• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly |8/17-23| It was a little beta this time.

Tripon

anime turns people into maniacs

sexualizing underaged girls is some sort of confederate flag thing for them

it's about heritage, not hentai

Azure J

So I missed another great cull it seems. On a scale of 1 to Epic Mickey, what's the damage like? I've been stuck in community threads so long, I actually haven't roamed gaming side for a bit.

petghost

Banned
Some good folks got clipped.

Rip

Stay outta controversial threads or fgw just gonna be q and rhapsody talking taokaka bnbs for eternity as miniboss internally screams.

I hope you watched that long enough to appreciate the irony of Felicia being on the victory screen.

So I missed another great cull it seems. On a scale of 1 to Epic Mickey, what's the damage like? I've been stuck in community threads so long, I actually haven't roamed gaming side for a bit.
From what I can tell, the general story is:
1) Someone posted about a game where boobs get bigger when you level up (or something).
2) Some of these girls look really young.
3) Some people said they were excited about such a game.
4) They got banned.

If I'm missing a step, someone fill it in for me.

ShinMaruku was banned, as was H3X. Actually, if you look on the last page of that thread, we lost like 3-4 fighting game players. :p

Sheroking

Yeah... I see what some of you are saying about Rising Thunder. It has lots of SF4's issues, but magnified a great deal, with none of it's virtues.

Invincible moves with no execution barrier or resource to limit their use, defensive FADC or combo breaker on practically everything (you can deflect throws mid-animation? Really?) it's ugly, with no artistic merit. I swear the one stage is ripped right out of the Halo 3 debut trailer, too.

Don't think I'll play it much longer, if at all.

Seyavesh

I hope you watched that long enough to appreciate the irony of Felicia being on the victory screen.
felicia and strider, who is literally from a manga
sxZ3IZ4.jpg

Azure J

1) Someone posted about a game where boobs get bigger when you level up (or something).
4) They got banned.

ShinMaruku was banned, as was H3X. Actually, if you look on the last page of that thread, we lost like 3-4 fighting game players. :p

Didn't even need the rest. :lol

I'll never understand how you can see a thread like this and all of your senses don't go "NOPE" immediately. Admittedly, some threads like that get hilarious to read through just to see how crazy some folks are/get.

I'll never understand how you can see a thread like this and all of your senses don't go "NOPE" immediately. Admittedly, some threads like that get hilarious to read through just to see how crazy some folks are/get.
Because people think censorship is good, but not if you're censoring the tits of characters who are 1000 year old demons so its totes fine to show them.

Rhapsody

Banned

The logo of said game made me laugh when I saw it way back lol

Dahbomb

anime turns people into maniacs

sexualizing underaged girls is some sort of confederate flag thing for them

it's about heritage, not hentai
iCqd6RjWlMcpS.gif

I just saw that thread and holy shit that thread got fucking NUKED! Bodies everywhere!

Part of me hopes that there's a ban on the various kinds of animu girl avatars that people have, some of them are REALLY pushing the line.

That thread was unfair. It was like trying to navigate a minefield while blindfolded lol.

OceanBlue

I really like this YouTube channel. I think it's mikado arcade's official channel? They upload a shitload of poverty stuff and also run a lot of project justice and vf3tb tournaments.

https://youtu.be/K10jrZWk7eg

Yeah, the logo looks like Mikado's. The one time I went to Mikado, there was a long row of people playing VF3. It seems as if there are a lot of older games at Mikado compared to the bigger arcades.

That thread was unfair. It was like trying to cross a minefield while blindfolded lol.

Basically, once the word pedophile comes up you gtfo.

Astarte

4) They got banned.

After the stupid shitfest that was Killer is Dead threads I vowed not to touch those crap threads. Good god.
You don't try to defend/talk about games like those on this forum, it just leads to a lot of caps lock, strawmen, hyperbole and bans.

iCqd6RjWlMcpS.gif

I just saw that thread and holy shit that thread got fucking NUKED! Bodies everywhere!

Part of me hopes that there's a ban on the various kinds of animu girl avatars that people have, some of them are REALLY pushing the line.
Dude, I agree entirely, but why just anime girls? There are so many bikini girl avatars and such, and I wish it weren't that way. I want to be able to browse GAF safely at work. Also, anything disgusting.

Dude, I agree entirely, but why just anime girls? There are so many bikini girl avatars and such, and I wish it weren't that way. I want to be able to browse GAF safely at work. Also, anything disgusting.

Because then people wouldn't be able to post a single picture from DOA games.

That's why I only browse GAF on my phone at work (not on wifi on 4G). The last time I used a work computer to brows GAF I clicked on a concept art thread for an upcoming game and there was some suggestive looking concept art in there (and it was an indie action game too, not some weird game)...

After the stupid shitfest that was Killer is Dead threads I vowed not to touch those crap threads. Good god.
You don't try to defend/talk about games like those on this forum, it just leads to a lot of caps lock, strawmen, hyperbole and bans.

I think people just can't understand that you can like something but still be critical of it or be okay with other people being critical of it.

Destiny is the biggest example for this forum

It's funny how there was all this douchebaggery about the word esports in the west but the Japanese seem to not have a problem with the label...and Capcom themselves is embracing that identity and the community supposedly is better than ever.

It's funny how there was all this douchebaggery about the word esports in the west but the Japanese seem to not have a problem with the label...and Capcom themselves is embracing that identity and the community supposedly is better than ever.
They (the west) wanna have their cake and eat it too.

Seyavesh

you think that the legal status of tournaments between japan and US stuff has anything to do with that? since japanese tournaments have to be corporate sponsored/run anyways to award prizes while american tournaments are more straight grassroots?
it's one of those things that always made me wonder in terms of how much of a difference it created in their tournament environment vs ours

Dahbomb

Yeah those are just as bad as well. Kinda makes things hard to browse on GAF.

Not that it's a problem for me personally, I have my own office and if someone comes and sees some stuff on my PC I would at best get a weird look... but for other people I am sure that sort of thing might get someone fired.

Going through that USGamer thread right now...maybe they gotta start handing this out more often:

image.php

just counted them up...holy shit there are FIFTY TWO SEPARATE USERS BANNED in that thread. That is...whoa

including our bois RockTurtle/Riposte rip

I went back a few pages just to look for banned FGW guys. I noticed Alstein was banned and read his comments in that thread. I thought his posts were fine and he stated his opinion pretty eloquently. He even had one post that was quoted by a mod in which the mod agreed with him. But he got banned anyways. Was it justified? Eh, I'm just not going to go there after that blood bath. But man that thread was like Cross Assault x10 in terms of bans.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I went back a few pages just to look for banned FGW guys. I noticed Alstein was banned and read his comments in that thread. I thought his posts were fine and he stated his opinion pretty eloquently. He even had one post that was quoted by a mod in which the mod agreed with him. But he got banned anyways. Was it justified? Eh, I'm just not going to go there after that blood bath. But man that thread was like Cross Assault x10 in terms of bans.
It's too late. You are already on the list. And not the white one.

Top Bottom