• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly |8/17-23| It was a little beta this time.

I just think people are being dumb as fuck in general when it comes to begging for characters to not be in SF5. Playstyles need to be filled in and until playstyles get filled in any character that has those styles and similar movesets has a good chance.

Vega was good because he's very unique and they made him even more unique.

If Balrog got in I wouldn't count Q anytime soon.

If Ingrid got in I wouldn't count Poison or Rose anytime soon.

If Urien got in I wouldn't count Oro or Gouken any time soon.

If Guile or even Sagat got in I wouldn't count Remy anytime soon.

If Dhalsim got in I wouldn't count Necro anytime soon.

If Fei Long got in I wouldn't count Poison or Karin anytime soon and so on.

Having characters people like is always an important thing at the same time having characters people can fit into specially if they are newcomers is important as well.

Necro can burn in a hot trash fire. No one wants a Stretchy Blanka.

shaowebb

That's the case for a lot of people, Arcana Heart won't ever find a larger market with its character designs. Minori looks fun, but they went with more fanservice than ever with her design.

Yup. Theres a reason I used a URL link instead of an image with her lol. She's got Yamazaki grab and drag people grabs though. I'm probably gonna try to use her for that reason alone. For now though I'm really enjoying Dorothy. So many setups and loops off of cards. I'm kind of curious what the Love Arcana might do for her given it adds beams, a homing ball and in X Factor it gives cancels. Might be redundant with all her current stuff though. I could always be a douchebag and see what happens if someone with a DP as good as hers gains hyper armor with an arcana lol.

Mecha

Yup. Theres a reason I used a URL link instead of an image with her lol. She's got Yamazaki grab and drag people grabs though. I'm probably gonna try to use her for that reason alone. For now though I'm really enjoying Dorothy. So many setups and loops off of cards. I'm kind of curious what the Love Arcana might do for her given it adds beams, a homing ball and in X Factor it gives cancels. Might be redundant with all her current stuff though. I could always be a douchebag and see what happens if someone with a DP as good as hers gains hyper armor with an arcana lol.

When did you start playing AH? I remember importing 3 and playing it for a bit, back when homing cancel was a thing (RIP).

Shouta

I would welcome Ingrid for SF5, we need more KOF chars in SF and her moveset should work fine in the game.

And did I read my twitter, is Keiko streaming for Madcatz using that new twitch team functionality? lol Kiwi has been busy!

Here's what I don't get. People throwing out vitriol for Vega but there's none for green leotard girl. Her playstyle in 5 isn't even inspired.
I'm definitely not a fan of Cammy, but she was popular enough that I expected her to be included in the game... So really fighting the tide. I'm fine with Vega, but I expected he'd be dlc..

jbug617

Banned
It's finally happening.

@PerfectLegend: FT10 $100 Summer Jam @SonicFox5000 enough talking. See you soon

@SonicFox5000: @PerfectLegend Alright. Ft 10
Winner character/variation locked
Any character
Ill body your shit lol

PL started it once again

Skilletor

Here's what I don't get. People throwing out vitriol for Vega but there's none for green leotard girl. Her playstyle in 5 isn't even inspired.

It's really quite simple:

I like this character, so it's cool that they're in.

I don't like this character, what a waste of a slot.

shaowebb

When did you start playing AH? I remember importing 3 and playing it for a bit, back when homing cancel was a thing (RIP).

After I saw Dorothy at EVO and got curious enough to pick it up and really dig deep into what was there. Game is crazy with all its customization options per character. Plus with all the homing dash cancels everyone is Magneto to some degree. I'm trying to learn the rhythms of combos and teching right now and feeling my way through the cast and arcana choices.

So far I like playing Dorothy a lot, dabble here and there with the rest of the cast and enjoy using the Love, Sin , Plant, and Magnetism Arcanas.

When Six Stars hits it really deserves a legitimate OT explaining its mechanics and toolset. Also Gifs...LOTS of gifs. I've been making so many to showcase just how many setups and pressure options I've seen people use lately. Combos are neat and all that but show folks the mind games and it clicks better IMO.

Village

Necro can burn in a hot trash fire. No one wants a Stretchy Blanka.

But I like Him!

All he wanna do is put out his mixtape and get rich

Look he already posin for it

IeJ9viB.jpg

Man: How many of you kids would like Street Fighter to deal with real-life problems, like the ones you face every day?

Fans: [clamoring] Oh, yeah! I would! Great idea! Yeah, that's it!

Man: And who would like to see them do just the opposite -- getting into far-out situations involving robots and magic powers?

Fans: [clamoring] Me! Yeah! Oh, cool! Yeah, that's what I want!

Man: So, you want a realistic, down-to-earth roster...that's completely off-the-wall and swarming with magic robots?

Fans: [all agreeing, quieter this time] That's right. Oh yeah, good.

maybe instead of adding cute girls like ingrid and karin to compete with Tekken and Arcana Heart, they could add male characters who are actually cool and badass like MKX has

:^)

vulva

Man: How many of you kids would like Street Fighter to deal with real-life problems, like the ones you face every day?

Man: And who would like to see them do just the opposite -- getting into far-out situations involving robots and magic powers?

Man: So, you want a realistic, down-to-earth roster...that's completely off-the-wall and swarming with magic robots?

And we should win stuff by playing

Mecha

After I saw Dorothy at EVO and got curious enough to pick it up and really dig deep into what was there. Game is crazy with all its customization options per character. Plus with all the homing dash cancels everyone is Magneto to some degree. I'm trying to learn the rhythms of combos and teching right now and feeling my way through the cast and arcana choices.

So far I like playing Dorothy a lot, dabble here and there with the rest of the cast and enjoy using the Love, Sin , Plant, and Magnetism Arcanas.

When Six Stars hits it really deserves a legitimate OT explaining its mechanics and toolset. Also Gifs...LOTS of gifs. I've been making so many to showcase just how many setups and pressure options I've seen people use lately. Combos are neat and all that but show folks the mind games and it clicks better IMO.

Do you live anywhere with a scene? A place near here has Street Fighter and GG, but not a lot of "poverty" games outside of some old games like World Heroes Perfect. Maybe they will add stuff like UNiB and AH once new releases come out.

you kids are stupid. that's why you're kids

YoungOne

You know I was meh on Ingrid before but that vid and description Q posted I want her in. Bonus for all the salt it would cause.

shaowebb

Do you live anywhere with a scene? A place near here has Street Fighter and GG, but not a lot of "poverty" games outside of some old games like World Heroes Perfect. Maybe they will add stuff like UNiB and AH once new releases come out.

WV. Nearest scene "claims" to play other stuff, but all they do is hover around Smash bros all day every single time I show no matter how much they enjoy talking about other fighters. Kind of hard for me to start any scenes for stuff myself given my erratic power plant shifts and the fact that my apartment has paper thin walls and I get bitched at for walking sometimes. Wish the venue with all the smashers actually lived up to their flyers and played any other games...most fun I have is putting up bounties to screw with matches. I put up a cash bounty for anyone who could go to last stocks as Ganondorf to win via air flame choke suiciding. Pull it off and get paid, but whif and you lose lol. Made for some fun shenanigans.

I'd love to have a strong and diverse venue to hit semi regularly. Heck I can't even find communities for Arcana Heart 3 to try and set up stuff with. Best I found was a dead Dustloop area.

You know I was meh on Ingrid before but that vid and description Q posted I want her in. Bonus for all the salt it would cause.
I didn't know much about her either, but she could open the SF universe up a bit. Maybe would could actually get some unearthly character representation. Somehow I think they'd make for more interesting bosses than strangely colored men in tight underwear. Also, we can retcon Q as an alien agent.

Clawww

I hope haunts is satisfied with all the goddamn Ingrid posts

just a false flag to move discussion away from OG white list Beta thirst madness

Seyavesh

I didn't know much about her either, but she could open the SF universe up a bit. Maybe would could actually get some unearthly character representation. Somehow I think they'd make for more interesting bosses than strangely colored men in tight underwear. Also, we can retcon Q as an alien agent.

2gJePR6.jpg

Even as someone who loves alien/monster/demon characters, this isn't something I want for Street Fighter. The game has its origins, and I appreciate it staying near those origins. We don't want Pyron and the Darkstalkers team to make appearances. Ingrid isn't the kind of character I want in the game. I think the proper cutoff point is mysticism throughout human culture.

The question is: what forms of human mysticism aren't yet represented in the game that could spice things up? Taking the game all the way to otherworldly beings just makes those otherworldly beings lame. UMvC3 is even too lame for characters like Magneto and Dormammu to be contained within. You can't accurately represent a god or alien in a game as limited as Street Fighter.

Mecha

WV. Nearest scene "claims" to play other stuff, but all they do is hover around Smash bros all day every single time I show no matter how much they enjoy talking about other fighters. Kind of hard for me to start any scenes for stuff myself given my erratic power plant shifts and the fact that my apartment has paper thin walls and I get bitched at for walking sometimes. Wish the venue with all the smashers actually lived up to their flyers and played any other games...most fun I have is putting up bounties to screw with matches. I put up a cash bounty for anyone who could go to last stocks as Ganondorf to win via air flame choke suiciding. Pull it off and get paid, but whif and you lose lol. Made for some fun shenanigans.

I'd love to have a strong and diverse venue to hit semi regularly. Heck I can't even find communities for Arcana Heart 3 to try and set up stuff with. Best I found was a dead Dustloop area.

Yeah the dustloop forum for Arcana Heart is pretty dead. I have a feeling UNiB will soon be in a similar situation until the port for Late[st] is announced. UNiB is very lucky to have a lot of support from Arcsys.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
SF3 threw away being down to earth when they had Fruit by the Foot Jesus be the last boss that froze people with ice, made meteor showers happen and grew fucking angel wings. Oh and he comes back to life after he dies.

shaowebb

Even as someone who loves alien/monster/demon characters, this isn't something I want for Street Fighter. The game has its origins, and I appreciate it staying near those origins. We don't want Pyron and the Darkstalkers team to make appearances. Ingrid isn't the kind of character I want in the game. I think the proper cutoff point is mysticism throughout human culture.

The question is: what forms of human mysticism aren't yet represented in the game that could spice things up? Taking the game all the way to otherworldly beings just makes those otherworldly beings lame. UMvC3 is even too lame for characters like Magneto and Dormammu to be contained within. You can't accurately represent a god or alien in a game as limited as Street Fighter.

Meh...do her backstory like Ultimate's Thor then. She thinks she's an alien and everyone else just thinks she's an unstable crazy person who happens to harbor a lot of power. The latter is why they humor their delusions because it may be dangerous to disturb a crazy person with power. You never really have to confirm one way or another if they are an alien or if they are really just a crazy person because its more exciting not to.

Done. Easy as that.
Yeah the dustloop forum for Arcana Heart is pretty dead. I have a feeling UNiB will soon be in a similar situation until the port for Late[st] is announced. UNiB is very lucky to have a lot of support from Arcsys.

Is there any actual forum or anything for Arcana Heart? I have no clue how that scene could ever get organized without some kind of online meeting place.

Top Bottom