• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 15-21 | That's 102%, Welcome to DCU

Lol dat bandwagon.

Pick a team and stick to it for life son. That's dedication.

Responding to this late because dinner but whatever.

I've been on #TeamChrisG since day 1 when he was sticking with his Ryu/Wesker/Ammy team, and I've absolutely loved (and still love) his current play and team. I just think lately, with the Final Round stuff and now this, he's been handling himself incredibly poorly. I'm still #TeamChrisG, but to a smaller extent, especially with there being so many other players that I'm enjoying now.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Watching the OnBlastShow live for the first time.

These guys are pretty raw...I like it haha.

"Daigo got that look he into the black chicks"

Umm ok Haha.

sephi22

Since someone from the OBS is lurking this thread, thanks for the shoutout.

Here's the constructive criticism you're looking for:
You guys show yourself off as the laid back after hours stream where people can just shoot the shit and put people on blast, then complain about being perceived as such. I'm not going to speak for the rest of FGC-GAF, but when it comes to me, I only tune in every week for the drama. Its the same reason why some people watch Honey Boo Boo Child, or Hoarders. Its brainless, bottom-of-the-barrel shit.

The ratio of serious talk to drama in your stream is about 10%. You do get some good guests, Rolando's well-spoken, and Triforce has his moments, but talks soon turn to shit every week. I liked how Spooky was brought in, but after 10-15 minutes of speaking to him, it turned to DevilMaySpy vs. JamesMK's wife. It was entertaining, sure. I like watching trainwrecks. But to pretend that your show is more than that, or that you deserve serious responses is just funny. No one on GAF called James leatherface or whatever, that was reddit.

I mean, just look at the topic of discussion today. There was almost no Injustice talk for the past 4 weeks, and even today, on the day Injustice came out, the topic of discussion is twitter drama in the Capcom community. You guys are doing a good job of pimping the Injustice/MK communities guys. Keep it up.

smurfx

get some go again
Well some, but right now people have the pitchforks out and want some blood spilled.
people blew up because of the random select. plus i think the anger over shitty GF has been building for a while now. although chris g always makes it a habit to use his c and d tier teams in grand finals and having a long drawn out boring match.

Beckx

Meanwhile, in positive news, Divekick is now in the top 100 for Greenlight. Hope for good news from Valve's next round of selections tomorrow.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't even understand this. Even if you don't care for the dude this is hyperbolic nonsense
Kendricks only flaw as an artist was his lack of flow really, which Dre solved on GKMC. Maybe Ross only heard stuff before GKMC? Or maybe he thinks Swimming Pools is a song encouraging people to drink?

Plus this is currently stuck in my head. Dat flow.

Meanwhile, in positive news, Divekick is now in the top 100 for Greenlight. Hope for good news from Valve's next round of selections tomorrow.
Just voted for it/gave my support the other day.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Since someone from the OBS is lurking this thread, thanks for the shoutout.

Here's the constructive criticism you're looking for:
You guys show yourself off as the laid back after hours stream where people can just shoot the shit and put people on blast, then complain about being perceived as such. I'm not going to speak for the rest of FGC-GAF, but when it comes to me, I only tune in every week for the drama. Its the same reason why some people watch Honey Boo Boo Child, or Hoarders. Its brainless, bottom-of-the-barrel shit.

The ratio of serious talk to drama in your stream is about 10%. You do get some good guests, Rolando's well-spoken, and Triforce has his moments, but talks soon turn to shit every week. I liked how Spooky was brought in, but after 10-15 minutes of speaking to him, it turned to DevilMaySpy vs. JamesMK's wife. It was entertaining, sure. I like watching trainwrecks. But to pretend that your show is more than that, or that you deserve serious responses is just funny. No one on GAF called James leatherface or whatever, that was reddit.

I mean, just look at the topic of discussion today. There was almost no Injustice talk for the past 4 weeks, and even today, on the day Injustice came out, the topic of discussion is twitter drama in the Capcom community. You guys are doing a good job of pimping the Injustice/MK communities guys. Keep it up.

I like a lot of the ideas behind the OBS, like letting just whoever the hell wants to to come on and say their piece, but too often it just devolves into petty drama BS. I guess that's kind of the natural result of letting a bunch of random dudes on to say whatever they want to say though.

But yeah, the show mostly just fosters drama. Not a fan. I respect that somehow they got a bunch of Capcom stream monsters to check out an MK podcast though, and at least they're really trying to promote their scene, which is more than you can say for a lot of people.

sephi22

I like a lot of the ideas behind the OBS, like letting just whoever the hell wants to to come on and say their piece, but too often it just devolves into petty drama BS. I guess that's kind of the natural result of letting a bunch of random dudes on to say whatever they want to say though.

But yeah, the show mostly just fosters drama. Not a fan. I respect that somehow they got a bunch of Capcom stream monsters to check out an MK podcast though, and at least they're really trying to promote their scene, which is more than you can say for a lot of people.
Don't get me wrong. I like that it exists. But drama is the reason they jumped from 300 viewers per show to 1000+

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

I always got the impression the OBS was for drama purposes only and not associated with promoting a scene, just was coincidentally hosted by someone who was involved in the MK scene.

That's why I don't really check for it. It's like the LI Joe Show of today.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";54205695]Who is Kendrick Lamar?[/QUOTE]
http://youtu.be/RpX--7xb2IA

sephi22

Eh, I only ban for obvious trolling or racist/hate comments. No idea what was said, but I have very little tolerance for people trying to be offensive.
He said he'd pay you $200 for a week of TTT2.
Stay Hollywood max. Surely you're too good for Tekken players' money. Kappa

vulva

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";54206235]All I know about rap is Inspectah Deck and Vegeta's theme hip hop remixes.[/QUOTE]
Deck's criminally underrated. Also Killah Priest's debut album has no right to be as good as it is.

Shouta

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";54206409]Does UltraChen archive their episodes? I can't watch right now.[/quote]

It should show up in the old format like before if you miss it.

Top Bottom