• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 15-21 | That's 102%, Welcome to DCU

i've been trolling the internet since before some of you were born, bet it. i know i've built this relatively straight-man commentary style but it's hard to resist my natural tendencies sometimes.

but i don't think chris should be as mad as he is. stand by your own tirade, right? i changed between 0 and 3 of his words, only to change them to fit the commentator perspective rather than the player. why be so angry at seeing that perspective instead of your own?

Ice cold Chris...

Man David respects ChrisG a lot and has said nothing but praise about his play when most others dismiss his play as lame and spammy. ChrisG should really just take it down a notch, the heel look is not good for him.

Chris dismissed Sanford when Sanford was going on that EC rant a while back, even though he didn't really diss Chris and was more calling out the rest of the EC to step it up. Chris is just reactionary at times and thinks everyone is out to get him.

Ice cold Chris...

Man David respects ChrisG a lot and has said nothing but praise about his play when most others dismiss his play as lame and spammy. ChrisG should really just take it down a notch, the heel look is not good for him.
well he's a young kid, he'll grow up. and regardless of his personality, i still have a ton of respect for his game and won't treat him any differently in my commentary.

Dahbomb

i've been trolling the internet since before some of you were born, bet it. i know i've built this relatively straight-man commentary style but it's hard to resist my natural tendencies sometimes.

but i don't think chris should be as mad as he is. stand by your own tirade, right? i changed between 0 and 3 of his words, only to change them to fit the commentator perspective rather than the player. why be so angry at seeing that perspective instead of your own?
Damn there was the internet in the 80s??

But yea Chris needs to chill a bit.

Beckx

You know that never works as a method of convincing someone, right?

Malice215

Chris needs to chill? Why? So people can go back to talking about Marvel changes that will never happen.

At least this has been keeping me somewhat entertained.

DRE Fei

The "heel" in this scenario doesn't seem very intelligent or articulate. It all feels very awkward.

At least FChamp knows how to do it right. Step your shit up chris.

#WWEsports

Beckx

it's worked on me in the past. and i know chris is an intelligent person. but yeah i guess it's a misfire after all

It only works on people with a very high self-awareness inclined to step back and think "holy shit, did I really sound like that?" For most people, when you turn their shit around on them, they just get really, really mad (because when they did it, it was justified, when you did it, it was mockery).

Dahbomb

Chris needs to chill? Why? So people can go back to talking about Marvel changes that will never happen.

At least this has been keeping me somewhat entertained.
Talking about fighting games in a FGW thread (even non real ones) > Talking about twitter drama

IMHO of course. If you want more of the twitter drama, get on twitter and follow the FGC people and converse directly.

Chavelo

Little does anyone know, but David came up with the Bodied By Law tag line. IT'S TRUE.

i74i7t.gif

MrDaravon

Chris G needs that cat to tell him to stop posting. It's a bad look, he doesn't play the heel very well at all and he's digging himself into a pretty bad hole here.

Shouta

You mean you're certified Uncle age? Look another Valle!

Shouta

I'm not terribly old but someone in here's gotta be 19 or younger right?

In here? I dunno. I figured our youngest was about 21-22. I'm already getting up there for FGC myself. 30 feels like being an old man with all these young'uns running around.

For reference:

Christopher Gonzalez ‏@NYChrisG 4m

@ultradavid damn you want attention..... Pretty sad for a grown man.

Yo Chris I like your play and all but seriously stay off Twitter for a few days man. You're falling from my ranks of favorite players quickly at this point.

Has anybody put chrisG on blast for being stupid and chopping a pot he would have had to himself had he played for real?

Beckx

Has anybody put chrisG on blast for being stupid and chopping a pot he would have had to himself had he played for real?

I don't know about that, but Valle's on record for saying it shows no pride for yourself or your scene, and that lack of that pride/passion is the weakness of the current crop of top guys.

I don't know about that, but Valle's on record for saying it shows no pride for yourself or your scene, and that lack of that pride/passion is the weakness of the current crop of top guys.

I'm just sayin; Wong took ChrisG for a ride and Chris shouldn't be smiling about it. He looks really dumb for playing the troll card.

This twitter drama is blowing up my feed. Tired of it already

Seriously. It's pretty dumb in comparison to stuff that's happening all around at the moment.

But Malice is sorta right in that I'd rather have this and UltraDavid trolling than imaginary patch changes.

Shouta

No real reason for ChrisG to be dickridin Wong when ChrisG is clearly on a higher level. They can be friends but for real Wong ate off Chris' plate there.

Wong's been sandbagging it a lot recently, I think. He plays well but he doesn't seem to have the drive to really improve and get his shit to the level he's known for.

MrDaravon

TWENTY AND PROUD

#BountifulYouth

Stay eroding, old people.

Holy shit you're only twenty? You complain like an old man.

Wong's been sandbagging it a lot recently, I think. He plays well but he doesn't seem to have the drive to really improve and get his shit to the level he's known for.

This. I wonder if he's honestly just gotten a bit complacent with the sponsorship? I bet we would see him out there hungry as hell if he didn't have that money coming in.

In here? I dunno. I figured our youngest was about 21-22. I'm already getting up there for FGC myself. 30 feels like being an old man with all these young'uns running around.

I'm 22, but I've had an SRK account since 2001 (I was like 10 years old)

(don't tell the cannons BibleThump)

supahkiwi

Banned
Why does the FGC hate DSP so much?

I mean, I dont like him, but I have my own reason's why.

Irrelevant story, but in the last major/tournament that held Super Turbo that DSP went to, he got bopped by a player that was talking trash during the match (even the the crowd was talking trash). DSP loses and blames it on all the heckling. DSP mentions this story on one of his vlogs as to answer why he doesn't like the current FGC or attend more event.

That person who DSP played and was talking trash during the match was Lando/Ltwop.

Lando mentions it at one point during FGTV when someone asked what're his thoughts on DSP.

Top Bottom