• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly |8/17-23| It was a little beta this time.

ORZ_thumb%25255B5%25255D.jpg

Uh, Yun's MP/HP Shoulder in Genei Jin doesn't seem to launch hits against Poison. Is this a known issue? I'm playing on PC if that matters. I was practicing crossup LP shoulder xx genei jin combos but if shoulder doesn't connect fully I can't launch my opponent after the super cancel.

I want to play Pokken after watching the PWC and various match vids on Youtube.

What I want more than playing Pokken is learning it's system mechanics. Those tweets from Justin Wong weren't cutting it. I want to learn what, when, where and why.

Tripon

I want to play Pokken after watching the PWC and various match vids on Youtube.

What I want more than playing Pokken is learning it's system mechanics. Those tweets from Justin Wong weren't cutting it. I want to learn what, when, where and why.
I'm sure Pokken will be added to the con circuit like PAX, Comic Con NY, etc. After this, and you will see a lot more tutorials released for systems, plus characters.

Marz

Valk is more free flowing. More damage as well.

Tao is more spazzy with a bit less control on how you can fling her around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVGKTcUPb9s

Not really. Tao's pressure's pretty good compared to regular Valkenhayn. Valk in wolf form though, some of the best mixups in the game.
In Extend he's a lot stronger than Tao, but he definitely has that learning curve.

They are two completely different characters. The only thing they have in common is they are both animals and they both have movement creep.

Valk is a contender for best char in the game, his neutral is much more about flying at people and then he has un-reactable high low mix up for days. His goal is to fly at you, convert into knockdown, run unblockable mix up.

Tao's neutral is a lot more abou ther trying to put herself over somebody's head and is a bit more subdued, she just tries to move until somebody falls into a situation like that. Once Tao makes you block, she doesn't really actively mix you up like that. She has a fuzzy guard loop on standing opponents which is bullshit, but once you're downbacking it's just pressure. Her pressure is insane in the fact she can basically reset it at will, but she's either trying to hit you for escaping or throwing. Her overhead is super slow, but it's + on block and leads to a fun mix up on RC.

Two very different characters that just both have exceptional movement and conversions. Their gameplans and style of play are really different.

Oh ok, it's kind of hard to tell, I guess you have to know what you're looking for. They both seem to have super strong mixups.

Anne

Oh ok, it's kind of hard to tell, I guess you have to know what you're looking for. They both seem to have super strong mixups.

Tao's mix up is just different. Outside of the fuzzy guard loop (which is a low risk low reward venture anyways) she won't do like high/low to you. Like, I said, her pressure is just insane. She has gatlings like 5B > 5A, jump cancel on 5C, cat hop, and all he stuff is fast enough to let her just reset pressure when she wants. The actual mix up is going to come when you decide to just block her and she does stuff like jump cancel > delayed overheads, TRM set ups, 6B or 6B > RC, etc. Other than that she'll hit you for trying to escape cause her pressure is "endless".

Valk literally burns a little bit of that wolf bar and you eat an un-reactable hihg/low into a 2nd un-reactable high/low.

Tao is going to make people block forever. Valk is an unblockable, blocking ends in a second unless you're the god.

Tripon

Wonder what kind of improvements Capcom can do to their netcode in 6 months. Every time I play a person in Europe, I know I'm in for some teleportations.

Kumubou

I bought Love Max off the flash sale. Be proud, Kumubou.
Great, now everyone's going to blame me when this thread goes 200% anime and ends up getting Vita'd.

Spoiler: I'm actually a total fraud at this game, even while managing to play one of the most boring characters in the game. If you want to see someone make the game look good (or even interesting), you'll need to ask someone else. :p

Speaking of anime, I just saw CEOtaku's full game list and it looks like some weird otaku fever dream. I think one of the things that may really hurt the event (at least in terms of players on the west coast) is that ticket prices are a total light-up right now. Over $400 just to fly out there right now from here -- I know a bunch of locals were thinking about going but stopped once they saw how expensive it would be. x_x

Rhapsody

Banned
Great, now everyone's going to blame me when this thread goes 200% anime and ends up getting Vita'd.

Spoiler: I'm actually a total fraud at this game, even while managing to play one of the most boring characters in the game. If you want to see someone make the game look good (or even interesting), you'll need to ask someone else. :p

Speaking of anime, I just saw CEOtaku's full game list and it looks like some weird otaku fever dream. I think one of the things that may really hurt the event (at least in terms of players on the west coast) is that ticket prices are a total light-up right now. Over $400 just to fly out there right now from here -- I know a bunch of locals were thinking about going but stopped once they saw how expensive it would be. x_x

I'm actually curious on the turnout for each game. Average anime player jumps from game to game, so they most likely know at least a few on that list. Hoping someone makes a little chart like they did for Evo, showing you how many entered more than one title.

peter0611

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";176147436]Uh, Yun's MP/HP Shoulder in Genei Jin doesn't seem to launch hits against Poison. Is this a known issue? I'm playing on PC if that matters. I was practicing crossup LP shoulder xx genei jin combos but if shoulder doesn't connect fully I can't launch my opponent after the super cancel.[/QUOTE]

I tested on PC. It definitely looks like MP/HP Shoulder cannot launch Poison because of broken hurtboxes. More proof that the new Ultra characters were poorly designed. I've had a great time with SF4, but it can gtfo when SFV drops.

shaowebb

All I know is that whoever enters the ring at CEOtaku needs to do so using Japanese Wrestler intros.

Full on King of Strong Style Shinsuke Nakamura intro needs to happen. :D

NFKZN6D.png

QbbCYlv.gif

RbRHBXq.gif

Xq9R8yP.gif

YeaOh!

Top Bottom