• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 15-21 | That's 102%, Welcome to DCU

Batman, Iron Man and Green Arrow don't have an anger management issue.

But I do agree that the time is right for a Superman movie.

Batman is a billionare who goes around beating up people who are just trying to feed their families and make ends meet.

Dude is a jerk.

Beckx

Batman is a billionare who goes around beating up people who are just trying to feed their families and make ends meet.

Dude is a jerk.

;)

But seriously, I'm sick of dystopian fiction, especially for hero flicks.

What's funny is Superman '79 doesn't even have Supes punch anyone. Imagine trying to get that film greenlit today.

This is why we need the Japanese or other non-English speaking foreigners to get good at this game. Then it wouldn't be much of a issue.

Jwong: So Mago-san, you want to split-o pot-o?

Mago: Nani?

You see what happened to Wolfkrone

Being hated by Jwonggg's cliche is whatever but the hate from the stream monster after that incident was what really surprised me. I think people just like the drama, the salt of Wolfkrone getting blown the fuck up. They don't really care about the situation.

Though, it was quite comical because eSports is the only "sports" that a chinese boy can hustle a black kid. Anywhere else and one of them would be leaving the building in a stretcher, guess which one.

Though, it was quite comical because eSports is the only "sports" that a chinese boy can hustle a black kid. Anywhere else and one of them would be leaving the building in a stretcher, guess which one.

Yo, we Asians free style all over you fools in National Spelling Bee on ESPN. Hold dat.

Being hated by Jwonggg's cliche is whatever but the hate from the stream monster after that incident was what really surprised me. I think people just like the drama, the salt of Wolfkrone getting blown the fuck up. They don't really care about the situation.

I'm confused.
Are you making statements about which race is likes to fight more?

Or are you saying that black people are just better at sports?

Because it's not looking good either way.

kirblar

It's not hustling though - FChamp/ChrisG apparently split at EVO, and it makes sense for them to do so, given they were pretty sure the winner of their match (which was 50/50) was going to likely bop Infrit in GF.

It's not hustling though - FChamp/ChrisG apparently split at EVO, and it makes sense for them to do so, given they were pretty sure the winner of their match (which was 50/50) was going to likely bop Infrit in GF.

The Wolfkrone/Jwonggg pot split was a hustle, though. He made Wolfkrone pay after Krone backed out. It was a scumbag on Krone's part but Jwonggg went "New York" on him according on Noel.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Art's stream is an insight into what a casual player likes in their fighting games and how they're experiences play out.

I think Injustice is going to do crazy good numbers. 1 milli easy.

Art's stream is an insight into what a casual player likes in their fighting games and how they're experiences play out.

I think Injustice is going to do crazy good numbers. 1 milli easy.

yea these guys sell millions of copies of their games really easily. its just that the FGC doesn't support it too much. I think the failure of sf x t and the lack of probably any update to marvel ever will make people at least consider this. marvel is getting pretty boring nowadays. also, nether realms actually patches there games really frequently

kirblar

The Wolfkrone/Jwonggg pot split was a hustle, though. He made Wolfkrone pay after Krone backed out. It was a scumbag on Krone's part but Jwonggg went "New York" on him according on Noel.
Krone made the deal, won, then tried to back out, right?

That's not a hustle, that's holding someone to their word.

yea these guys sell millions of copies of their games really easily. its just that the FGC doesn't support it too much. I think the failure of sf x t and the lack of probably any update to marvel ever will make people at least consider this. marvel is getting pretty boring nowadays. also, nether realms actually patches there games really frequently
The casuals? Yeah, sure

The people who go tournaments? I've got bad news for you

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";54199494]Who is more pure, Viscant or Lando?

Think before you answer.[/QUOTE]

I can't say a man who hustles at the one true board game is a pure man.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
This is why we need the Japanese or other non-English speaking foreigners to get good at this game. Then it wouldn't be much of a issue.

There are a lot of amazing players overseas from countries like Japan, South America, Europe, Australia, etc that will never see the light of day in the U.S because they simply don't have the money to travel.

While ChrisG, Jwong, and other "top" U.S players are doing their best to milk as much money out of this community there are people around the world and U.S that just play it for the love of the game and no personal financial gain.

There are a lot of amazing players overseas from countries like Japan, South America, Europe, Australia, etc that will never see the light of day in the U.S because they simply don't have the money to travel.

While ChrisG, Jwong, and other "top" U.S players are doing their best to milk as much money out of this community there are people around the world and U.S that just play it for the love of the game and no personal finical gain.

KBR is our new hero.

While ChrisG, Jwong, and other "top" U.S players are doing their best to milk as much money out of this community there are people around the world and U.S that just play it for the love of the game and no personal financial gain.
How are ChrisG and JWong milking the community? All they do is go to tournaments. Pot splitting is not milking the community. Going on stream and elbowing your sponsor into advertising space that they didn't pay for is milking the community. Holding a raffle every other day for sticks that you never send out is milking the community. Faked rivalries with the intention of selling the replays of hype matches is milking the community. If anything, they're hurting the community, which is counter-intuitive if they needed them to get money.

Regardless of your opinion of it, it's their right to do what they want with money they earned by getting the top position.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";54200268]How are ChrisG and JWong milking the community? All they do is go to tournaments. Pot splitting is not milking the community. Going on stream and elbowing your sponsor into advertising space that they didn't pay for is milking the community. Holding a raffle every other day for sticks that you never send out is milking the community. Faked rivalries with the intention of selling the replays of hype matches is milking the community.[/QUOTE]
Don't forget Brazzersgate.

ChrisG and Fanatiq are bad for this scene... PDP. Hopefully TO's start banning these guys from tournaments.

And UPS finally delivered my game! Starting out with Deathstroke!

GeoNeo

I disagree.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";54200268]How are ChrisG and JWong milking the community? All they do is go to tournaments. Pot splitting is not milking the community. Going on stream and elbowing your spronsor into advertising space that they didn't pay for is milking the community. Holding a raffle every other day for sticks that you never send out is milking the community. Faked rivalries with the intention of selling the replays of hype matches is milking the community.[/QUOTE]

Playing fraud like in finals is milking the community and good will of sponsors and T.O's. You are taking away from the competitive nature of the game. In other "esports" and "sports" stuff like this is heavily heavily looked down upon because it does nothing other than line the pockets of the players that part take in such actives while hurting the underlining event and it's sponsors.

To be honest ChrisG I can understand doing this sort of stuff because he really has a no name sponsor. This is not the case for Justin Wong who is being payed by fucking E.G of all teams WHY??? He spilt pots and even openly talks about collusion and when it goes wrong like in the case of when Wolfkrone and him agreed to split a pot and after Wolf won he did not split. Why EG does not do anything about this stuff is beyond me. It's not the first time Justin has done this sort of stuff while under the EG name and it won't be the last because there is no repercussions.

lol are you saying black people are inherently better at fighting or something

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";54200892]Doesn't matter, they aren't part of the community to begin with.[/QUOTE]
Just talking about Milking in general. Probably the weirdest case too.

Beckx

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";54200268]How are ChrisG and JWong milking the community? All they do is go to tournaments. Pot splitting is not milking the community. Going on stream and elbowing your sponsor into advertising space that they didn't pay for is milking the community. Holding a raffle every other day for sticks that you never send out is milking the community. Faked rivalries with the intention of selling the replays of hype matches is milking the community. If anything, they're hurting the community, which is counter-intuitive if they needed them to get money.

Regardless of your opinion of it, it's their right to do what they want with money they earned by getting the top position.[/QUOTE]

It's not about whether they have the right to do it.

A pitcher has the right to walk out before a game and offer to split his salary with every batter he strikes out that day. A running back can offer a bonus to the other team's defense for every touchdown he scores.

The reason why every one of them would be suspended/banned for doing that is not that they don't have the right, it's that it creates the appearance of impropriety - that the other player will alter their play or not try as hard, changing the outcome. If you run a sports league, that's death.

If you run fighting game tournaments, that's death, too. If pot splitting is happening, it creates, at a minimum, the appearance of impropriety. Last weekend that blew up into actual impropriety and the appearance that GF was rigged/treated as a joke.

If I'm running EVO, the last thing I want is the people paying money to attend / subscribe to streams thinking that any aspect of this tournament is improper. So, yeah, the players have the right to split EVO money however they want. The Cannons have the right to ban the practice, if they feel it necessary to preserve match integrity.

Like I said the stupid thing about all this is that this has happened with other players but there was no backlash, as soon as its chris g vs jwong everyone is in riot mode.

kirblar

Like I said the stupid thing about all this is that this has happened with other players but there was no backlash, as soon as its chris g vs jwong everyone is in riot mode.
We had been talking about this, but people weren't believing it until they saw it happen that blatantly.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";54203418]There has always been backlash.[/QUOTE]

Well some, but right now people have the pitchforks out and want some blood spilled.

Top Bottom