• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly |8/24-30| Trying Our Hardest to Become Pachinko Slot Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEO0MJ

I really want to know if her assist will make moves safe or if its just part of a combo. The R.Mika reveal thread is something else. Not so much about movesets but about offending each other's posts/opinions.

I had a feeling that would happen so I avoided the thread. Circular arguments abound.

Rean

As much as I'd love Juri to be in initially, I don't think she'll make it. Hopefully shes dlc later on if if thats the case.

The colors don't necessarily mean anything. And the Siliconera rumors can be true but talking about DLC. I can see Urien being an unplayable boss, initially.

The only reason I'd put stock into green = SF2 is that the game doesn't have it's long range poke archetype and Dhalsim seems like a big omission. I think Dhalsim could be made into a great character if revamped, maybe play more like Necro. I'd pick Sim over anyone else from II not in V just on uniqueness alone.
The colors wouldn't be there for no reason. 3 categories of different sizes. Plus, the characters were strategically placed throughout the grid. What other interpretation is there? Capcom decided to add random coloration of various sizes to distinct parts of a grid with randomly placed characters that happen to follow a pattern?

The Mika thread is all what I expected to be.
If the Silliconera leaks are true I'll be sad, I wanted to be surprised.
Even better than being surprised: enjoying the game with characters you want.

Rainbow Mika is packing some boozokas.
Definitely in competition with Chun-li for being Player 2.

So with birdie launching chains and bananas, while Mika calls in her tag parter, is anyone else getting the feeling that Capcom seems to be keen to give Grapplers range options this time around, rather than simply equpping them with ways around other people's range ala lariat and green hand? :eek:

So with birdie launching chains and bananas, while Mika calls in her tag parter, is anyone else getting the feeling that Capcom seems to be keen to give Grapplers range options this time around, rather than simply equpping them with ways around other people's range ala lariat and green hand? :eek:
Thus far, there are no characters without a ranged option except for Cammy, so I think that's a safe thing to say. Very smart play by Capcom. Even Bison has 2 ranged options - pretty massive for him.

Manbig

While he is over the top, the opposing arguments; women will be objectfied no matter what, "yeah? well wrestling is more trashy", etc. are pathetic

Which came into play because he threw the whole "Embarrassed to play this in front of my family" thing out there. After people rightfully called him out on the double standard, he chose to joke around instead of keeping on point and redirecting back to the original discussion. Simply put, the dude did himself no favors.

As far as I'm concerned, I have no beef with the way she looks. The character clearly owns it and goes all out, and her moves still look badass. The only attack in the trailer that even plays up to the sexualization is the thump, which is still a very common move in pro wrestling for both males and females. Even with that super, sure they go for the head, but it is still converted into a muscle buster driver, which looks incredibly awesome.

So yeah, I'm all about this character right now. Just throw Q into the mix and I'll be the happiest camper around.

Village

Put omega hugo in 5

notworksafe

Gief seems unlikely to me - three grapplers? I know he's a different kind of grappler, but Sim makes so much more sense in terms of gameplay diversity.
My guess is all the SF2 folks will be in eventually via DLC. Sim definitely makes more sense for launch but I gotta give myself a little guessing room

Coda

I enjoy that there are R. Mika haters.

It just means I get to lay the salt mine on them.

mika8vodl.gif

All the characters look cool so far but I haven't found anyone that I would want to main yet.

I pretty much played Ryu for the entire beta since he's the standard character and there isn't anyone I feel strongly for enough to consider learning them yet (aside from a couple Chun Li matches, then back to Ryu).

Numb

Sfv needs a boxer. Preferably dudley.

They will have one but throwing in a curve ball in there would be good. Not many female boxers i can think of other than Vanessa and Squirrel girl.
Street fighter having a female boxer sounds pretty interesting. Who knows what she could bring to the table.

I like Boxer more than Dudley but that might be because I want more charge characters. He might be too linear for SF5 based on the rest of the cast having some new cool/crazy stuff. Both SF3 & SF4 Dudley would fit in SF5 pretty well.

From Eventhubs.
"You are supposed to hold the pose but not to the point of pain in Yoga man"
27_gamepro05.jpg

"Guys, just ignore the traveling homeless guy, all he does is jump HK sweep. Don't wave! Oh god, he coming this way. Man..."
27_gamepro09.jpg

Man the China stage used to look much better without that lighting filter. Ono san pls.

Then again if it helps with the gameplay then fuck it.

Pompadour

The colors wouldn't be there for no reason. 3 categories of different sizes. Plus, the characters were strategically placed throughout the grid. What other interpretation is there? Capcom decided to add random coloration of various sizes to distinct parts of a grid with randomly placed characters that happen to follow a pattern?

I said that because they could literally mean a million different things so if anyone says "they obviously mean this" is just pulling that conclusion out of their ass.

I figured green meant SF2 characters but I personally hoped it was characters returning from SF4 so we could someone like, say, Cody or Dudley. If the Siliconera rumors are true and those 4 are in the base 16, I can buy the explanation that the green is "characters from numbered Street Fighters in the past" despite the fact that Street Fighter Alpha was called "Street Fighter Zero" in Japan and zero is definitely a number. The green could just mean "characters not completely new or from Alpha." Who knows but I imagine we'll know for sure before the year is up.

smurfx

get some go again
r mika looks pretty fun to play. her and birdie would be the two characters i would definitely play once the game released. well if haggar is announced soon then no other characters would pull me away from him.

for solar.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
r mika looks pretty fun to play. her and birdie would be the two characters i would definitely play once the game released. well if haggar is announced soon then no other characters would pull me away from him.

Thankfully he wont have pipe.
Until vtrigger

Thanks everyone, wasn't sure if I was just forgetting someone. It's kinda weird if you compare the series to KOF which has plenty of female grapplers.

It would be rad if I could choose which character becomes Mika's partner. I wanna see her critical art done with Bison helping.

PC version, your dreams will probably come true.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";176703939]One of my least favorite SF characters got turned into a Stand character?

;_;[/QUOTE]

Time for you to turn it into your most favorite SF characters.

Mizerman

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";176703939]One of my least favorite SF characters got turned into a Stand character?

;_;[/QUOTE]

Conflicted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom