• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 15-21 | That's 102%, Welcome to DCU

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I need to resub spooky next month, I had to take mine off cause I had zero bucks and and didnt want to get overcharged Ive been subbed to him since the start just about. The amount of time I watch his streams I feel like he deserves it from me at least.

gutabo

My son will battle your son for that food goddamn that looks tasty

IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG.

whew. i thought saltados were like some shitty food back in peru that "only foreigners like" or something like that. like if someone were to say, "i love italian food, like pizza from dominos" when there's a ton of other and better foods to try. saltados are the only thing i order at peruvian restaurants.
We have tons of variety to choose from. Here the mcdonalds, burger king, etc are mostly frowned upon but they have some people that go there besides tourists. The best part is that everyone likes to have good food so you can see stuff like a "combinado" for almost a dollar:
DXb63Gz.jpg

holy shit can you send me some aji sauce straight from peru? i could literally bathe in that stuff. it's pretty much my favorite sauce. aji >>>>>>>> sriracha
I'll gladly do it, just let me know exactly which one you would like!

lol you keep saying you retired but you keep posting tech videos for him (which are awesome btw)
I am retired! I don't even own consoles anymore but I stream monster whenever I can :( I have tons of stuff to go over yet, I have a honda hitbox thread(70% done) that I want to finish(with data I got from the game using free hacking tools like "ono!"), I have 4 hours of video footage for a hands tutorial that I have to edit(and sync with 2 hand cams), I want to test stuff like things I think might work(I found an unblockable on T.Hawk last time I played casuals at a friend's place)... but everything falls apart the minute my son asks me to play with him.

Pollo/Lomo Saltado's are the godliest thing I've ever eaten in my life. Unfortunately, I still haven't found a recipe for the green hot aji sauce that I love to douse on my rice :(
Let me know if I can help you!

PS: some free anticuchos for you guys!
i0jXcCJ.jpg

Twitch gotta wet that beak, and Spooky shares a 1 room bed apartment with other people and still barely makes rent.

Also, I'm so glad Injustice is getting so much play

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thats just subs, he does get ads and whatever cpm he makes from youtube too.
Anyone know YouTube CPM rates? Or at least for the kind of partnership he has?

I'd think subscribers would be his main source of income though, I was always under the impression YT doesn't give much unless you've got Philly D numbers.

EDIT: Yo that Magneto full screen backdash combo was disrespectful RAYRAY!

soakrates

z9c3TFD.png
How Valle are you. No cheating.

1. Name three articles of clothing or styles worn popularly in the mid to late 90s by kids, teens and adults alike. 1-3 points. Baggy pants, wallet chains, Stussy shirts (at least in Southern California)
2. What are the colors of the original 50ML super soaker? 1 point. Yellow and green, with a white barrel and orange tip
4. Without this person, Jennifer Lopez's career would most likely never take off like it did. Who is it? 1 point. P-Diddy, or as he was known back then, Puff Daddy.
5. This popular Hi-C drink featured slimer on the box, what was it's name? 1 point. Ecto Cooler
6. Name the theme song of the movie Boomerang. And name the two starring roles. 3 points. Don't know the theme. Only actor I know for sure is Eddie Murphy.
7. Besides Mandy Moore, Britney Spears and Christa Aguilera, name one other popular female pop singer of the time. 1 point. Jessica Simpson
8. What came first. Where the streets have no name or Everybody wants to rule the world? 1 point. "Everybody Wants to Rule the World"
12. Name three basketball players with popular shoes in the early to mid 90s. 3 points. Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, Shaquille O'Neal
13. Name the TLC song you can make babies to. 1 point. Of the maybe three that I know, I guess "Red Light Special"?
14. Name the rap group in the 90s in which CORN Alucard looks like he could be part of. 1 point. Bone Thugs n Harmony
15. What company helped Midway with games back in the 90s? 1 point.Not sure what is meant by "helped." I'll go with Acclaim. I know they released the original MK and a bunch of other Midway games on consoles.
16. What is the code to use same characters in VS mode of SF2 on SNES? 1 point. Down, R, Up, L, Y, B. I know this because I failed it many times.
19. Killer Instinct for SNES came with an OST, what was the name of it? 1 point. "Killer Cuts." SUCH A FEELING
20. Akuma made his magazine debut in what gaming magazine? 1 point. EGM
21. What was the first 3d fighting game for the PSone? 1 point. Battle Arena Toshinden
22. Which rap singer was featured in a TMNT movie and what was the chorus he sang? 2 points. Vanilla Ice, "GO NINJA, GO NINJA, GO!"
23. What is the name of the fist of the north star game on the Genesis? 1 point. The Last Battle
24. This movie featured Arnold and Danny Devito as bros, what was it's name? 1 point. Twins
27. This other UK female pop group was in the shadows of the Spice Girls even though many say they are better, what was their name? 1 point. B*Witched? Also, how in the hell is this question "Valle"? haha
29. What was the code name for the Dreamcast? 1 point. Katana
30. Which famous martial artist and actor died too young in the 90s and what was his last movie? 2 points. Brandon Lee, "The Crow."
31. David Bowie was the villain in this popular movie. What is the name of the movie and who also starred in it? 2 points. "Labyrinth," either Phoebe Cates or Jennifer Connelly
34. What was name of the import store featured in Gamefan? 1 point. Diehard Gamefan
35. What was the name of the Namco fighter that predates Soul Calibur, blade, edge, etc? 1 point. Tekken 1 predates all of those, but if you mean a different game, I have no clue.
37. Name the creature which can't be hit by water or eat after midnight. 1 point. Gizmo, from "Gremlins."
38. Welsey Snipes was a drag queen in this movie. 1 point. "To Wong Foo: Thanks for Everything. -Julie Newmar"
39. Name the device that is the "betamax" to mp3 players. 1 point.Minidisc
40. This carnival ride looks like a UFO. 1 point.My friends and I just called it the "flying saucer ride" because its name varied from place to place. It was the one where you stuck to the walls once it started spinning fast enough.

I think that's somewhere between 30 and 34.

Anyone know YouTube CPM rates? Or at least for the kind of partnership he has?

I'd think subscribers would be his main source of income though, I was always under the impression YT doesn't give much unless you've got Philly D numbers.

EDIT: Yo that Magneto full screen backdash combo was disrespectful RAYRAY!

I seem to remember Art saying he was doing more YT styff than twitch because he did better out of it.

Dahbomb

Won't last, so far I have seen nothing but complains about the game. About the animation, netcode, balance, lack of originality etc. Seems that even MK9 is better than it in every way.
People complain about every new fighting game.

I prefer this over MK. And I think it's fairly original... I like the trait system.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Won't last, so far I have seen nothing but complains about the game. About the animation, netcode, balance, lack of originality etc. Seems that even MK9 is better than it in every way.

LOL what? hahahahaha

I like the trait system because it's a good idea in fighters and one of the reasons I like BB a lot.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The fuck? MK9 has more originality? Now I've heard everything.

I'd buy Injustice if it hits $30. Seems like something my cousins would actually play with me since they seem to not like many other fighters.

vocab

LOL what? hahahahaha

I like the trait system because it's a good idea in fighters and one of the reasons I like BB a lot.

Same.

Injustice at a glance seems much more polished (technically) than mk9. Dunno why someone is claiming better balance when characters like Kung Lao was doing 70% corner combos/potential infinites the first month, and some characters were barely viable. It took them many patches for proper balance. It looks fun, and ill probably buy it soon. I'm not too crazy about the walk speeds in this game, but it's not the biggest problem I'll have with this game.

Dahbomb

Stuff I like about Injustice.

*Trait system is cool and really differentiates characters from each other.
*I like that you can choose between QCF motions and down, forward motions.
*In built frame data.
*Hold back to block.
*You can use meter burn move by pressing the meter burn after the move (so you can react to stuff and make better decisions)
*Lots of emphasis on meter management
*No real comeback mechanic, Wager system just gives you some breathing room it's hardly even a comeback mechanic.
*I like that every match is essentially one round but with 2 lifebars. Person who dominates first "round" is rewarded with the life lead.
*Has a good balance between zoning and rushdown playstyle. Characters generally have a good toolset and can handle various situations. It's not like in other Capcom games where one character has a shit ton of tools and the rest have way less but have higher health or something stupid like that.
*Game has a ton of shit to do offline and lots of stuff to unlock. Story is fun, keeps you occupied while you learn stuff.
*Environment selection is nice

Things I don't like:

*Animations are still crummy as is the art style
*Stage gimmicks are bad and should be disabled for competitive play
*Netcode and online features not up to snuff
*Music is really really lackluster. There is 0 hype in the soundtrack.
*Hit sparks between getting hit and blocking is a bit hard to tell, they really need to fix this.
*I wished they had gone further and added hitbox viewer as well like Skullgirls.

As you can tell I am not even concerned about the balance. It's a Netherrealm game so it will get patched periodically.

vocab

*Music is really really lackluster. There is 0 hype in the soundtrack.
*Hit sparks between getting hit and blocking is a bit hard to tell, they really need to fix this.

Ya these two are definitely the biggest problems I have with the game. MK9 had the same problem with the music. Volume was sooooooo low. They should be proud to have a memorable soundtrack in their game, but they put it on the backburner. That's what people remember the most about a lot of fighting games.

Top Bottom