• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 15-21 | That's 102%, Welcome to DCU

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
z9c3TFD.png
How Valle are you. No cheating.

1. Name three articles of clothing or styles worn popularly in the mid to late 90s by kids, teens and adults alike. 1-3 points.
2. What are the colors of the original 50ML super soaker? 1 point.
3. Name a K7 song. And what was the group's name before that? 2 points.
4. Without this person, Jennifer Lopez's career would most likely never take off like it did. Who is it? 1 point.
5. This popular Hi-C drink featured slimer on the box, what was it's name? 1 point.
6. Name the theme song of the movie Boomerang. And name the two starring roles. 3 points.
7. Besides Mandy Moore, Britney Spears and Christa Aguilera, name one other popular female pop singer of the time. 1 point.
8. What came first. Where the streets have no name or Everybody wants to rule the world? 1 point.
9. What is the name of the popular grape soda in the 80s? 1 point.
10. Name the popular Filipino R&B/techno/club/dance singer of the mid to late 90s. 1 point.
11. What is the name of the singing group produced by Heavy D in the 90s? 1 point.
12. Name three basketball players with popular shoes in the early to mid 90s. 3 points.
13. Name the TLC song you can make babies to. 1 point.
14. Name the rap group in the 90s in which CORN Alucard looks like he could be part of. 1 point.
15. What company helped Midway with games back in the 90s? 1 point.
16. What is the code to use same characters in VS mode of SF2 on SNES? 1 point.
17. Name the cult movie with bad clowns. 1 point.
18. What is the name of the group and song that is a parody of TLC's no scrubs? 2 points.
19. Killer Instinct for SNES came with an OST, what was the name of it? 1 point.
20. Akuma made his magazine debut in what gaming magazine? 1 point.
21. What was the first 3d fighting game for the PSone? 1 point.
22. Which rap singer was featured in a TMNT movie and what was the chorus he sang? 2 points.
23. What is the name of the fist of the north star game on the Genesis? 1 point.
24. This movie featured Arnold and Danny Devito as bros, what was it's name? 1 point.
25. This badass Cartoon cat could beat up dogs, what was his name? 1 point.
26. Name the female rapper in the Ruff Ryders. 1 point.
27. This other UK female pop group was in the shadows of the Spice Girls even though many say they are better, what was their name? 1 point.
28. Pras, ODB and one other person made this popular song which was also featured in a movie. Name this person and the song. 2 points.
29. What was the code name for the Dreamcast? 1 point.
30. Which famous martial artist and actor died too young in the 90s and what was his last movie? 2 points.
31. David Bowie was the villain in this popular movie. What is the name of the movie and who also starred in it? 2 points.
32. What was Tatyana Ali's hit song? 1 point.
33. Tatyana Ali's boyfriend at the time prematurely died and was also featured in a movie, what was his name? 1 point.
34. What was name of the import store featured in Gamefan? 1 point.
35. What was the name of the Namco fighter that predates Soul Calibur, blade, edge, etc? 1 point.
36. What is the name of the Konami fighter in the arcades which also landed on a particular console? 1 point.
37. Name the creature which can't be hit by water or eat after midnight. 1 point.
38. Welsey Snipes was a drag queen in this movie. 1 point.
39. Name the device that is the "betamax" to mp3 players. 1 point.
40. This carnival ride looks like a UFO. 1 point.

pc3IUWu.png
0-10 Valle Points = Youngbuck. Bow down before your elders. Don't ever talk back. I'm taking your cell phone away.
pc3IUWu.png
11-20 Valle Points = Oh, so you know some stuff and you think you are the shit?
pc3IUWu.png
21-30 Valle Points = Not bad. You are still naive and ignorant despite what you know.
pc3IUWu.png
31-40 Valle Points = Starting to get old in those years now. It's about time to settle down.
pc3IUWu.png
41-50 Valle Points = You are allowed to whine about anything and everything because you've been around for a while.
pc3IUWu.png
51-52 Valle Points = God damn you old. Better sit down before you hurt your back. How are the grandkids?

I'll play.

1. Cargo pants, pumps, adidas pants
2. Fluro green?
4. Puff Daddy?
7. Mariah Carey.
8. Everybody wants to rule the world?
12. Jordan, Barkley, Shaq
15. Atari?
17. killer clowns from outer space?
24. Twins
25. Top Cat?
27. Atomic kitten?
29. Katana
30. Brandon Lee, the crow.
31. Labyrinth and probably Jennifer connelly
35. Tekken?
36. The TMNT game something fighters?
37. gremlin
38. To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything
39. minidisc?

That is about all I've got.

Zissou

z9c3TFD.png

1. Name three articles of clothing or styles worn popularly in the mid to late 90s by kids, teens and adults alike. 1-3 points.
2. What are the colors of the original 50ML super soaker? 1 point.
3. Name a K7 song. And what was the group's name before that? 2 points.
4. Without this person, Jennifer Lopez's career would most likely never take off like it did. Who is it? 1 point.
5. This popular Hi-C drink featured slimer on the box, what was it's name? 1 point.
6. Name the theme song of the movie Boomerang. And name the two starring roles. 3 points.
7. Besides Mandy Moore, Britney Spears and Christa Aguilera, name one other popular female pop singer of the time. 1 point.
8. What came first. Where the streets have no name or Everybody wants to rule the world? 1 point.
9. What is the name of the popular grape soda in the 80s? 1 point.
10. Name the popular Filipino R&B/techno/club/dance singer of the mid to late 90s. 1 point.
11. What is the name of the singing group produced by Heavy D in the 90s? 1 point.
12. Name three basketball players with popular shoes in the early to mid 90s. 3 points.
13. Name the TLC song you can make babies to. 1 point.
14. Name the rap group in the 90s in which CORN Alucard looks like he could be part of. 1 point.
15. What company helped Midway with games back in the 90s? 1 point.
16. What is the code to use same characters in VS mode of SF2 on SNES? 1 point.
17. Name the cult movie with bad clowns. 1 point.
18. What is the name of the group and song that is a parody of TLC's no scrubs? 2 points.
19. Killer Instinct for SNES came with an OST, what was the name of it? 1 point.
20. Akuma made his magazine debut in what gaming magazine? 1 point.
21. What was the first 3d fighting game for the PSone? 1 point.
22. Which rap singer was featured in a TMNT movie and what was the chorus he sang? 2 points.
23. What is the name of the fist of the north star game on the Genesis? 1 point.
24. This movie featured Arnold and Danny Devito as bros, what was it's name? 1 point.
25. This badass Cartoon cat could beat up dogs, what was his name? 1 point.
26. Name the female rapper in the Ruff Ryders. 1 point.
27. This other UK female pop group was in the shadows of the Spice Girls even though many say they are better, what was their name? 1 point.
28. Pras, ODB and one other person made this popular song which was also featured in a movie. Name this person and the song. 2 points.
29. What was the code name for the Dreamcast? 1 point.
30. Which famous martial artist and actor died too young in the 90s and what was his last movie? 2 points.
31. David Bowie was the villain in this popular movie. What is the name of the movie and who also starred in it? 2 points.
32. What was Tatyana Ali's hit song? 1 point.
33. Tatyana Ali's boyfriend at the time prematurely died and was also featured in a movie, what was his name? 1 point.
34. What was name of the import store featured in Gamefan? 1 point.
35. What was the name of the Namco fighter that predates Soul Calibur, blade, edge, etc? 1 point.
36. What is the name of the Konami fighter in the arcades which also landed on a particular console? 1 point.
37. Name the creature which can't be hit by water or eat after midnight. 1 point.
38. Welsey Snipes was a drag queen in this movie. 1 point.
39. Name the device that is the "betamax" to mp3 players. 1 point.
40. This carnival ride looks like a UFO. 1 point.

pc3IUWu.png
0-10 Valle Points = Youngbuck. Bow down before your elders. Don't ever talk back. I'm taking your cell phone away.
pc3IUWu.png
11-20 Valle Points = Oh, so you know some stuff and you think you are the shit?
pc3IUWu.png
21-30 Valle Points = Not bad. You are still naive and ignorant despite what you know.
pc3IUWu.png
31-40 Valle Points = Starting to get old in those years now. It's about time to settle down.
pc3IUWu.png
41-50 Valle Points = You are allowed to whine about anything and everything because you've been around for a while.
pc3IUWu.png
51-52 Valle Points = God damn you old. Better sit down before you hurt your back. How are the grandkids?

1. Zubaz, parachute pants(?), LA lights shoes
2. Orange, green, neon yellow (?)
5. Ecto-cooler
7. Jessica Simpson
12. Micheal Jordan...
15. Williams
19. Killer Cuts
20. EGM?
21. Battle Arena Toshinden(?)
22. Vanilla Ice "Ninja, ninja, rap! Ninja, ninja, rap"
24. Twins
29. Weren't there two- Dural and Black Belt, one prototype made by the Japanese part of the company and the other by Sega of America? I can't remember
31. Labyrinth, Jennifer Connelly
34. Fuu.. had to be either NCSX, Tronix, or that one other one...
37. Gremlin/Gizmo

I have no idea which answers are right.

Beckx

I'm 26 and I barely know any of those.

I'm older than anyone's reveal to date and I was baffled by some of them. TLC? WTF? They didn't play TLC on 120 Minutes. If the question had been "give yourself one point for every Cure song you can name," I'd be screwed.

My quiz questions would fall on deaf ears. :( Name 3 members of the Steel Curtain. How many switches were on the front of the Atari VCS? How were the original Nintendo Fun Club newsletters bound together? Who (in video games) are David Crane and Bob Miller? What game series featured Invisiclues? What would Activision send you if you send them physical photographs of your high scores? Give yourself a point for every Williams arcade machine you can name. What is the spiritual first game in the Gradius series?

*sigh*

I worked for a long time with a guy named David Crane. I once asked him if he knew anything about pitfall. He didn't. The dream died that day :(

Ha! Sucks to be that guy, constantly crushing the dreams of kids everywhere.

I belatedly saw that Crane wanted to do a new Kickstarter for a new Pitfall type game, but it looks like it never caught fire and died quietly. Probably for the best.

1. Fanny packs, jnco jeans, and airwalk shoes
2. Green, yellow, and orange
3. Come baby come and ???
4. Puff daddy or Selena
5. Ectocooler
6. ???
7. Jessica Simpson
8. Everybody wants to rule the world
9. Crush
10. ???
11. ???
12. Larry Johnson, Charles Barkley, Michael Jordan
13. Red light special
14. Kris kross
15. Acclaim
16. ???
17. Killer clowns from outerspace
18. ??? and No pigeons
19. Killer cuts
20. EGM
21. Battle arena toshinden
22. ???
23. Last battle
24. Twins
25. ???
26. Eve
27. ???
28. Ghetto Superstar and mya
29. Katana
30. Brandon lee and the crow
31. Labyrinth and Jennifer Connelly
32. ???
33. ???
34. ???
35. ???
36. ???
37. ???
38. Two Wong fu
39. ???
40. Gravitron

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
1. Denim jacket with the sleeves cut off so you look like an ASSHOLE
2. Green and yellow
4. The Wayans brothers
7. Hoku
10. Ricky Martin
17. It
18. Weird Al
19. Killer Kai's Cuts
20. EGM
21. Dynasty Warriors
22. Aaron Carter "And that's how I beat Shaq"
24. Twins
29. Katana
30. What?
35. Weapon Lord
37. Furby

I'm betting this is to mask loading the assets for the next room hence no skipping. It is running on the UE with low memory.

You'd think they'd load all of that at the start, though. COuld very likely be true, though. I do hope they shorten them for a potential sequel. As Max noted, it's possible to shorten them without losing the dramatic impact of repeatedly ricocheting of off the environment.

You'd think they'd load all of that at the start, though. COuld very likely be true, though. I do hope they shorten them for a potential sequel. As Max noted, it's possible to shorten them without losing the dramatic impact of repeatedly ricocheting of off the environment.

Xbox 360 RAM: 512MB
PS3 RAM: 256MB
Wii U: 1GB, but not the leading platform.

There's not enough space on the important current gen console's RAM to load the entire stage at once.

onionfrog

There's not enough space on the important current gen console's RAM to load the entire stage at once.
Wow! I didn't realize the PS3 and 360 had such little RAM. You guys are probably right about the stage transitions masking the loading of the new portions of the areas.

Hope for Next-Gen port?

I'm down for necessary evils as long as I get to see my foe bounce around like a ragdoll while I wait.

rar

1. fanny packs, light-up shoes, cargo pants
2. green, yellow, orange
4. selena?
7. jessica simpson
8. everybody wants to rule the world
9. crush?
12. jordan, barkley, ?
20. egm
21. bushido blade? idk
22. vanilla ice, go ninja go ninja go
27. all saints?
36. dynasty warriors?
37. gremlin?
39. walkman?

guess i'm a youngbuck

Shouta

I got fast tracked when I wanted a account here. Illuminati?

Thanks for watching the Injustice stream again guys. Pretty nice to uh..actually have viewers for once lol.

You got fast-tracked because you like SFxT!

Though, it was probably because you regged right before we did a giant set of account approvals.

Ugh, stuck with no Injustice until tomorrow. At least I can enjoy doing setups with Batman in the demo...

You guys better be cheering me on on Friday. I'm at the UK release day finals. I got second but still qualified as the guy that beat me
with cheap-ass Black Adam #salt
couldn't go. If I win, I win a 40" TV and a Vita!

1. JNCO jeans, chain wallets, upside down / backwards visors, bleached tips, puka shell necklaces
2. Neon green/yellow
3. ???
4. Rosie Perez
5. Ecto Cooler
6. ???, Eddie Murphy & Robin Givens
7. Willa Ford
8. Where the streets have no name?
9. damnit. is it Crush? or was that the orange soda?
10. ???
11. ???
12. jordan, shaq, grant hill (fila)
13. red light special
14. i can't put a face to alucard
15. Acclaim
16. down, R, up, L, Y, B, X, A
17. killer clowns from outer space
18. sporty thievez
19. ???
20. EGM?
21. Battle Arena Toshinden
22. Vanilla Ice, GO NINJA GO NINJA GO
23. Last Battle
24. Twins
25. Heathcliff?
26. Eve
27. ???
28. Mya, Bullworth edit:oh i misread the question and i thought you wanted the movie soundtrack it was from. obv the song is ghetto superstar. can i get a bonus point?
29. ???
30. Brandon Lee, The crow
31. Labyrinth..???
32. Daydreamin (shout outs to lord tariq and peter gunz: UPTOWN BABY, UPTOWN BABY, WE GETS DOWN BABY)
33. Jonathan Brandis
34. ???
35. ???
36. ???
37. ???
38. To Wong Foo, thanks for everything Julie Newmar
39. Zune?
40. Tilt-a-whirl (backbreaker)? I was never big on carnivals.

JDdelphin

z9c3TFD.png

1. zubaz, swatch watches, snap bracelets, british knights, adidas, etc.
2. yellow and green
3. come baby come, no idea
4. I remember she was a fly girl, but that's about it
5. ecto cooler
6. dunno the song but I think... wasn't it an eddie murphy movie? I forget the female lead
7. my sister was crazy into alanis morisette, does she count lol
8. I know nothing about U2 so I'm going to go with everybody wants to rule the world
9. Dunno about grape soda- I was all about dat purplesaurus rex kool-aid

12. Jordan, Bill Lambeers Combat Basketball, and Barkley
13. All of them. Push it is probably the answer
14. NWA
15. Argh, it was one of the old pinball companies... I can't remember exactly. It was the last great pinball Renascence ...
16. Man, I had it for Genesis...
17. Killer Klowns from Outer Space?

19. GENESIS MAAAAAN
20. EGM?
21. Huh, good question. Toshinden was in there, Tekken, Wrestlemania the Arcade game, Erghiez(god bless the)
22. Vanilla Ice. Ninja Rap- Go Ninja Go Ninja Go. This actually was brought up in a class at school by a teacher who thought there was a subliminal message in the distorted 'T.U.R.T.L.E. POWER' bits.
23. Last Battle. IT SUCKED.
24. Twins
25. HEATHCLIFF. I could sing the song right now. UH. NOSTALGIA.

30. Brandon Lee. The Crow
31. Labyrinth dunno who else was in it other than muppets...

35. uh.. tekken? I think tekken came out a little before SoulBlade but I'd swear that Soulblade was the first Namco weapon fighter. Awesome intro, awesome game.
36. KI?
37. Gremlins
38. To Wong Foo thanks for everything...
39. walkman- or actually, probably the 'discman' unless there's another obscure data device I can't remember

When do we get answers or do we research them ourselves?

1. Starter jackets, Phat Farm, Tommy Hilfiger (3)
2. Super Soaker? No idea but I'll guess green, yellow and orange (?)
4. Jennifer Lopez... Puff Daddy? (?)
7. Fiona Apple? (1)
12. Jordan, Shaq, Penny Hardaway (3)
13. I can only name Waterfalls and What About Your Friends (0)
15. I think their name was Williams? (?)
18. Sporty Thievez - No Pigeons. I own the single (2)
19. Killer Cuts (1)
21. Battle Arena Toshinden (1)
22. Vanilla Ice, don't remember the song (1)
24. Twins? (?)
25. Garfield? Heathcliff? SWAT Cats? (?)
26. Eve (1)
28. Mya, Ghetto Supastar, I also own this (2)
30. Brandon Lee, The Crow (2)
38. To Wong Fu something something Julie something (1)

I knew more but I forgot. Test is a little too music heavy. I'll be 30 this year.

GabbyJay

Ben's Lens Ben's Lens Ben's Lens
z9c3TFD.png
1) Fanny pack, wind breaker, Jordans
5) Ecto Cooler
7) Brandy
12) Jordan
13) TRICK QUESTION, ALL OF THEM
14) NWA
19) Killer cuts
20) EGM
21) Tekken Tag?
22) Vanilla Ice / Go ninja go ninja go
24) Twins
25) Heathcliff?
30) Bruce Lee / Game of Death
31) Labrynth
37) Gremlins
38) To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar
20 points. Born in '89. I'll take it

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
You got fast-tracked because you like SFxT!

Though, it was probably because you regged right before we did a giant set of account approvals.

Haha, guess I just got lucky with the timing then. Lucky me, everyone fiends for a account here it seems like. :)

Injustice Monsters:

Injustice: Gods Among Us Beginner Aquaman Tutorial

Should be enough to get anyone started. Almighty Neptune!
http://youtu.be/bGxomeaT9-g

Beckx

Haha, guess I just got lucky with the timing then. Lucky me, everyone fiends for a account here it seems like. :)

Injustice Monsters:

Injustice: Gods Among Us Beginner Aquaman Tutorial

Should be enough to get anyone started. Almighty Neptune!
http://youtu.be/bGxomeaT9-g

Supes tutorial soon Art? (By "soon," all I really mean is "before PSN store updates" which is apparently going to give you more than enough time. :)

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
Supes tutorial soon Art? (By "soon," all I really mean is "before PSN store updates" which is apparently going to give you more than enough time. :)

I have to cover the characters I know first to make it easy for myself. Last thing I want to do is give false info.

Kioshen

To be fair, the PS3 has 256mb available to the CELL cpu and 256mb available to the RSX gpu while the 360 shares it's RAM with both the CPU and GPU. Before someone chimes in saying that Tekken does stage transition quickly ... the stages are not as busy as those presented in Injustice for better or for worse.

What Max did is edit the video though and not analyse the memory footprint of the game. I'm sure they could have edited the sequences down (but not by much) to keep the pace of the match but it's not the final decision they made unfortunately. Either by artistic vision or technical limitation but this late into this generation I'd wager the later.

sephi22

What's the DC version of Marvel minions?

Anyway, DC minions feeling that Deathstroke salt in the Injustice thread. Nice to see other communities struggle with zoning. Unlike Morridoom though, Deathstroke will be ass in 2 months

Dahbomb

What's the DC version of Marvel minions?

Anyway, DC minions feeling that Deathstroke salt in the Injustice thread. Nice to see other communities struggle with zoning. Unlike Morridoom though, Deathstroke will be ass in 2 months
Yea Deathstroke gets wrecked by Aquaman. Aquaman is really good though.

Dahbomb

OOOOOoOOh, gawd dayum
I wonder if they will get angry if I refer to them (and me) using this in the Injustice thread

Are you playing the game too?
I played it at a friend's house and wrecked him using Deathstroke flowchart gimmicks. Aside from Batman, DS is one of my favorite DC characters so I was going to play him no matter what. Then he jumped on the bandwagon and I picked Aquaman. He got frustrated and turned off the game.

The chip on Aquaman's Trident rush (I think that's what its called) is insane. With meter burn you can chip someone for almost 1/4 to 1/3rd health.

Xevren

OOOOOoOOh, gawd dayum
I wonder if they will get angry if I refer to them (and me) using this in the Injustice thread

Are you playing the game too?

Calling people minions isn't bad, but I think going around calling them imbeciles just wouldn't be a smart thing to do haha.

Top Bottom