• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly |8/17-23| It was a little beta this time.

Item Box

I find it amazing that there's people out there just randomly trying to log in when its down

and it ends up working

Blackage

Does anyone know of a decent 6 button pad for the PS4?

Despite the build quality of the fightpads mad catz put out last gen(I went though like 4 of them). They really felt great. I tried the MKX pad and I pitched it out of the window, felt like cheap plastic crap.

Shackzam

Despite the build quality of the fightpads mad catz put out last gen(I went though like 4 of them). They really felt great. I tried the MKX pad and I pitched it out of the window, felt like cheap plastic crap.
Isn't there a hori 6 button pad that works on ps4? I swear I remember there being a really good one.
Edit: found it

Tripon

Isn't there a hori 6 button pad that works on ps4? I swear I remember there being a really good one.
This is basically the fight pad to get until Madcatz releases their SFV pad.

Some pros is that way better dpad than the DS4.
You can switch L1/L2 to either side of the controller so you can have all the buttons on one side of the controller.

The buttons are physically larger than the DS4 buttons so its hard to do 3 button attacks. Although you can just map multiple buttons for that.

Blackage

Whelp!

*Clicks link*

"You purchased this item on May 13, 2015"

*Checks orders*

"Your package was left near the back door or porch."

*Checks tracking*

"Delivered behind the house you say?"

*Walks outside in middle of the night with flashlight, sees an old Amazon box that's been drenched in rain*

I'll see myself out of the thread, thank you.

alstein

Almost completely forgot about Beast's Fury.

It should be forgotten about because of all the scummy behavior involved with it and inability to budget.

Two other games that should be put on TBD release are Pocket Rumble and Fantasy Strike. Both are in development, and Fantasy Strike has a playable prototype hidden behind Sirlin's patreon firewall.

Village

I'd love to see Sagat come back.

V-Skill: kickboxing clinch

V-Trigger: Allows him to fire 5-10 air tiger shots. Can be done super low to the ground by pressing up + Hp+Hk. Can setup ground tiger shot into instant air shot which he can dash behind. //Kreygasm

DA KING.

You picked the worst sagat outfit.

Also i don't like vega, i'm not going to wish him out of the game. I'm just not fond of him as a character, his whole personality is just bleh. i don't mind a character being full of themselves, I play a plethora of basically boss characters who think they are the hypest shit ever. That said, when you are " look at how sexy a am the character " like for me you have to have other stuff going on. Poison think's she's the hottest, says and all that other stuff. But she's also trying to start a wrestling league, that's super hype. But vega is just the creep, a yodeling creep.

His design is fine, his gameplay his fine. His personality just makes me not want to play as the guy.

He has cool alts I guess -shrugs-

+ Work has installed a MAME cab in the canteen

- IL optical stick and IL fake-JPN style buttons
- Forced 16:9 aspect ratio on all games. :(

Damn near impossible to do special moves in any of the fighters I tried.

Tik-Tok

So it was meant to be an internal test they forgot to gate off?

Forgot to bake in the ability to gate off maybe? Who knows though. Maybe they intended specific groups of people outside Capcom the ability to connect but couldn't do it without opening the gates to everyone.

WarRock

I kinda want to see Honda in SF V just to see what a Combofiend retooled Honda would look like. Vega and Bison are pretty different, and I feel that Honda needs something like that or never appear in a SF game again.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";175692246]The conclusion to Ryu and Sagat's story? Did you miss the scar on his chest?[/QUOTE]
In SF3 Sagat is away because he is training for the final fight with Ryu, since every time they fought something was off.

First time, he won, but Ryu went Satsui no Hadou for the first time and gave him the scar (and ended up being declared the winner), second time he also won but it was Evil Ryu brainwashed by Bison.

They are like Ippo and Miyata.

Friday's banner said the beta was undergoing a stress test. They just didn't want everyone bombarding the system at once. Word spreads fine on its own.

DunpealD

How does one figure this mythical setting out?!

By using a photoshop-esque tool and cutting down the fat. I could do it with GIMP, but then it would only have like 3 frames. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I don't care which character makes it into SFV as long as they are fun to play. Story and character preferences can take the backseat.
Even Sagat would be interesting. Considering the current gameplay changes of close to everybody having anti projectile moves.

Are there people still playing though or is it completely barren?

It's the only online EXVS game for PC IIRC.

EDIT: Installing it now. I ran the beta fine so I guess I should be fine with the final release too.

According to steamcharts there are like up to 100 peeps playing. Most EXVS fans are going to keep playing FB and wait till MB, probably.

Yeah, I could barely get the game to run. Is it better now?

I don't think they changed anything in terms of optimization.If it ran bad on the same machine it will also run badly now.

BadWolf

http://abload.de/img/stylinc5spu.gif

lmao

My fave moment from yesterday was when an Aoi player got knocked down and the other tried to do a down attack, Aoi grabbed the leg (while still on the ground) and pulled him forward. Then got up and ringed him out from the back.

Has anybody gotten to play Bison in the newest patch?

I'm curious how similar he is to Dormammu....something about his new kit reminds me of that design....clunky movement, ball projectile, pillars, teleports, etc.

JeTmAn81

Whelp!

*Clicks link*

*Checks orders*

*Checks tracking*

*Walks outside in middle of the night with flashlight, sees an old Amazon box that's been drenched in rain*

Forgetticus Shipping, even faster than a drone. You just remember you ordered it and it's instantly there.

Schryver

Whelp!

*Clicks link*

*Checks orders*

*Checks tracking*

Ouch. I actually recently realized that I never redeemed the year of PS+ I bought a while ago. Not sure if I ever even received it :/

Top Bottom