• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 15-21 | That's 102%, Welcome to DCU

Tik-Tok

We're the 82 crew. The best crew. :) Bonchan, Kuma, Art, Haunts, Marky, me and a bunch of other people.

I had a feeling JamesMK was going to chime in. Tonight is going to be interesting. East Coast vs West Coast, blah, blah, blah, blah.

I'm on dat 80 baby shit. Does that make me the Elder God of Fighting GAF ?

For me almost every year has been better than the one before. 29 > 28, 28 > 27, 26-27 were kinda assy actually, but 28 > 25, 25 >24, etc. I hope this trend continues with that brave new digit in the front come July

alstein

This would be ridiculous and won't happen, but EVO is a privately run event; there's no reason that they couldn't allow them to either not earn any EVO points, or even just flat out refuse them entry to EVO.

You throw a marvel event and ban Justin/ChrisG, is it a legitimate major?
That's the reason.

As for age, I'm not Papa Valle, but I'm up there- older than anyone else mentioned. Got my start with SamSho I when it was new.

I'm 30.

I feel like I turned 30 when I was 20 though.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. By 21 I was married and working at Microsoft and I added on a couple of kids well before 30. I think I just kinda skipped that whole 20's thing. Hitting 30 was nice because I finally felt like my actual age matched my lifestyle age.

It does seem like the average age in this thread was a bit older than I expected. Might just be the usual GAF effect of having some moderate amount of moderation that weeds out some of the crazy teens. Plus fighting games have enough history as a genre that folks have grown up with them.

Beckx

For me almost every year has been better than the one before. 29 > 28, 28 > 27, 26-27 were kinda assy actually, but 28 > 25, 25 >24, etc. I hope this trend continues with that brave new digit in the front come July

I've found life in general to follow that pattern. It's all about outlook.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm on dat 80 baby shit. Does that make me the Elder God of Fighting GAF ?

From what I noticed, Elder gods are usually very perverted, argues about anything, and curses more than the South Park movie. Do you apply?

When I found out Evilore is 26 last week, I was like what? I guess it's time to settle down, have kids and play games all day.

kirblar

ZTS is right on this one: Why would anyone bother to try and beat Chris G if they know they can T8/T4/T2 and make the same cash they would if they beat him?

Dahbomb

how does jill deal with hsien ko?
Unless Hsien Ko is in gold armor, Jill can easily get in on her and mix her up. Jill can beat out Hsien Ko's offense witu Somersault kick easily.

As far as Nemesis is concerned, he's not supposed to be a highly mobile character. His main problems are that his armor moves aren't good because the armor starts up late, his damage scaling is way too low for a heavy character and his LVL3 is garbage. He also should be able to combo after regular throws by TKing his launcher.

You fix the armor on his moves then he becomes a problem for rushdown character like he's supposed to be. He is also one of the few characters who prevents assist usage from the opposite team by using his tentacle and high damage rocket launcher to punish them safely. Improving his scaling means he won't do shit damage off throws and command grabs, putting the fear of pressing buttons and up back in the enemy. High health and high damage projectile means he can win in a war of attrition against many zoners especially when they can't use their assists.

ZTS is right on this one: Why would anyone bother to try and beat Chris G if they know they can T8/T4/T2 and make the same cash they would if they beat him?
It might hold true for some people, but not others. You don't see anything like that inclination when FChamp and ChrisG play, for example, because FChamp is still hungry and wants to continue to be the best. Viscant has called these shenanigans out, so I doubt he'll half-ass his matches. Yipes would never do that either, he talks too much shit when it happens. PR Balrog...I don't know. Maybe.

It might be something that happens, but it's not pretend that it's a universal problem. People are overreacting, but outside of Big Two the only times this has happened are Fanatiq vs. ChrisG, which was just them being douchebags, and Fanatiq vs. JWong. At least, that's all I'm aware of.

The issue is more that with SFxT/Injustice/SF2014, they have to prioritize practice somewhere. And Chris makes it so that's "Not Marvel."

I don't see that. There will always be a Chris G. If you love the game and still love competing, you will want to body him.

Even if you don't, or end up never playing him because you live on the other side of the world it should still keep the fires burning.

Top Bottom