• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 15-21 | That's 102%, Welcome to DCU

Dahbomb

Marvel is still alive and will do very well all the way to EVO. After that it will stagnate greatly but will still be featured at tournaments regularly.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Marvel is dead and you know it.

injustice BBCP injustice BBCP injustice BBCP injustice BBCP injustice BBCP injustice BBCP CPM injustice BBCP injustice BBCP injustice BBCP

If you don't listen to the same type of music as Kadey you miss like half the points.

Also, ChrisG's hands will fall off from all those soul fists before anyone figures out how to beat him.

JDdelphin

Ox4Eiqm.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If you don't listen to the same type of music as Kadey you miss like half the points.

Nope. A lot of the music pertains to the era, whether you listen to them or not, there are many people who did while playing on several radio stations being played all over, and if you were watching VH1, MTV or dozens of those music channels on cable TV where you can order the music videos on the remote by pressing three numbers. Those were the days.
You had to be born in the 80s and grew up in the 90s to get many of them.

LOL at some of the answers. I'll tally the points for those who did it later.

We're screwed no matter what if people are this frail.
That's the world of today. People get upset at having to put effort into a competitive game.

Anime Disciples?
Anime Apostles.

Also, ChrisG's hands will fall off from all those soul fists before anyone figures out how to beat him.
Yeah, I was born in 1985 and didn't know most of the music stuff.

Nope. A lot of the music pertains to the era, whether you listen to them or not, there are many people who did while playing on several radio stations being played all over, and if you were watching VH1, MTV or dozens of those music channels on cable TV where you can order the music videos on the remote by pressing three numbers. Those were the days.
You had to be born in the 80s and grew up in the 90s to get many of them.

LOL at some of the answers. I'll tally the points for those who did it later.

I was born in 80 and I don't recognize a lot of those artists.

Dahbomb

Yea I was not born in the US so a lot of those music questions I don't really know aside from the big ones. Those stuff do sound familiar but I mean so much of it isn't iconic to 90s. I mean there wasn't even a single OG Power Rangers question...

I will take the questionnaire in a bit.

And yea Karst I meant it will stagnate if ChrisG wins EVO. If someone else wins especially if it's not FChamp either, Marvel is good for another year.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I was born in 80 and I don't recognize a lot of those artists.

You would know them if I said their names unless you never watched tv or paid attention to the media at all. Some of these groups and people are still talked about today in pop culture. I can list others who are dozens of times more obscure than the ones I've chosen.

I mean for example.... most people in the 90s knew about J-Lo. Now the question asks who made her famous? The question is vague because for me personally she hit big with her movie Selena. A case could also be made for P.Diddy as well but in a different way.

See this is the kind of thinking needed to answer some of these questions instead of saying you don't listen to so and so or this and that so it doesn't apply to you. Some of the questions can have different answers but it still pinpoints to a certain situation or person.
Most people don't know or care for who produced what singer or singing group, that still holds true today. Even if it's goddamn Heavy D.

This is your own personal opinion.

Dahbomb

You would know them if I said their names unless you never watched tv or paid attention to the media at all. Some of these groups and people are still talked about today in pop culture.
I mean for example.... most people in the 90s knew about J-Lo. Now the question asks who made her famous? The question is vague because for me personally she hit big with her movie Selena which is a biopic. A case could also be made for P.Diddy as well but in a different way.

For me 90s was Michael Jackson, X Men the animated series, SF/MK movies, arcades, Genesis/SNES console era, Ghost in the Shell, Michael Jordan, Forrest Gump, Pulp Fiction, Power Rangers etc.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Most people don't know or care for who produced what singer or singing group, that still holds true today. Even if it's goddamn Heavy D.

I mean for example.... most people in the 90s knew about J-Lo. Now the question asks who made her famous? The question is vague because for me personally she hit big with her movie Selena which is a biopic. A case could also be made for P.Diddy as well but in a different way.

For me 90s was Michael Jackson, X Men the animated series, SF/MK movies, arcades, Genesis/SNES console era, Ghost in the Shell, Michael Jordan, Forrest Gump, Pulp Fiction, Power Rangers etc.
I thought J-Lo's ass made her famous, so Kadey asking "who" made her famous confused me.

I gotta say, as someone who's been a fan of ChrisG since his early Vanilla days, the way he's handled all this criticism on twitter has been really, really disappointing.

He's gonna force me to root for Champ.

That's the world of today. People get upset at having to put effort into a competitive game.
One that actually has some money flow too.
Anime Apostles.
No way I'm putting my eggs in the ASW camp again. BB hasn't been exciting since CS1. That was years ago.
And yea Karst I meant it will stagnate if ChrisG wins EVO. If someone else wins especially if it's not FChamp either, Marvel is good for another year.
The scene is fucked if any one person can decimate it like this lol.

I thought J-Lo's ass made her famous, so Kadey asking "who" made her famous confused me.

I'm still sticking with my answer of Rosie Perez. Without her, there would be no Fly Girls, and without the Fly Girls there would be no Jennifer Lopez. Or now maybe the trick answer is Keenan Ivory Wayans, since if there was no In Living Color, there would be no Fly Girls.

Confusing question is confusing.

Dahbomb

Bounties and money match will reinvigorate the scene. I seriously think the Norcal guys need to put a bounty on Chris' head, hell I would chip in. The room would explode if players like Drew Grimey or Apologyman takes games off Chris.

As much as I respect Chris, he has made himself out to be somewhat of a heel. The whole "I don't care what others think" attitude is going to bite him in the ass one day.

Frantic

Marvel will be saved if Yipes manages to somehow pull off the impossible by winning with his Dante team.

Otherwise, Marvel is doomed. 1000 years of Darkness, aka Succubus/Hidden Missiles/Satan.

Dahbomb

Yipes is going to get bodied by Wolverine players first. His Spencer/Vergil/Hawkeye team is free to Logan and his Dante team isn't much better in that respect either.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Chris G isn't wrong in what he feels. He is right with what he is saying but at the same time what certain other people are telling him are true too. You can't have that kind of attitude if you expect companies and corporations to open up their wallets and get involved.
The FGC needs a Jordan. Someone who is dominate and is willing to set aside any of his opinions and feelings on everything to pave the way for future generations to make theirs. Jordan paved the way for other players to get sponsorships and endorsements while keeping it classy and not letting any kind of BS get to his head regardless of his feelings and opinions on things.

Beckx

Going to be interesting seeing stream numbers for Marvel and SSFIV at EVO.

Assuming, that is, that the schedule doesn't get fucked all to hell like last year.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I rememebr Wizard saying during the EVO game announcements "AE 2012 or whatever version we are playing by then." Did he know? Did he know?

Frantic

Yipes is going to get bodied by Wolverine players first. His Spencer/Vergil/Hawkeye team is free to Logan and his Dante team isn't much better in that respect either.
Well, yeah. That's why I said the impossible. Yipes is free to Wolverine, and only his Nova seems to stand a chance against the barrage of Logans.

Actually, thinking about it, I hope MOONs wins EVO. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No way I'm putting my eggs in the ASW camp again. BB hasn't been exciting since CS1. That was years ago.
I'll wait until I see a character I want to use. I bought BBCS to try something new, and it was enjoyable, but far too much work just to try a character out, and I didn't really like any of the characters all that much except for Arakune, whose bug combos are wtf hard.

I rememebr Wizard saying during the EVO game announcements "AE 2012 or whatever version we are playing by then." Did he know? Did he know?
Doubtful, since he didn't know about the SFxT patch.

Dahbomb

If ChrisG gets eliminated before top 8, EVO2013 is completely open. Hell even Justin would have a legitimate shot at it.

Likewise the same can be said for Infiltration in AE.

onionfrog

Hahaha! I'm dying over here. Good one Karst.

Marvel is still alive and will do very well all the way to EVO. After that it will stagnate greatly but will still be featured at tournaments regularly.
I think things will stagnate significantly if ChrisG wins EVO.
We need someone who is hungry and determined to take EVO...
I'd love to see Viscant take it. #teampurity

Bounties and money match will reinvigorate the scene. I seriously think the Norcal guys need to put a bounty on Chris' head, hell I would chip in. The room would explode if players like Drew Grimey or Apologyman takes games off Chris.
Someone should start a kickstarter or indiegogo campaign to raise a bounty on ChrisG.

vulva

lol you people talking about evo like it's groundhog day

if chris g doesn't see his shadow, it's another year of marvel being popular

Dahbomb

Honestly though there is no one as determined to take EVO as ChrisG and there is no one more deserving either. Part of me wants him to take it but another part of me doesn't. I just hope that if he does take it the GF isn't some shitty 3-0 blow out.

Horseress

Someone should start a kickstarter or indiegogo campaign to raise a bounty on ChrisG.

You know what? That's actually a great idea! Like, %30 of all the money goes to who puts him in losers bracket, and the rest goes to who eliminates him. If nobody can do the job, the money goes to some charity

Top Bottom