• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly |8/17-23| It was a little beta this time.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hey guys.. quick question:
Should I buy Street Fighter x Tekken or (Vanilla)MvC3? I like Street Fighter characters and love Tekken characters while I'm not really into Marvel at all. I'm not looking to get into the competetive side or anything, just looking for something fun.

SFxT then.

Learning tekken. You have to input so much shit just to move in a mildly efficient manner. Def not intuitive like vf. It's fun tho.

Other differences between this and vf (which is my only reference point for 3d games) is that it seems more linear and more punish centric.

What are you talking about? VF movement system is awful compared to Tekken. VF is way more linear than Tekken till T7 when they nerfed the crap out of SS.

petghost

Banned
What are you talking about? VF movement system is awful compared to Tekken. VF is way more linear than Tekken till T7 when they nerfed the crap out of SS.

Why you gotta to cancel backdash with sidestep to get another backdash out? That shit is weird and I finally understand why the chars look twitchy as hell when I see good players playing at neutral. Maybe the movement system is more open and varied than vf at a high level or something but it's straight obtuse compared to it.

Also from what I've seen strings track way better in tekken than in vf so sidestep doesn't seem as common as an evasive move is in vf. Evasive moves beat basically everything except for full circulars or half circulars in the right direction. Whatever i could be wrong but I ain't seeing nearly as much lateral movement in match videos.

alstein

VF's movement system is logical compared to Tekken.

Half-circs screw over a few chars who have crappy anti-evade in one direction though.

Onemic

He goes to the SoCal majors at least and Evo. His results are what you'd probably expect.

It's not only because Snake eyes is sponsored now, it's also because his current girlfriend is Asian. According to him Snake Eyes shouldnt be able to get with a good looking Asian girl because he's an ugly black dude. Only reason she's with him/allowed to be with him(because 100% of Asians are greedy racists) is because of his sponsorship.

The thirst/salt/jealousy of the dude is too real

ShinMaruku

Poor LTG. I can't believe that man said Snake Eyez has a asian girl because of sponsorship.

I wonder what girl turned him down.

mbpm1

I just watched James Chen play Rising Thunder and this is the first time I've bothered to look at RT.

It looks fun, but way too SF4

jerry1594

Keiko is partnered with Madcatz

It's not only because Snake eyes is sponsored now, it's also because his current girlfriend is Asian. According to him Snake Eyes shouldnt be able to get with a good looking Asian girl because he's an ugly black dude. Only reason she's with him/allowed to be with him(because 100% of Asians are greedy racists) is because of his sponsorship.

Snake Eyez is handsome though. I honestly don't believe LTG is a real person. It's an act created to draw attention.

Sheroking

Rising Thunder being "SF4" explains why I just randomly decided to try it for the first time, spent 5 mintues in training mode and went 90 minutes without losing (after losing my first two matches).

Should I buy Street Fighter x Tekken or (Vanilla)MvC3? I like Street Fighter characters and love Tekken characters while I'm not really into Marvel at all. I'm not looking to get into the competetive side or anything, just looking for something fun.

As much as I can't stand SFxT visually, it really is so much fun. If you can get over the visual style - or even line it - absolutely go for it.

Vice

That doesn't surprise me after the Free Gucci video https://youtu.be/k_ozvbOO-dQ

Seyavesh

sfxt, easily
char love is very important, especially when playing from a noncompetitive standpoint

Numb

3D brethren join hands against the 2D horde instead of having internal strife.
They are many and we are but few.

Dahbomb

+1 to Snake Eyes being a handsome dude with a great smile while LTG being a salty hater. Not to say that LTG is bad looking himself but come on now, why do you have to comment on people personally like that?

This is yet another grudge match LTG will never win.

Numb

I play tons of 3D, it's why I dislike Tekken's movement so much. :p

Tekken movement clicked with me a long time ago so i don't know how it feels like without it. Although i still know it is very crazy plus it being the pillar of the gameplay adds to it being very high level excution and usefullness. Compared to any tournament player i might aswell not move with my level still. Tekken 6 Alisa bodied me so hard with just movement i still feel it today. Other thing being that inputting the Tekken movement commands is way way higher on average compared to anything else i played.

Skilletor

Tekken movement clicked with me a long time ago so i don't know how it feels like without it. Although i still know it is very crazy plus it being the pillar of the gameplay adds to it being very high level excution and usefullness. Compared to any tournament player i might aswell not move with my level still. Tekken 6 Alisa bodied me so hard with just movement i still feel it today. Other thing being that inputting the Tekken movement commands is way way higher on average compared to anything else i played.

I've been playing Tekken since 2. I understand the movement. I get that it takes skill and yadayadayada, but of the things I think that should take skill in a fighting game, movement is at the very bottom of the barrel. Movement should be the most natural thing in a fighting game.

I know Tekken players love it and don't want it to change. I just say hold dat waning userbase and have fun KBDing against 10 people.

I've been playing Tekken since 2. I understand the movement. I get that it takes skill and yadayadayada, but of the things I think that should take skill in a fighting game, movement is at the very bottom of the barrel. Movement should be the most natural thing in a fighting game.

I know Tekken players love it and don't want it to change. I just say hold dat waning userbase and have fun KBDing against 10 people.

do you also hate Smash and KOF

Numb

Even the slight nerf of the movement in Tekken 7 totally rubbed me wrong. I love the movement and how crazy it can get.
Down for the actual execution getting easier tho and can get behind that.

El Sloth

Banned
Are you saying it's hard to move in Smash? Nothing is more instinctual.

Hops in Smash are literally done the same way you hop in Mario games. Or do you think Mario games have difficult controls, too?
Aren't dudes having hand health problems in Melee? Because of the "claw" they need to do for wave dashing and all that? That seems to be on another level than other games

Numb

Probably been playing Melee for 15yrs.

Usually hear Tekken being crazy due to the the amount of characters and super long command lists and not alot about the movement which i thought was weird.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Damn that really sucks about NLBC. Been watching that shit since forever. Since Spooky streamed a pirate copy of SSF4 like a week before release and then started streaming tournies at CTF.

Honestly though at this point in his life, instead of him getting a new streaming gig at a new venue, I'd prefer if Spooky and Arturo moved on to something more stable. Hope he gets hired by Twitch or something. Either you die young, or live long enough to become a Twitchcop.

Top Bottom