• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly |8/24-30| Trying Our Hardest to Become Pachinko Slot Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookiejet

That looks cheesy too. I haven't watched much wrestling since I was a kid, but my impression is that there's more cheese than not. I'm okay with ridiculous outfits (for males or females) when the character wearing them has some self-awareness and is being tongue-in-cheek. I get the sense that R. Mika knows she's being ridiculous and is just having fun. (I would also rock a wrestling referee alt tho if it's ever made too.)

pizzacat

Banned
Wrestler costumes don't have to be shitty

SG_Beowulf_portrait.jpg

But if you're going for that ironically shitty, go all out

Crocodile

Difference 95% pandering vs, 20% pandering (in terms of roster %). People are cool if it's below some threshhold.

Basically EVERYTHING is pandering in some way or fashion. People only complain when its pandering to people who aren't them or to interests that are contrary to their own. Which is fine but I often don't like that people don't have the self-awareness that pandering isn't only reserved for things they don't like but also things they like as well.

Village

Basically EVERYTHING is pandering in some way or fashion. People only complain when its pandering to people who aren't them or to interests that are contrary to their own. Which is fine but I often don't like that people don't have the self-awareness that pandering isn't only reserved for things they don't like but also things they like as well.

I don't like mika or cammy, and I'm the demo for those designs.

Well I know who Mika sitting on your face is pandering to, so what are other examples catering to other audiences? I'm going to laugh if you say Urien

Toxi

Banned
Just ask Q what the hardest execution characters are and avoid those lol.

Otherwise just pick a character you like and keep practicing.

Although everyone says that Faust is supposed to be easy on execution?

I play Faust, he doesn't really have anything crazy execution wise. The drill cancel for instant overheads (I believe you faultless defense the drill in the air? I can do it but don't play xrd enough to explain the mechanics) but aside from that there isn't much.

Plus faust is so damn fun to play. I want Sim to have drills like Faust.

Edit: looks like I was beaten on the Faust suggestion lol. But execution wise faust isnt too tough and is high tier.
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give Faust a go.

Village

My man was super nuts about his sister, And his win pose was unzipping his jacket showing off his abs and throwing his hair back. I ain't the demo for that, but there is one, and they deserve a character.

rookiejet

Well I know who Mika sitting on your face is pandering to, so what are other examples catering to other audiences? I'm going to laugh if you say Urien

Hey man, Urien is a fucking hunk. He know's he's sexy, he's like "screw wearing clothes! Arrrr!" and the shit evaporates and then he glows because he's so sexy.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
they should bring back the thing from SF2 where if you get hit hard enough you fuckin puke all over the place

to pander to rich evans

Numb

Girl looking good. Just need to put on something that doesn't look like a splice between a maid outfit and a swimsuit and we a are crystal.

Azure J

Wow, Mika was legit? She looks cool, but still not my type of character.

Man, I suck at execution. I'm trying to learn a Guilty Gear Xrd character besides I-No (one character I've gotten decent with), but most other characters require movements besides QC/HC (feels like everyone has a charge attack) or really finicky timing. Any recommendations on easier characters to pick up?

Elphelt.

galvenize

Kenneth Bradley ‏@KBradJStorm 5 minil y a 5 minutes Queens, NY
Let's be real here, she's blonde and has a Stunner. That's all the information I need.......

they should bring back the thing from SF2 where if you get hit hard enough you fuckin puke all over the place
Put Big Boss in SFV. He can puke every time after getting hit by Ryu's DP. I guess his v skill would be a ripoff Birdies, except he'd be eating live snakes.

pixelish

assuming the 8/4/4 character roster split is true and r. mika is one of the revamped characters, there's only one spot left in the revamped characters category right?

Malice215

Never thought R. Mika would look this cool in SFV. Ain't nobody going to use her, but chicks would still cosplay her at least. Either way I'm happy that's she's in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom