• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly |8/17-23| It was a little beta this time.

Clawww

6hFAm4r.png

moonzzzzzzz

Zissou

Didnt even know this was a thing. It seems like there is no reason not to utilize it, but with how different sides prioritize different slots i'm not sure if people will bother taking advantage.

No reason not to use it, but it has pretty marginal benefits and you have to memorize four different scenarios (though realistically, everyone plays on xbox), so some players might just be too lazy to start implementing it.

So it's going to be called the Maluk Shield?

Yeah- on twitter, Cross specifically credited Maluk and said to call it the Maluk shield.

Essay

That means TSB is rip too doesn't it

I'd be surprised, and assume TSB have their own bridge with Next Level and get to decide themselves whether to burn it or not.

EDIT: Assuming there's even something left at the other side of the bridge after this split. :-/

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
satire, how does it work

Nothing to talk about.

Random FGW regulars taking bans probably doesn't help either.
Random, though?

Yeah. The CEO went on the Daily Dot show and basically said the fallout from that made his investor pull out.

https://youtu.be/2juudxgJORQ

Starts around the 10 minute mark.
I've never heard of this league before, was it big? (gonna watch a bit later)

Onemic

Henry is leaving NextLevel, and spooky is leaving as well, so no more NLBC at NextLevel at least, don't know if they have another venue they can go

ooooh right, that's a good guess

wat. Why is Henry leaving?

I guess we'll only have Churning the Butter now

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wait, is Sp00ky confirmed to be working with Twitch? Didn't he say he wouldn't take a streaming job if it meant he had to move away from NYC?

Man, imagining SFV without a big NYC weekly pushing it is crazy. This really is like SFIV all over again.

Anyone else get LostConfused and LostFragment mixed up sometimes
I do all the time.

Tripon

Already 9 characters revealed.

So confirmed character reveals:
The Brazilian Gameshow

Likely reveal:

Pax Prime
Tokyo Game Show
GameStop expo
Capcom Cup/PSX

So that's 14 characters at the end of 2015. Leaving 2 character reveals before the game ships in March 2016.

The Brazilian Gameshow

Likely reveal:

Pax Prime
Tokyo Game Show
GameStop expo
Capcom Cup/PSX

So that's 14 characters at the end of 2015. Leaving 2 character reveals before the game ships in March 2016.
They will want us to test everyone in a beta.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

The Brazilian Gameshow

Likely reveal:

Pax Prime
Tokyo Game Show
GameStop expo
Capcom Cup/PSX

We'll probably get the first DLC announced before launch too.

Kind of surreal how rapid fire this is. Or at least it feels like that it's that way even though there's a month between reveals.

Norcal company
So it could be almost any tech company? Isn't Capcom in Norcal too?

Random, though?
I wasn't looking to get anyone banned, if I have problems I just use the ignore feature and move on.

FGW is a low traffic thread mainly filled with regulars. Losing any single poster probably has a noticeable impact especially during slow news weeks.

The Brazilian Gameshow

Likely reveal:

Pax Prime
Tokyo Game Show
GameStop expo
Capcom Cup/PSX

They don't necessarily need to save character releases as they have yet to reveal story mode and possible other details of the game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
what about Bum tho

More seriously, I'm just glad to see Sp00ky finally getting some better stability and hopefully still being a part of the community. Dude has worked too hard to get a placement of this sort. Hopefully Art eventually does too (aside from the usual gigs he gets).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Art and Bum should face off for the spot.

Best 2 out of 3 rounds with 3 different games. One will be SF, one will be Marvel, and one will be a game nobody plays like VF or something.

smurfx

get some go again
sucks that spooky is leaving but i'm really happy he was hopefully able to land a good job out of his efforts. if anybody deserves it it's him.

Top Bottom