she was from Street Fighter or Arcana Heart?

Top Bottom