• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 15-21 | That's 102%, Welcome to DCU

Kioshen

629 subs is like $1500 a month for Sp00ky. That's not much in the grand scheme of things.

Well I'm doing my part since I've been a subscriber for forever. Don't really have time to watch his streams live most of the time but I enjoy what he does. I also watched him work when I helped on a tournament and the guy deserves it. Real talk.

Dahbomb

Zoning is going to be the predominant style of play for most fighting games starting out. Even MVC3 started out this way... remember fucking Team ASS? That's right.. Arthur/Storm/Sentinel stomping on scrubs day 1 of the game.

People don't know good combos, mobility options and are still trying to get the feel of the game. The best way to prevent people from learning on the fly is to zone them hard.

Once people learn their frame data and BnBs... the type of zoning that FChamp is doing will be obsolete within a week. Of course that is not to say that rushdown will predominate... maybe a superior type of zoning will be discovered but right now the level of play shown is day 1. People just sit at full screen holding up/forward and run into boulders and fireballs.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Zoning is going to be the predominant style of play for most fighting games starting out. Even MVC3 started out this way... remember fucking Team ASS? That's right.. Arthur/Storm/Sentinel stomping on scrubs day 1 of the game.

People don't know good combos, mobility options and are still trying to get the feel of the game. The best way to prevent people from learning on the fly is to zone them hard.

Once people learn their frame data and BnBs... the type of zoning that FChamp is doing will be obsolete within a week. Of course that is not to say that rushdown will predominate... maybe a superior type of zoning will be discovered but right now the level of play shown is day 1. People just sit at full screen holding up/forward and run into boulders and fireballs.

Haven't had the time to play much beyond training mode, but yup. Brainless zoning beats brainless movement in fighting games in general, but learning how to zone effectively is way harder than learning how to move effectively so that you don't get beat by brainless projectile spam in the first place. Lots of people who are doing well with Deathstroke and Sinestro right now are gonna start getting rocked in a week or two.

Beckx

Play Injustice, It's a good game.

I've been trying. Unfortunately Sony figured that actually updating their store was too hard (why exactly am I supposed to believe in everything Dave Perry was selling for online/Gaikai?) until today, and now I'm getting oh, 1-3 megs per MINUTE download speeds from PSN. Should be ready to play by tomorrow night, unless it overheats and fries from continuously writing to the drive.

So, yeah, the day one digital world is working out fantastic.

No idea who I want to play in this game (at least til Lobo comes out). Bummed to hear Superman plays boring but not really surprised. No one can figure out how to make the character fun in a game. And me so hyped after the new trailer. Just going to call it a night and read Birthright.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Running a $2k tournament the day after a game comes out is the stupidest shit ever. Someone on twitter said that it's like paying people to pirate the game, and yeah, that's like 100% the case.

GabbyJay

Ben's Lens Ben's Lens Ben's Lens
Never had an interest in MK9.

I want to play/watch a lot of Injustice. Not gonna lie, 60% of it is the characters.

Interactive stages are just fine. The elements are not random. (And controlled randomness is usually fine to a degree anyway.)

Yeah but the combo factor and the fact that some players can't pick up some things and others can just has me leaning towards having them off.

Chris G showing how much better his fireball placement is. Threw less fireballs at a health deficit against Dieminion and clutched it out.

Valle is getting much better on the mic. I remember just a few years ago he was still struggling to put together complete sentences whenever he got on the stream to make a announcement or do commentary.

90 players for Injustice? Kinda surprising that Persona had more at its debut and it didn't have 2 grand on the line.

I was about to say I thought I remember P4A getting over 100 during it's debut. Still that's a lot of people. We'll see how it does in the coming months.

It really sucks that the only DC character I give 2 shits about is Batman b/c Injustice looks fun.

Well the testers have said that Batman is top tier so you can always go back to Batman and still do well if experimenting with the others doesn't work out.

Edit: Xian on Injustice?

Top Bottom