• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 15-21 | That's 102%, Welcome to DCU

I'll be doing a final round of iOS costume unlocks for console Injustice starting at 6:50pm EST/3:50pm PST to celebrate the release. You'll have 10 minutes (so ends at 7pm EST/4pm PST) to PM me your info for me to share the unlocks to your account as I don't want to flood my inbox too much. Have your WBID email and password (feel free to temporarily change it if you'd like) ready to PM me with when I'll be accepting submissions.

TWENTY AND PROUD

#BountifulYouth

Stay eroding, old people.

Preach it!

Also, JamesMK getting in on the craziness on Twitter...

James Fink ‏@jamessmk 4m

Fake ass sponsoring, promotors, streamers, saying they do so much, as they BEG for donations. Yet treat the players as cattle. Pathetic

Come on people, seriously.

Dahbomb

Guys I am not old man GAF either, I am 24. But I have been gaming since I was 4 so I have 20 years worth of game experience to fall back on and complain about.

You are never too young to complain.

I love UltraDavid.

Chris G is my favorite player but he should shut the fuck up.

Wong's been sandbagging it a lot recently, I think. He plays well but he doesn't seem to have the drive to really improve and get his shit to the level he's known for.

It's because he doesn't need to. Being the lazy fuck he is he gets 2nd place on majors (even wins some of them). And the players who are clearly better pot split with him.

I thought FGC-GAF was older. 26 here.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
We're the 82 crew. The best crew. :) Bonchan, Kuma, Art, Haunts, Marky, me and a bunch of other people.

I had a feeling JamesMK was going to chime in. Tonight is going to be interesting. East Coast vs West Coast, blah, blah, blah, blah.

The age talk is a little bit funny to me when related to twitter drama. I hear people say stuff like "ohh, yeah he's acting like a bit of a fool on twitter, but he's young so maybe he'll grow up" and I nod my head a bit, because yeah, everyone was young once. Then I hear someone say something like "yeah, he's only like 21 or something" and I'm like, yeah, that is not young. Or at least not young enough for how some people act. This stuff all seems like teenager business, but maybe I was just an overly serious 21 year old (
ten years ago
).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Holy shit you're only twenty? You complain like an old man.
I'm much more critical of shit on GAF where being critical leads to great discussions easier. Also, hyperbole is fun!

I'm really easy to please otherwise IRL. I mildly enjoyed FFXIII, still will give every Lil Wayne release a shot, like the Transformers movies for what they are and pretty much still love games of all kinds. I feel like being around a lot of people being critical of games (or anything) on GAF could make you a jaded gamer pretty quick but I think I'm pretty resilient. Hell, I might even enjoy VF if I tried it!

Also, about to play the Injustice demo now. Will write up thoughts later.

I'm much more critical of shit on GAF where being critical leads to great discussions easier. Also, hyperbole is fun!

I'm really easy to please otherwise IRL. I mildly enjoyed FFXIII, still will give every Lil Wayne release a shot, like the Transformers movies for what they are and pretty much still love games of all kinds. I feel like being around a lot of people being critical of games (or anything) on GAF could make you a jaded gamer pretty quick but I think I'm pretty resilient. Hell, I might even enjoy VF if I tried it!

You ... monster.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
The age talk is a little bit funny to me when related to twitter drama. I hear people say stuff like "ohh, yeah he's acting like a bit of a fool on twitter, but he's young so maybe he'll grow up" and I nod my head a bit, because yeah, everyone was young once. Then I hear someone say something like "yeah, he's only like 21 or something" and I'm like, yeah, that is not young. Or at least not young enough for how some people act. This stuff all seems like teenager business, but maybe I was just an overly serious 21 year old (
ten years ago
).

21 is super young and people are still super immature at that age. But yeah, it's not young enough to give him a complete pass just based on his age. If he was only 16 or something, then yeah, it'd just be like "lol fucking high school kids."

Dahbomb

Wow cynical, young AND bad taste.

As expected from a Red Rapper fan.

Fuck, am I actually the oldest one here? Save me UltraDavid! :(

I don't think David is even 30 yet, probably more like 28 or 29. Too bad Saty got perma banned. Nobody had anything on him, I think he's turning 50 this year. If not, very close to it. He was already Valle tier when SF2 World Warrior came out.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You ... monster.
If I told you how many times I've watched the first one, you would probably get an aneurysm and die.

Back when I used to paint a lot more I'd just keep the movie running in repeat in the background (either that or Iron Man) for hours. It's so easy going and cheesy. Almost like music people listen to when they study as noise, but you can watch it too.

I pretty much only ever watch the second just for the 30 seconds or whatever of Jetfire Prime.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I don't think David is even 30 yet, probably more like 28 or 29. Too bad Saty got perma banned. Nobody had anything on him, I think he's turning 50 this year. If not, very close to it. He was already Valle tier when SF2 World Warrior came out.

Wait...really? Could've sworn that he said once in IRC that he was 30ish.

Irrelevant story, but in the last major/tournament that held Super Turbo that DSP went to, he got bopped by a player that was talking trash during the match (even the the crowd was talking trash). DSP loses and blames it on all the heckling. DSP mentions this story on one of his vlogs as to answer why he doesn't like the current FGC or attend more event.

That person who DSP played and was talking trash during the match was Lando/Ltwop.

Lando mentions it at one point during FGTV when someone asked what're his thoughts on DSP.

ERMAHGERD! You mean to tell me Lando single-handedly did in one match what the entire FGC couldn't do in 8+ years?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QW7ahKeJKo

EVO2k2, Shadyk vs DSP FT5 for $500. Everyone was against him even the east coast disowned him and to add insult to the injury Jaha said on one of the Big Twos that they only played 1 game, where shadyk won, before the EVO staff shut them down due to lack of time. Afterwards, outside the venue, DSP was forced by the crowd to pay $100 dollars due to losing that one game. He also mention DSP crying over losses but he kept on coming back....

I can't believe it was Lando that broke him. Lando is MY DOOD!!!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Did you know there is a two beer limit at Chuck E Cheese?

Did you know there was beer at Chuck E Cheese?

Guess where I'm spending my 21st birthday.

FGC Gaf is actually old lol, just turned 29 here, god damn old man status =/

Which is a good thing, especially with the grand carnival of stupid coming up with the new consoles.

Been there, done that... Like 5 times before. We'll just have to nurse our Sakura Enzo through it. So young and eager to fight, but still so much to learn.

Did you know there is a two beer limit at Chuck E Cheese?

Did you know there was beer at Chuck E Cheese?

Guess where I'm spending my 21st birthday.

Don't be that dude, Panda. Last time someone I knew decided to drink at a Chuck E. Cheese's, I had to pick him up myself; found him sprawled upside down on a Hydro Thunder cab, Spider-Man style.

Top Bottom