• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 15-21 | That's 102%, Welcome to DCU

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jaxel talking about legalization of various drugs, etc.

"make_sagat_elite_4_champ, you are actually wrong"

Intense and fair discussion going on.

They're cheesy, popcorn action flicks.

You will never have something as great as a Beast Wars movie, so you have to make do with what we have.

You realize this phrase is literally meaningless, right? There's no such thing as a "popcorn movie" - people eat popcorn at everything. They sell it at the theater. In buckets

What you mean when you say "popcorn movie" is "fucking stupid" - it just sounds better when you say the other phrase.

edit: 35 years old, here.

Azure J

23 turning 24 feeling 40 here. I believe it'll get better when I get my career started though. That and I'm a hopeless optimist.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You realize this phrase is literally meaningless, right? There's no such thing as a "popcorn movie" - people eat popcorn at everything. They sell it at the theater. In buckets

What you mean when you say "popcorn movie" is "fucking stupid" - it just sounds better when you say the other phrase.

edit: 35 years old, here.
Oh.. I thought it meant "turd whirler." Thanks for the clarification though! Slowly figuring out your language is fun!

Infinite

Chris G splits because he has to see everyone else (at least at weeklies) the next day, so he doesn't want them mad at him by not splitting.

But Jaxel said that if he was as good as Chris, he wouldn't bother splitting and that there'd be no reason to.

why split with Jwong then?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Arturo status:
Fpv27XJ.jpg

Chris G splits because he has to see everyone else (at least at weeklies) the next day, so he doesn't want them mad at him by not splitting.

But Jaxel said that if he was as good as Chris, he wouldn't bother splitting and that there'd be no reason to.

They would get mad at him? wha? Is this high school, lol. Why are they mad? Hold that shit. The other reason about back scratching and all of that for other games is a better reason.

ChrisG should take over the world, one refused pot split at a time, haha.

MrDaravon

Seeing people in their 20s complaining about feeling like they're in their 40s is hilarious to me.

Also if the peer pressure thing for Chris is true, I have no idea why he's acting like a dick on twitter. Not completely sure that I buy that, at least not at this point.

No cash prize ever, nothing to split, problem solved.

If only. If only....

I do like what Jebailey offered in that bounty; kind of wished it was offered more against really dominant players (unless it is already offered often).

I'm with the people more concerned with the not-optimal playing over the pot split, but I'm also in favor of those who say "get better". Guess that puts me in sort of a weird place. If I was competitive at Marvel, I'd be shooting for that bounty.

Beckx

Cannot frickin wait for that movie. I am sick of billionaire playboys with anger management issues as "heroes." Want something aspirational, hopeful. Plus Superman '79 is my favorite comic book film.

Dahbomb

Cannot frickin wait for that movie. I am sick of billionaire playboys with anger management issues as "heroes." Want something aspirational, hopeful. Plus Superman '79 is my favorite comic book film.
Batman, Iron Man and Green Arrow don't have an anger management issue.

But I do agree that the time is right for a Superman movie.

That was for agreeing to a pot split and then keeping all the money after he won though.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

Didn't he get into the semi-finals of a SFIV tourney a few months ago? That was the last time I saw him, at least. It doesn't seem that long ago to me.

Edit: That sounded worse than I meant it to. Totally forgot about his showing at Final Round, too - dude hasn't placed as high on average as he did in 2012, though.

Top Bottom