• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 15-21 | That's 102%, Welcome to DCU

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
So GAF I have a question. Do you think tge reason more top players are not in a rush to find a Morr/Doom counter, pick Morr/Doom, or pick a top tier; players like Justin and what not, is because Chris G keeps splitting the pots between the top players in Top 8 at majors?

I personally do. I think if Chris wasnt splitting all the time and people like JWong, Champ, and the,like were going home with nothing or just $50 they would step their shit up fast but they dont have to. 7th, 5th, and 1st all pay the same so what's the inssentive to step your game up?

You may have a point here.

I've beatin him 3-1....and I don't own a copy of UMVC3. lol
Frankie is my boy though, I'm happy for him. This hella wasn't a major but hey Top 8 at a regional is really good. At least he proved what we all really knew, most of Texas is straight ass at Marvel.

BTW YOOO ULTRA DAVID going in hard o the pot spitting.
Title should have been "You know you're not a major when Frankie G is in your Top 8" but I guess that's too long.
I wish you would go back to where you came from.

Yo, if I had to stay up that late commentating on straight bullshit and everywhere I looked IT WAS STILL TEXAS OUTSIDE?

I'd be fucking pissed too.

KuGsj.gif

The only way to stop this shit is to ban these players in upcoming majors. The people behind the majors have to agree to ban them in their tourneys and you'll see it a lot less. It probably won't completely stop it but it will be heavily reduced and it will completely wipe out the blatant stuff.

Dahbomb

The only way to stop this shit is to ban these players in upcoming majors. The people behind the majors have to agree to ban them in their tourneys and you'll see it a lot less. It probably won't completely stop it but it will be heavily reduced and it will completely wipe out the blatant stuff.
The only thing that would change is that players become more subtle about it. You can't enforce what people do with their money.

Anyway I knew about pot splitting among various players but I was skeptical about ChrisG doing it with particular WC players. Now we can say for sure that there was at least a 5 way split at Final Round and we can actually entertain the notion that people's desire to beat MorriDoom is not there when it's not worth the effort for them as they are already getting paid.

Marz

We need Sanford to put a stop to this mockery like MvC2 days. Everybody else is just content to bend over and take the pot splits.

The only thing that would change is that players become more subtle about it. You can't enforce what people do with their money.

Yeah that's what I said. It will reduce it to some capacity but it will never go away. But at least the blatancy like what we just saw will be eliminated. It's better than doing nothing.

alstein

So ... is Fuudo coming out for Sega Cup?

Woops. Enzo you forgot about Sega Cup on the 20th.

I am so salty that our country's inability to come up with a budget cost me a chance at Sega Cup.

As for the pot splits- just ban those responsible from Evo and that would put a stop to things- but maybe EVO is afraid of a boycott by other top players- is EVO a major if no top players show?

That said, there is one guaranteed way to stop pot splits - get good enough to win it legit without splitting.

DR2K

Banned
There's no way to stop pot splits, it's the winners choice with how he wants to spend his money. You can punish them or "ban" it, won't do shit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I will update OP with Sega Cup and Tekken League tomorrow evening when I get home guys, thank you for the heads up! Remember, I pretty much only use whatever is in the Shoryuken Tournaments & Events section to make the OP, so that's obviously very Capcom-bias, so it's helpful when you guys let me know other events that may not show up there.

- enzo_dc

I don't understand why they have to be so blatant about the splitting though. If you just played a good set of matches to give the audience a better show you'd get way less shit for it.

Top Bottom