• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 15-21 | That's 102%, Welcome to DCU

gutabo

z9c3TFD.png
How Valle are you. No cheating.
Too US-centric for me, and I'm peruvian like Valle. I've done similar local tests and I've bodied them, getting either of these two:
pc3IUWu.png
41-50 Valle Points = You are allowed to whine about anything and everything because you've been around for a while.
pc3IUWu.png
51-52 Valle Points = God damn you old. Better sit down before you hurt your back. How are the grandkids?
Yeah, kids are too spoiled nowadays. My kid is going to RTSD and body your kids. Come at me bros.

Too US-centric for me, and I'm peruvian like Valle. I've done similar local tests and I've bodied them, getting either of these two:

Yeah, kids are too spoiled nowadays. My kid is going to RTSD and body your kids. Come at me bros.

are saltados more of an americanized peruvian food? as in, are they pretty meh in peru?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So does anyone know why no Zero players are doing the improved lightning loops?
Last time I asked Flux on stream, he said he was doing them, just in the video the one horizontal lightning is just a visual difference and they do the same damage as the one he does.

Saltados are godlike here. Here, a lomo saltado(beef):

When I visited the US I tried some peruvian food but the ingredients weren't the same(like the lemons and our aji) and the replacements weren't up to par. We're finally getting some recognition for our fucking awesome food.

PS: Also <3 honda

whew. i thought saltados were like some shitty food back in peru that "only foreigners like" or something like that. like if someone were to say, "i love italian food, like pizza from dominos" when there's a ton of other and better foods to try. saltados are the only thing i order at peruvian restaurants.

holy shit can you send me some aji sauce straight from peru? i could literally bathe in that stuff. it's pretty much my favorite sauce. aji >>>>>>>> sriracha

lol you keep saying you retired but you keep posting tech videos for him (which are awesome btw)

Did they really fucking add button checks to melee tournaments? YOU CAN'T CHANGE YOU'RE BUTTONS

When you plug a gamecube controller in, it reads your current alignment as "neutral"

So, if your stick is slightly tilted, your L trigger is lightly pressed down, or one of your buttons is sticked down, it will affect how the controller port reads your inputs. Some advanced players do this on purpose to separate their control schemes (i.e. they hold down their L trigger when plugging in so it only hard shields and use their R for light shielding), and need to check to see if they did it right.

The More You Know (tm)

:)

I watched a Youtube video with all the Injustice story mode cutscenes turned into a movie of sorts. If there's one thing NetherRealm does well, it's story.

The story aspect has more to do with DC than NetherRealm, the Justice League going fascism angle is explored in a few comics and the cartoon. The one that I know of is the Justice Lord episodes from the Justice League cartoon with a few details altered of course. But I do have to give credit to NetherRealm's ability to interweave the storyline with gameplay.

FinKL

Saltados are godlike here. Here, a lomo saltado(beef):

When I visited the US I tried some peruvian food but the ingredients weren't the same(like the lemons and our aji) and the replacements weren't up to par. We're finally getting some recognition for our fucking awesome food.

PS: Also <3 honda

Pollo/Lomo Saltado's are the godliest thing I've ever eaten in my life. Unfortunately, I still haven't found a recipe for the green hot aji sauce that I love to douse on my rice :(

Dahbomb

Are they going to be playing Injustice at NLBC?

Also is there a day 1 tier of the game? Here's mine (from playing it only a couple of hours and watching some random streams):

GOD TIER

Aquaman (Parry too good, tracking projectile too good, chipping Trident too good)
Killer Frost (Stupid vortex, slide, damage, godly pressure)
Black Adam (derp dive kick leads to full combo, good damage and tools)
Bane (102% welcome to DC son!)

"MAHVEL" TIER

Batman (he's like the Wesker of the game... fischer price combos, brain dead mix ups/pressure, zoning and has a black costume)
Green Arrow (like Hawkeye)
Deathstroke (derp full screen zoner and unblockable trait... will make scrubs super salty)
Doomsday (derp as fuck with armor and hard to block moves will make scrubs super salty)
Raven (teleport, long ranged grabs, mix ups, stance moves, zoning options... basically a Marvel character and only reason she isn't in god tier because she's ugly as fuck)
Solomon Grundy (Hulk tier, will destroy online scrubs and does boat loads of damage)
Flash (He's fast I guess)
Cyborg (how can he lose? He's got the bionic arm)
Shazam (solid character, has a teleport-like move, can zone, good damage)

MID TIER

Sinestro (good zoning options, noobs can't block boulder but gets mauled at close range)
Joker (weird to play but still pretty good)
Wonder Woman (multi stance character, not that fast, footsie based.. who cares she is ugly as fuck)
Hawk Girl (flight stance is weird)
Superman (about as boring in the game as he is in comics/movies etc)
Nightwing (cool rushdown character but will get figured out soon)
Catwoman (same as above)
Ares (the 12 year old mouth breathers will love him)
Green Lantern (He has a mini gun I guess)

PHOENIX WRIGHT TIER

Harley Quinn (random mechanics are random)
Luther (gets zoned out and rushed down easily... like Hsien Ko)

Horseress

One thing is for sure though, Injustice is pretty damn hype.

You left out one of killer frost's perks. She's hawt.

I'm surprised about this game. It has MK-like engine, but it feels different, and it's MUCH better than MK9, MUCH better

So let's have fun with Injustice until Chris G kills the game

Xevren

No way in hell is Harley Phoenix Wright tier. That's just cold.

Speaking of cold, I'm gonna say the first nerfed character will be Killer Frost.

Dahbomb

No way in hell is Harley Phoenix Wright tier.
Phoenix Wright tier means she has a random gimmick. Not that she is bad per se.

The tier list isn't even that serious obviously. No one should really be talking about tiers in this game until at least a couple of months of grinding it out at high level.

Dahbomb

Hawkgirl, Flash, Nightwing, Killerfrost, Green Lantern.

You saying flash is "fast" isn't the half of it, his fucking trait is ammy's slowdown super
I played Hawkgirl and she was boring as fuck. I guess she might have some gimmick mix ups with her flight but eh...

Didn't really try Nightwing and Green Lantern at all though. Unless something more broken is discovered Killer Frost is definitely high up there in the game especially early in the game when people will not be looking for her throw vortex and you would lose a life bar before knowing what the hell happened.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I played Hawkgirl and she was boring as fuck. I guess she might have some gimmick mix ups with her flight but eh...

Didn't really try Nightwing and Green Lantern at all though. Unless something more broken is discovered Killer Frost is definitely high up there in the game especially early in the game when people will not be looking for her throw vortex and you would lose a life bar before knowing what the hell happened.

It's not so much that hawkgirl can just blow you up, a lot of the cast really cant fight her properly.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Now that you mention it... I can sort of see this being true.

She's almost the equivalent of a mvc character fighting a sf4 character if you think about it. Not in the combo aspects and such, just the general stuff.

Or if God's Beard is around, she's Pet Shop

Top Bottom