• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly |8/17-23| It was a little beta this time.

notworksafe

Namco isn't worth paying attention to anymore. They're on their own timetable and clearly don't have much interest in western Tekken.

They'll announce T7 for end of 2016 or early 2017 and no one will care because they took so damn long again.

Numb

What a bunch of pricks. They want that arcade bucks. In this day and age where arcades are nothing beyond Japan. Let's pretend the internet doesn't exist and console players won't know this game exist till we release it for them.Pricks.

notworksafe

It bums me out even more because T7 is really good. The time I spent with it at EVO made me so much more excited to play it whenever it does come out. But you compare their strategy of say nothing and hope people stay excited to what Capcom is doing with their beta (execution is poor yes, but the idea is solid) and it shows that Namco just doesn't get it.

It bums me out even more because T7 is really good. The time I spent with it at EVO made me so much more excited to play it whenever it does come out. But you compare their strategy of say nothing and hope people stay excited to what Capcom is doing with their beta (execution is poor yes, but the idea is solid) and it shows that Namco just doesn't get it.
I don't think they care tbh, it's not a case of not getting it.

Numb

Namco living in the stone age with those plans.
Would be cool atleast if they brought the machines here like they did in the US. They did one time with Tag 2 because of some game website that pushed it.

BadWolf

They do get it in the sense that they know where they make more money.

Capcom makes more money on console with SF so they focus way more on that side of things. For Tekken it's the opposite.

They do get it in the sense that they know where they make more money.

Capcom makes more money on console with SF so they focus way more on that side of things. For Tekken it's the opposite.

Well they sure aren't going to make that big console money if they treat it like this =/

(;´Д`)

CM8GuoRUAAAqJki.jpg

alstein

Namco living in the stone age with those plans.
Would be cool atleast if they brought the machines here like they did in the US. They did one time with Tag 2 because of some game website that pushed it.

It seems most of the Japanese companies that rely on arcade revenue are that way. Arcsys is just as bad.

Tripon

I know why Spooky is leaving, but what happened with Henry?
Henry and Nick Chan (co-owner) had a falling out and doesn't want to work together anymore. With the lease also not going to renew, they are closing up shop instead of finding a new place.

I don't think Namco is living in the stone age at all. They tested the F2P model and were almost the first to do so, and when I talked to Harada about the series last year, he said he knows that Tekken may not appeal to a knew audience and that the series might need to rethink itself. A few months before the interview I did with him, someone told me that the new Tekken was not numbered and that it was a reboot. I was surprised when I saw they were making Tekken 7 in the end.

So to me Tekken 7 is just an episode to transition to a reboot of the series that will come later. They are testing a lot of stuff like a 3rd party engine (first time in 20 years), trying to keep the Tekken feel while making it simple to play, new mechanics, new type of character designs, closing the Mishima story... All this looks to me as a test to try to appeal to new audiences and see what makes people talk about the game while also doing engineering and gathering experience for the team.

If that's the case publishing Tekken 7 on consoles is not a full priority to them. Putting an arcade version was maybe a way to gain more time to think the next episode and, as the work that had to be done to try new things did cost money, to have a return on investment. They will put it on consoles later once they are finished adding characters to the arcade version and when the timeframe is ok. Tag 2 came out the same year as VF5, DOA5 and SC5. They probably want to avoid this again and they also have Tekken X Street Fighter to publish.

I was thinking about the fightstick situation on wiiu

hopefully pokken supports the Smash gamecube adapter so there's a wired option for tourneys

Grakl

In case yall didn't know, Spooky, Jwong and Noel Brown are going to be at Boston's weekly tonight at Game Underground. You (should) be able to check it out at twitch.tv/gameunderground

K.Sabot

Alright I created my insanely specific and impractical SFV combo that everyone will have to attribute to me for the next 8 years, I have completed my goal for SFV.

Clawww

I don't think Namco is living in the stone age at all. They tested the F2P model and were almost the first to do so, and when I talked to Harada about the series last year, he said he knows that Tekken may not appeal to a knew audience and that the series might need to rethink itself. A few months before the interview I did with him, someone told me that the new Tekken was not numbered and that it was a reboot. I was surprised when I saw they were making Tekken 7 in the end.

So to me Tekken 7 is just an episode to transition to a reboot of the series that will come later. They are testing a lot of stuff like a 3rd party engine (first time in 20 years), trying to keep the Tekken feel while making it simple to play, new mechanics, new type of character designs, closing the Mishima story... All this looks to me as a test to try to appeal to new audiences and see what makes people talk about the game while also doing engineering and gathering experience for the team.

If that's the case publishing Tekken 7 on consoles is not a full priority to them. Putting an arcade version was maybe a way to gain more time to think the next episode and, as the work that had to be done to try new things did cost money, to have a return on investment. They will put it on consoles later once they are finished adding characters to the arcade version and when the timeframe is ok. Tag 2 came out the same year as VF5, DOA5 and SC5. They probably want to avoid this again and they also have Tekken X Street Fighter to publish.

yeah, I'm definitely very interested in Namco's post-Tekken 7 output. They've been up to a lot.

AAK

So moral of the story is that Namco is saying to just wait for Tekken 8 for them to start putting some effort in the series again??

shaowebb

Arcana Heart 3 Love Max on the PSN Flash Sale for $7.50

You've all heard me promoting this thing lately after discovering how big a sand box it was for customizing characters, combo options, and mixups insanity. If you want to try out what its like to have:

• homing dashes
  • homing dash cancels on everything (magneto=whole roster)
  • The ability to add several passive moves, several specials, stat modifiers, supers, and ultras to a character by selecting a single arcana
  • The ability to customize your xfactor bonus also by selecting that arcana

Then please do try the game. The anime is full effect...I wont lie to you on that. Its waifu wars for certain, but the options are just insane.

Got a rushdown character and you'd like to give em special cancels, homing orbs and a beam? Sure...love arcana.
Got a grappler and want to have Tager magnetism? Yup...magnetic arcana.
Want a Jojo style stand? Want the ability to swap screen positions? How bout Hyper Armor? Extra air actions? The ability to accelerate your movement and play with the clock?

Its all in this game. Its the cost of a decent combo meal at a fast food joint now. You'll easily get your money's worth in more in the lab and in the online. Its fun as fuck for solo or casuals and if you're fortunate enough for some scene folk to play you its amazing. I urge folks to at least try it to discover all the crazy options and movesets that it makes posisble. Its a unique fighter that is super fast and good. Tons of stuff.

vB4ZrHw.gif
(those kunai can be triggered at will to fly upward BTW :D)
lFUR9oE.gif

gSPCj4v.gif

sEj43gZ.gif

(triple akuma fireball that stays on ground to become a trap at 5 cards, into the same thing to trigger trap, into the equivalent of Lariat, Inescapable in corner)

iYqzEz0.gif

(goin ham lol, low multihitting trap cards sent out everywhere, while triple akuma fireball trap cards setup 5 card traps as multiple projectiles are fired :0)

Insane tourney in japan on the new title Arcana Heart 3 Love Max Six Stars to get an idea on how the series plays at high level

Enjoy.

I've been eyeing Arcana Hearts 3 for a while, but the fact that there's a new version out in Japan makes me hesitant. Specially with the rocky releases in US.

I've been eyeing Arcana Hearts 3 for a while, but the fact that there's a new version out in Japan makes me hesitant. Specially with the rocky releases in US.

A console release of Six Stars... might not be coming at all. They seem to be focusing on Nitro Blasters on that front.

For $7.50 you can't really go wrong with Love Max.

shaowebb

A console release of Six Stars... might not be coming at all. They seem to be focusing on Nitro Blasters on that front.

For $7.50 you can't really go wrong with Love Max.

Agreed. Pick it up and have some fun. If you're a fan of fighting games as a genre then believe me you will have fun with it. Theres a lot of crazy stuff to explore in movesets even before goin mad scientist with all the arcanas.

Feel free to browse the AH3 Love Max area of this guide to just see what all exists in movesets and as things you can equip with each Arcana.
(The Arcana stuff is absolutely nuts considering it can be put on ANY moveset...)

Traps, Stands, disjointed hitboxes, Polimar style Glyph stocks used for canceling, projectiles you can mash at max distance for extra hits, projectiles that ricochet off the visible screen borders...just tons of stuff to have fun with.

Well worth the single digit price of admission. :)

Top Bottom